T-Mobile G2x, stock android?

Search This thread

SupaDupaFly24

Feb 7, 2008
The G2 is stock android and it still has some bloatware not a lot but its still there. This will probably be near stock experience just like the G2!!

Seems like a great phone tho!!! But im sticking with my Nexus, there is nothing like a google supported phone!

Edit:
These are all the apps that will be preloaded on the device

* Need for Speed™ SHIFT HD, developed by Electronic Arts (EA), is an award-winning, authentic racing game that combines the true driver's experience with real-world physics, pixel-perfect car models, and a wide range of authentic race tracks.
* DTS Ultra Mobile™, which includes two innovative audio technologies – DTS Envelo™ and DTS Boost™ – for a premium surround sound experience. When listening to music or playing games on the T-Mobile G2x, customers will enjoy rich, enhanced sound that adds depth, dimension and volume levels that are robust without distortion.
* A demo of Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance - N.O.V.A., developed by Gameloft, is a fast-paced sci-fi action game in which players operate as Kal Wardin, an elite soldier established to protect humanity from alien threats.
* T-Mobile TV, offering live and on-demand TV including news, sports and full-length entertainment, plus full episodes of your favorite shows.
* Zinio eReader, the largest online newsstand, enabling customers to shop for, search inside, read, share and save digital content in new ways with more than 75,000 digital magazines from 26 countries.
* T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik™, enabling video conversations with friends and family through T-Mobile's network and Wi-Fi.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/22/lgs-t-mobile-g2x-announced-available-later-this-spring/

Last edited:

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Stock Android but I prefer by updates being handled and maintained by Google especially with open sourcing kernels etc.

Although, LG does look really good in the Android game. If they live up to updating their phones in a timely matter. They're definitely going to gain the respect from the Android modding community.

J

JupiterDroid

so i was reading this article

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/articles/T-Mobile-G2x-with-Google

and it says "Powered by a stock version of the Android™ 2.2 operating system", does that mean there's no bloatware and it's just like the Nexus? if so, there seems to be no greater phone than this one.

I owned a G2 and it looked like stock android but it totally wasn't. Cyanogen actually commented on this issue when porting CM6 to the device, he said it was not stock android and had lots of htc elements in the build. You will only find stock on the n1 or the ns natively;)

JD

Sent from my Google Nexus Magic Wand S