HTC One S C2 is forgotten by HTC itself!!!

Search This thread

.TanTien

Aug 7, 2012
Stylus you really should calm down a bit. I absolutely understand your annoyance but this will not help you at all. We can only hope that HTC doesn't want to lose their customers because they are getting rolled over by Samsung and other smartphone companies in selling counts. And a good support should be the first logical step for them to gain back customers.

Sent from my HTC One S using Trickdroid v3.0.0

stylus1828

Feb 21, 2008
Alba Iulia & Cluj Napoca
Yeah... I know that but it's the only thing that I can do right now.
I'm really mad because I had only problems with my last two HTC phones and I'm mad that I was fooled by the looks of this phone. :mad:
I believe that we deserve real answers to our problem not all the bull**** they are trying to give us.

.TanTien

Aug 7, 2012
Yeah... I know that but it's the only thing that I can do right now.
I'm really mad because I had only problems with my last two HTC phones and I'm mad that I was fooled by the looks of this phone. :mad:
I believe that we deserve real answers to our problem not all the bull**** they are trying to give us.
I absolutely understand how you feel. It's nearly the same with me (except it's my first HTC). But such companies will never say the truth because thy know that otherwise nobody would by their phones.

Reactions: stylus1828

mikness360

Jan 21, 2012
guys guys I'm very upset with htc as you all do,but complaining isn't gonna do anything.
I just gave up on getting on getting a new phone because I chose this phone and I want to keep it,apart from not willing more money,that should be clear,so I think I will patiently wait for the next update.
The least we can do is not getting htc or minor phone brands anymore,that should serve them right.
Anyway,I read everywhere that the company lost 80% market worldwide,how in the world they could think of replacing one of their most powerful phones in a moment like this? obviously most people won't know that their phone was modified but thore who are aware can't get past this...
htc you won't get my money in the future,just know that :)

clewis

Apr 19, 2011
London
dlb-network.com
Will post mine in a sec im going deep in this one and saying ll the facts us XDA people know, and htc support doesnt lol.

Here you go:

You have been connected to Ralph.
Ralph: Hi Christian, thank you for contacting HTC Support, I am looking in to your query now.
Ralph: I am sorry for your wait during this busy time.
Christian Lewis: thanks and no worries
Ralph: I understand that you are querying the Sense 4.1 update for the HTC One S.
Christian Lewis: yes i have the HTC ONE S C2 model i know that the update was released around 2 months ago for the ONE S but yet no one on XDA who has the C2 version has received the update only the normal ONE S users have received it
Ralph: I assume you are in general asking when JellyBean will be available for the phone.
Christian Lewis: both the one s according to HTC they released sense 4.1 android 4.0.4 for the one s months ago yet no one with the same model as mine has the update the ONE S C2 is the model name
Christian Lewis: Only people with the One s have the update and im wondering why and if this model will ever get updates as it hasn't since launch
Ralph: Is you phone branded to a network?
Christian Lewis: no
Ralph: Can you tell me the IMEI number?
Christian Lewis: yeah sure
Christian Lewis: 3-----------------
Ralph: I am sorry for the inconvenience but the updates are not released to every phone at the same time. It is staged out based on serial number so that there is less pressure on the FOTA process and systems.
Ralph: I acan only advise you to keep checking for the update.
Christian Lewis: okay its just im annoyed i spent the same money on this phone everyone else did but yet everyone who lucky enough got the orignal ONE S receive updates, yet i do
Christian Lewis: dont
Christian Lewis: is there no one i can talk to who has more information on this ? i am thinking of selling this phone soon as i feel i have been ripped off with lack of device support
Ralph: Anyone else here would be telling you the same thing.
Ralph: There is a way that has been successful in th past to pusha n update if it is 'stuck' in the system.
Ralph: One means is to advance the date to a year from now, trickingthe system for a few days to think a lot of time has passed and grab an update.
Ralph: The other is tou back up the phone and factory reset. Sometimes in the reset process, the firmware is moved up to be updated.
Christian Lewis: okay fair enough it's nor your fault the side of htc that deals with updates need to sort it out lol and o right thanks for the tip ill give it a go how long do i have to keep the date like that?
Ralph: I would say a day or so. It is nit a sure-fire means but has worked in the past.
Christian Lewis: alright ill give it a go see if anything happens but to be honest i have a feeling HTC hasn't even released it for this model number when no one has received it lol
Christian Lewis: but if you can mate pass this forum post on to someone because a lot of people are getting annoyed - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951147
Ralph: I am sorry, I am not allowed to comment on and I cannot view forum posts.
Christian Lewis: alright mate fair enough thanks for the help anyway hopefully HTC hasn't forgot about this model version but thanks for the tip
Ralph: I would advise you to keep checking for an update, perhaps weekly.
Christian Lewis: alright mate i will do thanks for the help,
Ralph: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Christian Lewis: na thats it mate

