accidentally let it update to 4.3, how do I root my phone now?

Search This thread

youphone

Jan 22, 2014
I think I might have accidentally let my VZW Note II accidentally update to 4.3. (although I swear that it did it by itself without my permission. or it that not possible? I have denied it for a long time)

Anyway, what are the chances of rooting the phone now? :( How do I root it?

Thanks!

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
that was me, i compiled the 1.33.00.11 too, and flashed it to my hermes.
but dutty, you compiled the 1.31.00.11 :p

Saferoot.. search it in the forums.. just a reminder bc A LOT have people been doing this.. Rooting your phone does NOT allow you to install custom recoveries or Roms. .so please don't make that mistake of thinking you can flash something;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

OffTheChainz

Feb 23, 2014
Florida
I think I might have accidentally let my VZW Note II accidentally update to 4.3. (although I swear that it did it by itself without my permission. or it that not possible? I have denied it for a long time)

Anyway, re the chances of rooting the phone now? :( How do I root it?

Thanks!

Rooting can be done using Saferoot and framaroot and others.
But be advised as said previously. . This will not allow you to have a custom recovery like TWRP, Philz or CWM and install custom roms! Unless it has a unlocked bootloader. As of now theres no simple friendly way to do this anymore. Only solution is to have mobiletechvideos downgrade your chip and send it out to them for a service fee. There highly recommended on here for doing this. Hopefully a fix will be released soon as many people are working on this.

Good luck

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Anyway, what are the chances of rooting the phone now? :( How do I root it?

Thanks!

You got the answers on rooting, I would just add that yes after a period of time of you denying the update it will just do it on its own. In the future root and freeze the update program. In this case SDM 1.0

youphone

Jan 22, 2014
You got the answers on rooting, I would just add that yes after a period of time of you denying the update it will just do it on its own. In the future root and freeze the update program. In this case SDM 1.0

where can I find rooting instructions for the Verizon Note 2 with 4.3 that's guaranteed to work?

thanks!

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
link to saferoot

where can I find rooting instructions for the Verizon Note 2 with 4.3 that's guaranteed to work?

thanks!

XDA developer h311sdr0id made a post a while back to help out with rooting the sch-i605 on 4.3. You can find his post here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2608827

I'm still on 4.1.2, so I haven't had to use it yet, but this seems to be the method that a lot of other people are using to root their devices on 4.3.

Thanks to k1mu for posting the root method and h311sdr0id for pointing it out for the Note 2.

Good luck! :)

HerroMoto

Jun 15, 2010
I successfully rooted using saferoot. So simple and easy just installed a zip on my computer and ran the bat file and that was it. You can Google it to find it. It took 2 minutes

youphone

Jan 22, 2014
I successfully rooted using saferoot. So simple and easy just installed a zip on my computer and ran the bat file and that was it. You can Google it to find it. It took 2 minutes

I think I must have read too many threads and got confused. :)

After using Saferoot, I was able to root in less than 5 minutes.

The only problem now is that I have no idea why I want or need root at all. Are there any interesting apps that require root? :D

HerroMoto

Jun 15, 2010

You can use titanium backup and restore apps. You can also download xposed framework and there are some random mods with that and you can also disable ads with ad blockers. Honestly that's pretty much all I use it for. I'm pretty upset this happened to me. In really hoping that the devs are continuing to work on safe strap for our phones so we can at least install other tw roms