XDA 2013 Beta Theme is Now Live! [Comments Thread]

Search This thread

svetius

Retired User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
Today we are announcing the public beta of the new "2013" theme for the XDA forums. This theme is in active development, though for the most part it should be suitable for daily use. You can access it via the "Style Chooser" in the bottom left corner of most pages.

Please note: this theme is not bug free. It's possible that you will notice some funky behavior while using it.

Some of the primary benefits/features:
  • When we finish optimizing, it will be significantly faster than the existing "XDA 2010" theme.
  • Optimized for displays 1280 width screen resolution
  • We've added a sidebar to update you on PMs and subscribed threads/forums. This is collapsible for users when reading threads.
  • Tabbed home page which will default to showing your subscriptions to give you easy-access to the forums you care about most.
  • Enhanced device information pages (for example: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1533) that will show specs and root instructions for some devices.
  • Plus many other little additions and improvements.

Most of the user-facing changes are cosmetic. We created XDA 2013 as a platform for much more significant enhancements to the site, which will be rolling out over the next few months.

Please use this thread to post your comments and suggestions. If you have bugs to report, please post your thoughts in this thread.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

Empty2k12

Nov 12, 2011
Berlin
Use it sice a week and its very fast. the only problem is the thanks-expand-arrow, he is too wide away from the text

Admin Edit: I made the "expand" text clickable also. - js1999

Edit: Thanks Admin :D

Last edited:

THeLogiC

Sep 19, 2011
just a suggestion.
The "online" symbol should be more green as currently difference between offline(black) and online(green) is very less noticeable :)

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
I really hate that there is so much crammed everyhwere, the right side portal stories are annoying, if I want portal stories I click on "portal"

I think the 2010 version is better, some of the fonts are cooler on the 2013 version but there is just way too much crammed on the screen at once.

The-Captain

Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2011
sweet, trying it now.
This is defiantly different, looks clean, futuristic. I like it, will take sometime for my eyes to adjust to it tho.

Last edited:

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
I really hate that there is so much crammed everyhwere, the right side portal stories are annoying, if I want portal stories I click on "portal"

I think the 2010 version is better, some of the fonts are cooler on the 2013 version but there is just way too much crammed on the screen at once.

You can close the sidebar if you don't really like it.

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
So far, the only thing I don't really like about this is the fact that if you click on a device (e.g. the HD2) all of the subforums appear. I understand that outside of the HD2 this won't be a major problem, but it still looks a bit clunky. Also, on normal zoom (i.e. I've pressed ctrl+0) I get a scroll bar thing along the bottom? Seems a bit odd, probably just a little glitch. Don't have it outside of when I'm replying though.

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
Needs are darker font system wide. Post_bit fonts are too light. That's the only thing that I see that I would change at this point.

But, that's just the VBulletin Admin in me coming out. LOL.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
I only see the ability to close the sidebar while viewing a post and not forums. Is there a option Im missing?

I like the look but would like the ability to collapse the sidebar.

It's up the top right in the forum view too.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 199

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Hmm I must not be special enough to get that option yet :D.

Attachments

• sidebar.jpg
    sidebar.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 175

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Can we maybe have an option to only remove the portal posts from the side bar but instead display ALL messages and subscribed threads / fora?
Because clicking on "View all messages" takes you to the PM page. I'd rather have them in that list (best would be if it takes as much place as available :) ) (same for threads and fora)

Reactions: bionicbee2000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today we are announcing the public beta of the new "2013" theme for the XDA forums. This theme is in active development, though for the most part it should be suitable for daily use. You can access it via the "Style Chooser" in the bottom left corner of most pages.

Please note: this theme is not bug free. It's possible that you will notice some funky behavior while using it.

Some of the primary benefits/features:
    • When we finish optimizing, it will be significantly faster than the existing "XDA 2010" theme.
    • Optimized for displays 1280 width screen resolution
    • We've added a sidebar to update you on PMs and subscribed threads/forums. This is collapsible for users when reading threads.
    • Tabbed home page which will default to showing your subscriptions to give you easy-access to the forums you care about most.
    • Enhanced device information pages (for example: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1533) that will show specs and root instructions for some devices.
    • Plus many other little additions and improvements.

Most of the user-facing changes are cosmetic. We created XDA 2013 as a platform for much more significant enhancements to the site, which will be rolling out over the next few months.

Please use this thread to post your comments and suggestions. If you have bugs to report, please post your thoughts in this thread.

Thank you for your help!

Use it sice a week and its very fast. the only problem is the thanks-expand-arrow, he is too wide away from the text

Admin Edit: I made the "expand" text clickable also. - js1999

Edit: Thanks Admin :D

You can close the sidebar if you don't really like it.
    For anyone with small screen real estate we do have a min-width 1024 version of the site, you can load it up here:

http://xdaforums.com/index.php?styleid=19