S view cover battery drain?????

Search This thread

nespid

Oct 21, 2008
Kearny, NJ
Anyone else seeing battery drain with their s view cover???

I just got mine today and almost immediately felt like I started seeing excessive battery drain.

Not sure if I'm going crazy or what.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

nespid

Oct 21, 2008
Kearny, NJ
Ok. Pretty sure I'm not crazy. 37 to 34 percent in about twenty minutes with phone in my pocket with s view cover.

Put on oem back and I've gone 34 to 32 in about the same time with screen on. The

nespid

Oct 21, 2008
Kearny, NJ
Ok, day 2 with s view cover and battery drain isn't seeming to be an issue. Not sure what to think of it.

nespid

Oct 21, 2008
Kearny, NJ
I ran battery stats pro and better battery stats and they both found an app "mobile tracker" to be draining battery.

I got paranoid and did factory reset. Seems to be okay now and battery drain was not related to s view cover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

jdh10475

Aug 16, 2010
Austin
I have the s-view and I also noticed battery drain. I have only had it a day so time will tell if it continues.

Reactions: wudien

fonsohalbert

Apr 10, 2012
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
I also noticed my battery is draining pretty fast since i got the s view cover :/ I'm not sure what to do, i don't want to master reset my device and I'm not rooted (I miss TiBu) :(

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
I have had the S view cover for months ,,,no drain ..I get 4 days off charge.,,,,

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

jonro99

Jan 2, 2013
Inverness
My s view original Samsung case exhibits very strange behaviour, when I plug in my charger the s view comes on for 5s then off then on for 5s then off and repeats until either I open the cover or unplug, then when cover closed again it goes through sane cycle, plus I too have massive battery drain - it is the wireless charging cover

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
Returned mine after the first day. It let's a little light in and screen will come on, thus draining the battery. It's junk until it gets broken in so it stays closed. Even then though it still won't stay closed enough to stop the screen from coming on randomly.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

MarcoaPollo

Jun 13, 2014
YES!

YES it is the s view ive gotten my note 3, on the first day the battery was AMAZING it lasted the whole day with the s view. But then the next day came and it started dropping, i asked my friends (they have the note 3) and they said theirs lasted sometimes 2 days!

lawalty

May 16, 2008
Returned mine after the first day. It let's a little light in and screen will come on, thus draining the battery. It's junk until it gets broken in so it stays closed. Even then though it still won't stay closed enough to stop the screen from coming on randomly.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
I purchased the s-view cover that supports wireless charging. I went all out and purchased one of those hardened "real glass" screen protctors, and reading up about how the s-view doesn't quite close all the way, I also got one of those small magnetic clips that attaches really NICE to my s-view cover.

I'm telling you guys, it's the BOMB! I never ever need to actually plug my phone in anymore. I just set it on its wireless charging pad every night. The cover always stays closed, and since it's an official one, I just simply open it to turn on my phone.

never really notice any battery drain though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the s-view and I also noticed battery drain. I have only had it a day so time will tell if it continues.