Online flash videos is always blank

Search This thread

comc49

Feb 25, 2011
I have CM7 installed on my mytouch 4g and when I try to view online flash videos the video is blank but I can hear the sound. I reinstalled flash many time and I used many different browers but I cannot seem to get the thing working. Can anyone help me please?

flir31207

Aug 22, 2011
I have a similar - but worse - problem. I cannot watch online videos (e.g. from YouTube), but I can also not watch videos that I have stored locally on the SD card. I both cases I can hear the sound but no video is shown.
Installing Flash 10.1 did neither solve the online video nor the local video problem :-(

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
not sure if that was directed at me or someone else; in any case, I tried it and it did not help (neither for online nor for local videos).

Google the 10.1 apk. That one should work for online video. Make sure to reboot tue device after installing the apk. Sd card playback is a different issue.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

flir31207

Aug 22, 2011
Google the 10.1 apk. That one should work for online video. Make sure to reboot tue device after installing the apk.

Nope, that doesn't work. Neither does version 10.2.156.12 as was suggested before. Since I have these problems with both online and local videos, I think that it's something more "substantial" than the flash player ...

flir31207

Aug 22, 2011
I have a similar - but worse - problem. I cannot watch online videos (e.g. from YouTube), but I can also not watch videos that I have stored locally on the SD card. I both cases I can hear the sound but no video is shown.
Installing Flash 10.1 did neither solve the online video nor the local video problem :-(

Today I was able to fix my problem, which was apparently triggered by the kernel I use - DemonSpeed v9. After getting rid of it and going back to the kernel that comes with CM7, why videos all work now (so does my camera, which also no longer work, recently).

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
Today I was able to fix my problem, which was apparently triggered by the kernel I use - DemonSpeed v9. After getting rid of it and going back to the kernel that comes with CM7, why videos all work now (so does my camera, which also no longer work, recently).

Yea, I believe demonsoeed is for sense only. Try an asop kernel, like one of faux asop kernels.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

flir31207

Aug 22, 2011