[ROM] MIUI 2.2.24 u8800pro / u8800+ (updated)

Search This thread

pikachukaki

Jan 27, 2012
Thessaloníki, Greece
Hi im using 2.3.5geno4v can i install this over it??and did all functions work??fm radio etc??thanks!!

Soz i didn't see the fm not working at 1st post!!

Last edited:

MyNameIsKappa

Jan 10, 2012
Siena
Help!

Hi guys!

I have a huge problem. Last week I updated to 2.3.5 official ROM and I totally forgot to back up the new ROM. Now, I've installed MIUI and I have the bootloop error. :( I put the SD card in my PC and I copied the old MIUI 2.1.20, but when I boot in recovery and press "Install zip from sdcard" it says: E:Can't open /sdcard/MIUIus:2.2.20_8800.zip(bad) Installation aborted.

I cannot boot in the phone, so please, help me!
I've wiped all user data, cache and Dalvik cache. I can still get into pink screen mode, does that help me anyhow? I'm useing CWM-based recovery v5.0.2.7

HELP! :'(

adomixaszvers

Feb 9, 2012
Hello, I've upgraded CWM to 5.0.2.7 and it still doesn't work. Error is the same

Code:
assert failed getprop("ro.product.device") == "U8800Pro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "U8800Pro" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "U8800Pro")
E: Error in /sdcard/miui.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Any other thoughts?

UPDATE: I have successfully installer Genkolar's Cyanogen 7. After first install I've stucket at Cyano bootloader animation, but then I cleared cache and restarted phone. After that OS booted normally. I still want to use MIUI, what should I try?

Unzip the archive. Find MIUI_u8800pro_2.2.24.25\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script. Open it with a text editor and comment
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8800pro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8800pro" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8800pro");
that it looks like this
Code:
[B]#[/B]assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8800pro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8800pro" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8800pro");
. And zip the contents.

s4k1s

Feb 29, 2012
Patras
Hi.. I'm new to the forum and also to the whole "android modding" subject. I'd like to ask.. Does this ROM require root access to install?

Last edited:

bobsido

Jul 28, 2008
Novosibirsk
You need CWM-based recovery v5.0.27, install under it. After installation you phone will be rooted, nothing needed.

Sent from my u8800pro using xda premium

s4k1s

Feb 29, 2012
Patras
Is it possible to roll back to an unrooted state afterwards? e.g if I uninstall cwm recovery? Or is there any other way?

s4k1s

Feb 29, 2012
Patras
Problem!

So.. I hate to start this post that way.. but I have no backups in my external SD card at all, just the .zip file of MIUI 2.2.24 in my internal SD card. After upgrading to this version of MIUI ,through CWM 5.0.2.7, from 2.3.5 official I got stuck at the boot screen. The other problem is that the CWM recognizes an SD card and an internal card that both have the same contents as my internal card, so i really don't see the contents of my external SD card. So I can't put anything in my external SD to flash my phone and now that the phone is not working I cannot access the internal SD either.. What should I do?

bobsido

Jul 28, 2008
Novosibirsk
So.. I hate to start this post that way.. but I have no backups in my external SD card at all, just the .zip file of MIUI 2.2.24 in my internal SD card. After upgrading to this version of MIUI ,through CWM 5.0.2.7, from 2.3.5 official I got stuck at the boot screen. The other problem is that the CWM recognizes an SD card and an internal card that both have the same contents as my internal card, so i really don't see the contents of my external SD card. So I can't put anything in my external SD to flash my phone and now that the phone is not working I cannot access the internal SD either.. What should I do?

you even read the previous posts? black and white that has been written that you first need to install MIUI 2.1.20, and after that flash 2.2.24 over it! Use for it external SD. Download 2.1.20, make wipe, flash it, when done go to CWM and flash 2.2.40.

TUPAC_RIP

Feb 19, 2012
Athens

You should flash the official 2.3.5 (512) by putting the dload folder in your external sd with a card reader. After that you can do whatever you want. (Αν θελεις λεπτομεριες στειλε μου pm.)

s4k1s

Feb 29, 2012
Patras
Thanks everyone for your help. I've already found the solution, which was the one Tupac mentioned later. I think I'll stay with 2.3.5 official, sicnce there were many things malfunctioning with MIUI including: music app frequently crushing, market not working, .avi and .wmv playback not working and much chinese and russian language throughout the phone despite translation..
Thanks.

Last edited:

marcolnx

Jan 27, 2012
Someone can tell me if shootme app work for screenshot? Only we can take from terminal emulator? Thanks

Sent from my u8800pro using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI 2.2.24 for Huawei u8800pro / u8800+

Feature List:
    • Based on: Chinese ROM, Kernel of genokolar
    • Kernel: max CPU acceleration 2 GHz, SmartassV2, BFQ IO, TUN / CIFS / SWAP / ZRAM, EXT4 fs
    • Integrated:
      Unlocked limit FPS
      Additions of KDG
      Theme with Icons
      Animations 4.0 ICS
      4 Way Reboot
      Volume+
      Extended Settings
      EndCall on Power button
      MI-Button
      Camera on Search Button
      GApps
      x5settings
    • Languages: English, Russian, Chinese (Russian default)
    • Not working: FM Radio, standart screenshot
    Download:
    Installation:
    1. Upgrade to official 2.3.5 release from Huawei.
    2. Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Phone.
    3. Apply *.zip package through ClockworkMod Recovery!
    Upgrade from previous version MIUI can not wipe. Do not forget to Backup!

• Daene for improved this Post
    • Hay for porting ROM
    FAQ:
    • Change language to English: Settings > Система > Язык и клавиатура > Язык телефона > English
    MIUI 2.1.20

Based on Chinese ROM

The kernel of genokolar: maximum acceleration 2Ghz, samartassV2, BFQ IO, TUN / CIFS / SWAP / ZRAM, EXT4 fs

Limiting FPS unlocked

Integrated: additions of KDG, image enhancement Sony Bravia, sound enhancement Sony XLoud, theme with icons

Addons: 4 way reboot, Volume +, Extended settings

Market and light work

Backlight button now works correctly

not work: Radio, TV-OUT

Languages: English, Russian, Chinese (Russian default)

Change to English:
    Settings - Система - Язык и клавиатура - Язык телефона - English

Updated from a previous version MIUI can not wipe. Do not forget to back up!

Download: avangardg.ru/miui/MIUI_U8800pro_2.1.20.21.zip

Sorry for my bad English. I write with a dictionary :)

NB You want me to continue to post my firmware?

Yes, please still continue to post your firmware =)
    We need an active developer like you, you are the only one who makes port for the u8800pro now

Thank you so much

P.s. I noticed that in the ROM some things are still in Chinese language
    FM radio not working yet....
    It seams that this ROM has LogCat disabled in the kernel :(

Can it be enabled somehow?
    updated

Rom updated to 2.2.24