[ROM] *Mostly stock* [UCBL3] [Dev]astation [2.3.6]

Search This thread

MaliciousIntent69

Jan 26, 2012
California
If anyone can trouble shoot my problem with java id be grateful. Cureently i downloaded java 7 update 3 with java se develppement kit 7. when i go to.use apktool. I get an error stating that java is not recognized as an internal or external command. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
If anyone can trouble shoot my problem with java id be grateful. Cureently i downloaded java 7 update 3 with java se develppement kit 7. when i go to.use apktool. I get an error stating that java is not recognized as an internal or external command. Any ideas?

Never had that happen...only thing i can think of is uninstalling, downloading (in case bad download), then reinstalling...you probably already tried that though...but it is late so maybe you didn't think of that due to lack of sleep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

MaliciousIntent69

Jan 26, 2012
California
Never had that happen...only thing i can think of is uninstalling, downloading (in case bad download), then reinstalling...you probably already tried that though...but it is late so maybe you didn't think of that due to lack of sleep

Hehe that was the first thing I tried xD Tried it several times actually :/

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Hehe that was the first thing I tried xD Tried it several times actually :/

Figured you would tried that...well i came really help anymore than that suggestion i made earlier...but i would wait until nun, big, quickster or someone else gets up...they will probably be alot more help!

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
This is what I did :
Uninstall all Java components
Download the kit and make sure its the rigjht one with development
Used a registry cleaner to remove old entries
Installed and immediately rebooted

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer
I'm about to give up. Tried these plus several other fixes. Still nothing. No clue what I'm doing wrong.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Try ApkManager. I had problems with apktool myself. I hate typing commands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AEON beta and Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

NunHugger

Dec 18, 2009
Des Moines, IA
If multi worked, tool would work. Sounds like you may not have been opening the command window properly.

I am a proponent of tools over multi, but if it works for you...use it.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

MaliciousIntent69

Jan 26, 2012
California
If multi worked, tool would work. Sounds like you may not have been opening the command window properly.

I am a proponent of tools over multi, but if it works for you...use it.

For some reason when I shift ctrl right click in apktool folder the option to open command window didn't work. So I opened command window and directed the path to the apktool folder and tried it that way. This is how you do it, no?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

NunHugger

Dec 18, 2009
Des Moines, IA
You just need to make sure your have no file or folder selected in the apktool folder when selecting to open the command window. I will right click in a blank area to clear then shift ctrl right click to get the window.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dev_Banner.png

Malicious is back, and bring you... [Dev]astation! A mostly stock ROM, *little mods, no tweaks*, Running Smooth, Fast, Clean.. and so far without error. Do you enjoy the ability to customize, but also like stock ROMs? Then this ROM is for you! Featuring 8 Lockscreens, Extended Power Menu, and even Bedwa's InfusionGB CoreA2 Kernel! Video works, HDMI-out does not work unfortunately, No force closures so far! Themes are in development as we speak, as of right now I have a battery mod up to show percentage. So... Why not give [Dev]astation a try? [/CENTER]

How do I flash this?:
    1. Download the ZIP
    2. Place on your Internal SD card
    3. Boot into CWM(Red perfered)
    4. Wipe data/cache/dalvik cache
    5. Select Install from SD Card
    6. Select [Dev]astation
    7. Reboot and Enjoy!
    8. Let the ROM settle for a good 5 Minutes before main use of the phone.

How do I change the lockscreen?:
    Go into Settings, select Display, then select Unlock Screen and choose the lockscreen of your liking.

What's this ROM feature?:
    • UCBL3 Base ROM
    • UCBL3 Modem
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Simple custom Android Boot up Screen
    • Bedwa's InfusionGB CoreA2 Kernel
    • EPM(Extended Power Menu) Thanks to Dman!
    • 8 Lockscreens Thanks to Nunhugger and those who created the lockscreens
    • Custom Battery Mod(Optional)
    • Working Video!
    • Bloatware removed!
    • Beats Audio
    • Lidroid 14 Toggles

Known Issues So Far?:
    • External_SD wont show. (FIXED - Download External_SD Card Fix and Flash with CWM)
    • HDMI Out Doesn't work. (Due to the Kernel the ROM runs, for HDMI Flash Entropy's DD

DISCLAIMER!
    I am not responsible for any damage done to you or your device when flashing this ROM or other packages for, from or anywhere around this ROM/Topic. You have been warned!

Dev_Downloads.png

[Dev]astation Build 2(Newest Release!)

This is the second ROM I have created/worked on. I am still learning, and experimenting with new things. I am no where near as good as most people on these forums, I do not do this for the donations, popularity, or anything of that sort. I do this to share my creation, my ideas, and my progress. I am open to suggestions, ideas, and anything else you wanna throw at me. Message me if you have questions, or need help with something. Oh by the way, don't forget to click that thanks button, Have a great day!

How can we get a hold of you?:
    Best way to get a hold of me for questions, suggestions or just to troll me would by email
    maliciousmarcus6993@gmail.com

Dev_Thanks.png

Dman(EPM Mod)
    Nunhugger(Lockscreen MOD)
    The Collective(Advice, help)
    Bedwa(Kernel)
    Bigfau(Video Fix)
    Oldbbman(Testing)
    Bigjoe(Testing)
    Fuss132(Beats Audio)
    ppalbicke(Theming Help)
    lidroid(for teh toggles guide)
    and all the XDA Forum Dwellers for the Support and Appreciation, Thank you guys!
    LOVE THIS!

Any places to get a good % battery?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25728588

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Well now that I have a solid stable smoothing running slate. I started work on trying to theme it. Which so far is like sitting a 3 year old in front of a disassembled car engine and telling them to fix it -.- so it might be a bit before any theme come out sadly.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA
    Well said indeed. I always follow your guys' advice, and It always ends up sending me right where I need to go.
    My grandmas been battling cancer for the last month. She has stage 4 lung cancer. And tge doctor said shes in her last stages of life so she will be passing soon. I am very close to her and i live with for now i cannot continue this prpject i will be unavailable. Thank you guys for the support of this rom. The links will always be up for download.

-Marcus

Our thoughts and prayers are with your grandmother and you.