[Q] Soft reboot when turning on USB storage

Search This thread

Vinnl

Jan 13, 2014
Has any one else experienced the issue that the Fairphone performs a soft reboot when turning on USB storage, effectively making it impossible to transfer files to/from your phone the normal way? I have disabled the mood background, so that can't be it...

As a workaround, for now I'm transferring files through adb, but that's far from ideal.

palmbeef

Apr 2, 2014
Has any one else experienced the issue that the Fairphone performs a soft reboot when turning on USB storage, effectively making it impossible to transfer files to/from your phone the normal way? I have disabled the mood background, so that can't be it...

As a workaround, for now I'm transferring files through adb, but that's far from ideal.

Same problem here. Today I recognized that there is no connection via USB possible anymore. Didn't use this function for some days but always I try right now it leads to softreboot. Still using 1.1 Caju.

boondiordna

Jan 23, 2014
Reproducible. Possible workaround:

Yes, this is reproducible.

What works for me: turning on USB debugging, turning of XPrivacy and GravityBox, re-initialise XPosed framework, hard-reboot.

I figured it might have something to do with XPrivacy, but I'm not able to do further research at the moment.

I also got no time to edit the Wiki - could someone please do that? If you've got an account here, you can edit the wiki, folks! If you do, could you consider adding info on this thread for faster A-GPS locks?

/backtowork

Vinnl

Jan 13, 2014
Yes, this is reproducible.

What works for me: turning on USB debugging, turning of XPrivacy and GravityBox, re-initialise XPosed framework, hard-reboot.

I figured it might have something to do with XPrivacy, but I'm not able to do further research at the moment.

I also got no time to edit the Wiki - could someone please do that? If you've got an account here, you can edit the wiki, folks! If you do, could you consider adding info on this thread for faster A-GPS locks?

/backtowork

Since there's no real solution yet, what should we put on the wiki and where? Here?

Since I use XPrivacy and GravityBox as well, it might be related to (one of) those. Another partial workaround I have is to connect the phone to my computer, then in the notification drawer touch "Touch for other USB options", and then select either "Media device (MTP)" or "Camera (PTP)" as opposed to the default "USB storage". This will only be useful when you want to transfer media (audio, pictures, videos, ...) to and from your device though...