Last edited:
Reactions: stylus1828 and qzem

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
Those people for online support are delusional or obliged to tell as a lie:). Update for this model wasn't pushed yet. They just have to cover big company ass,and they are paid to do this. It is a big shame for htc that was selling different hardwares under same.phone. Even if you go on the official site there is only original one mentioned.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

mikness360

Jan 21, 2012
Apart from all those things, I NEED UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

farang4u

Aug 31, 2008
LOS
I posted a review noting the lack of support for the S3 version. There's a lot I like about this phone, the hardware design, right sized screen (One X is too big), I even like sense. BUT having to buy a inferior version (no S4 in my area) and not to support it like the S4 version is a deal breaker for me. I'll be looking hard at the Motorola offerings for my next phone.

Last edited:

kulam5421

Sep 3, 2012
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Good thing i exhausted all resources to get me an s4 version here in my country (Philippines) where One S users are really few, and most of them s3 users. Its not fair that the s3 updates are behind s4, especially noting the fact that HTC "shorthanded" them on the quick change of specs. just keep your cool,im sure you will get what you want sooner or later :)

mistermanko

Jun 28, 2011
Berlin
One part of the ville c2 owners are forgotten here, the part which got branded s3 devices. With a branded one you can't unbrand, cause there is no way to change the CID. So we never can get any ota update if there is no dev who will work on that.

mikness360

Jan 21, 2012
A guy in another thread said that he got jellybean update o. O anyone who has stock can confirm? I have trickdroid I can't check

lbrfabio

Jun 1, 2011
A guy in another thread said that he got jellybean update o. O anyone who has stock can confirm? I have trickdroid I can't check

I guess if the One S C2 is really having jelly before One X and One S, this thread should be deleted from the face of earth :D

Last edited:

mikness360

Jan 21, 2012
Man this post was created two weeks of so ago, a guys just today notified that he has gotten update. Underlining today, capisce

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
I guess we just had to open this thread and sent some bad reviews to htc and the update is here, or at least thats what some users are reporting :D. But they are reporting update to 4.0.4 Androdi and 4.1 Sense, and not to jellybean as somebody here is saying.Please somebody confirm this.

Reactions: stylus1828

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :confused:

Those f*****g f*****s at HTC must have forgotten that they have released HTC One S with S3 processor, cause those assholes, haven't released a single OTA update for this phone, no Sens 4.1 one for us (not that I care about sens, but some might!), no 4.0.4 android for. I guess they don't mind having their phone in a customer hands with known vulnerabilities. And when you write to them they just act like the update is already out, and just try to convince you that you are probably to stupid to know how to use an update settings, or you live in to big of a **** hole for updates to find you. If somebody knows where and how to make a petition where we could show HTC how many unsatisfied costumers it have, I would glady to sign it, and rubb it into ther face. It is really not fare that such good phone has such bad support. And I don't want to buy a f**** flagship phone with gigantic screen just to have my phone supported by the manufacturer.

That would be all,

Have a nice day everybod,

and to be-loving HTC, F*** YOU and your s***ty update policy!

P.S.: I hope I won't get banned for bad language, but it is hard to express my rage against HTC differently :D
    Yeah... that's a problem for me too but I will get used to it.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

I've just got a call from a HTC employe regarding my bad review about HTC. :p
    I completed a review form for HTC and told them that I'm very dissapointed.
    She asked me why I'm so dissapointed and I told her about the problems that I had with HTC Sensation (dust problems and boot problems) and that now I'm dissapointed with HTC One S S3 a.k.a C2 because of the lack of support and ota updates.
    I told her about the lack of updates and that HOS S4 users already got several updates. I even told her that we can't get custom roms for our devices because devs are not interested in this device and they don't have the stuff that they need in order to provide such roms.
    She told me that she will forward my complains and they will do something about this problem.
    I think that we need to do more bad reviews to make them do something! :D
    First they let us wait for months to get proper update. Now they have protected kernel so we can't obtain proper root access. I must say again f*** htc.
    I ask myself "was this phone crap when I bought it?"

No.

I ask myself "is this phone crap now?"

No

I say to all the whining people "sell your HTC, buy a Samsung and go whine on their forums" then we will have a nice quiet forum and a great phone that still does everything we bought it for. Just need to sweep up all the dummies that have been spit onto the floor.
    Odp: HTC One S C2 is forgotten by HTC itself!!!

My first and last htc. No updates no fun :mad: