Theme-Porter [v1.0] [Any Firmware / Rom Compatible] [WINDOWS]

Do you find the latest beta functional ?

• Yes

Votes: 158 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 52 21.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Daneshm90

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 1, 2009
crossing platforms doesnt work.

tried to move the celadon theme for CM 5.0.7 (which is android 2.1)
to SuperD 1.11 (which is android 1.6)

i also tried transfering Elegance for SuperD 1.11
to SuperE 1.0.3

the fonts transfered. nothing else did.

but i did successfully transfer the celadon theme for CM 5.0.7
to SuperE 1.0.3

Firstly, fonts aren't suppose to be transfered, so something definitely went wrong, i'll take a shot at transferring. I'll get back to u.

Edit : Yea ur right. So turns out, forgot that pre-eclair we didnt have diff rez folders (mdpi/hdpi). K i'll incorporate a way to accomodate that into my script ;) Thnx for pointing that out.

Last edited:

avisions

Apr 14, 2010
Detroit, MI
Firstly, fonts aren't suppose to be transfered, so something definitely went wrong, i'll take a shot at transferring. I'll get back to u.

Edit : Yea ur right. So turns out, forgot that pre-eclair we didnt have diff rez folders (mdpi/hdpi). K i'll incorporate a way to accomodate that into my script ;) Thnx for pointing that out.

other than that. this script is awesome.
ive been porting themes all day. looking forward to updates

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
I just downloaded it. To tell you the truth it is not a "script" it is a "batch" file. Calling it a script makes me think it is a shell script I can run with Linux. :(

My bad, i have gotten sloppy on my thread title scheme's. Yea, its a batch script, hence windows :(

Edit : Done and done. Im not experienced with linux when it comes down to creating shell scripts :(, hope someone who is ports this over.

Last edited:

nussie

Sep 2, 2009
Pretoria
Wow, this looks amazing!
Can someone please post a detailed step by step guide, for those of us that's not quite there yet with all the pushing and pulling and creation of folders!

Much appreciated

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
this sounds like a fantastic idea.

but, i'm an idiot. i have no idea what you're saying when you refer to 'old folder' and 'new folder'. are these folders i just create? nameless? am i pulling entire folders from each rom? do these folders have to be in the same folder as the script that is running?

i need more clarity, for i am dumb.

shiyou

Feb 20, 2010
Does this also port device to another device? Lets say i wanna port a motorola droid theme over to my motorola milestone
does that work without problems?

kyouko

Mar 6, 2010
Man, this makes it a hell of a lot easier :D
thanks for the great work, wish you released this earlier today lol, would've saved me some time porting a theme :p

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
Does this also port device to another device? Lets say i wanna port a motorola droid theme over to my motorola milestone
does that work without problems?

This basically does not resize ur pngs. So yes u can port from device to device as long as the devices have the screen resolution (ie mdpi to mdpi, or hdpi to hdpi).

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
this sounds like a fantastic idea.

but, i'm an idiot. i have no idea what you're saying when you refer to 'old folder' and 'new folder'. are these folders i just create? nameless? am i pulling entire folders from each rom? do these folders have to be in the same folder as the script that is running?

i need more clarity, for i am dumb.

K i'll try to explain.

When porting a theme over, all u gotta do normally is extract ur system apps and framework-res and transfer only images that are existing in the new rom, none that aren't. Thats wht this script does.

So you take out the framework and app folder from ur old(themed) rom and place it inside old folder, and place ur app/framework folder of new(un-themed) rom inside new folder. Then run the script. Once done, the apps under new folder will be themed, and u can do w/e u want with them.

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
other than that. this script is awesome.
ive been porting themes all day. looking forward to updates

K i have something for u to test, i tested it a few times, it works fine but u never know lol.

This script should take care of porting <2.0 themes to 2.0+ roms.

Let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• test.zip
    264.3 KB · Views: 82

illmaticone

Mar 24, 2007
Ok so the # of downloads have reached my defintion of *in demand* ;)

So these are the changes im thinkin of bringing, feel free to make suggestions.

- Make the "new folder" into an update.zip once the script has run through its paces

- Have an option to pull app/framework directly from ur phone

Those are the only 2 i can see as being useful, if anymore let me know.

How about:

reboots your phone into recovery
Detect what files are in the OLD folder
Automatically Pull Those Files from your phone
Create a Backup folder (and give recovery option at end in case it fails)
Convert
Push back to phone
Reboot

p.s. Great job !

MrCDWJR

Feb 14, 2010
San Diego
sick stuff man great work. I just ported the nex theme from enomthers pre-themed version to kang-o-rama. it was weird though because i had to uninstall launcher pro first so i wouldnt force close after first reboot. and then i had to sign back into my google account. its all good though because this is some great stuff. good job

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres a script that ports your themes from firmware to firmware, rom to rom.

How it works:

- Looks through app/framework folder for apks that exist in new/old rom
    - Then extracts pngs from those apks
    - Then deletes mismatching pngs
    - Repacks old themes pngs into new rom
    - Done

Note: Benefit of this method is that you could literally port a donut theme to a froyo rom because it only copies images that exist in the new rom, and none that don't.

Betas are spread out through-out the thread (they provide a lot more features)

Instructions:

- Download zip
    - Extract zip
    - Place old framework/app in old folder (Rom that has the theme)
    - Place new framework/app in new folder (Rom u want to port it to)
    - Run batch script
    - The new folder is now themed

Requirements: Windows environment

Improvements:
    - Dependant on demand for this script.

NOTE: For now u can only transfer themes from 2.0+ to 2.0+ roms and pre 2.0 to pre 2.0 roms. Big reason is because of the mdpi folders whereas before there was only one. Will implement it as soon as possible.

Beta 3 Download -
    http://www.multiupload.com/62I7MXV620
    I found this elsewhere with a little help from Google. ^^
    Actually, the original mediafire file is still there (the animated download link) - it's just that mediafire changed their url format...

This works: http://www.mediafire.com/?d6n25tjqnksnk7t
    and download link is not working D:

>>Download Theme Porter 3 from here<<

Does this support HDPI or CM7 themes yet? Also, is this even still active?
    Theme Porter Support everything! All the ROMs!!!

For Example... it works if you have to "Port" a Theme/ROM for Nexus S to a Theme/ROM for Galaxy S or a Milestone!
    (attention when the former is hdpi and the latter is mdpi, use the function
    Toggle to hdpi-to-mdpi, but I don't know how this works)

The Porter works like Metamorph (but all happens on the PC, so out from the phone)!
    Metamorph works while the smartphone is active (OS is working)!
    With Metamorph I have problems if I try to modify frameork-res.apk, I suppose because OS are using it!
    So I use TP without problems!

Theme Porter extracts all the PNG of all the APKs in /OLD and compare them with all the PNG of all the APKs in /NEW!

If there are 2 PNG with the same name in the same place, Theme Porter takes the PNG in /NEW and replace it with the PNG in /OLD!

If the PNG exists only in /OLD, Theme Porter doesn't copy it in /NEW!

If the PNG exists only in /NEW, Theme Porter doesn't replace it (because there's nothing to replace)!

Doesn't matter if you use a Theme or Rom in update.zip, you need only the APKs!
    Indeed you only need the png in the apk!
    You can use (or make) a nameofapp.zip with inside only the folder /res/drawable/etc.... (or res/drawable-hdpi/pngfiles...etc...), then rename it in .apk and put it in OLD, and Theme Porter works just as well!! ;)

When I try to port, I keep getting: The system cannot find the file specified
    Address are too long!
    Rename Theme Porter folder in "TP" and put it in C/
    So you will have C/TP/new and C/TP/old, it works in this way! ;)

Here I posted a >Video Tutorial< in Italian!
    If you want... I can translate the slides in english! (Let me know...)
    But it's so easy that it is not necessary translate... ;)

How can i get that 'new rom'?
    because all i got just an apk from cm7 theme chooser..
    Thanks..

The Rom is a update.zip that contains (not only...) apks .... etc etc etc!
    The Theme is an update.zip that contains the Font, Bootanimation, and all the apks of the ROM (wich is based on) but with "themed" png!

The Theme.apk for theme chooser is different and it is only 1 apk that works like metamorph, but in different way because Theme Chooser doesn't replace physically the png in all the system.apk (all the apks of the ROM), but "tell" to the device that the png that are in the system apks are now in the Theme.apk (Theme for Theme Chooser)

You can learn to use Theme.apk for Theme Chooser from
    >>>HERE - [GUIDE] T-mobile theme engine for the faint at heart<<<

You could use Theme Porter (TP) between 2 apk for Theme Chooser, but this isn't the same of using TP between 2 ROM/Theme, because 2 apks for Theme Chooser could be very different!!!
    i need some help. i made some changes to the colors of some of the png's just in the drawable-mdpi folder in gomorrah's cm 6.1 theme and im trying to port the theme to jaybob's froyo2.2 DEC 17 BLACKMOD rom. i put gomorrah's framework in the old folder and jaybob's framework in the new folder, run the script, select 1, and it just says "The system cannot find the file specified." for both the apps and framework. heres a screenshot. thanks for any help.

79eac6434c0cb57a9d0f3aeb27ce7c065e37d69652df6f99b6bdcaf81bfa479d5g.jpg

I was having the same problem as you until I moved the folder containing the theme porter to "C:/themeporter". Any spaces will prevent the script from running.

May I suggest that the OP be amended to make this clear as I'm sure it will save a lot of similar posts / people's time?