[July 24th] [Sense 3.5] Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ Sense 3.5 build that just works!

Search This thread

SatScan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 29, 2005
Comes and go as stardust
He There,

Do a search... many fixes around here ... try them...

G-sensor off ??? try... :p

Grtz,

Don't know what is the issue but all the time it will go to sleep on death which really irritates me, I do format my SD card and flash the Energy rom which is given in the zip file, after copying and running the Android as per the instructions I get the same.. :mad:

Sorry for being late to reply, but I forgot to mention that the original FroyoStone rom does not have any stock phone ringtones or notification ringtones. You have to download a zip of a folder called media and put it on the sdcard.

Here's what it says for the original ROM:

If you do not get any notifcation sounds, download this: http://gamesquare.co.uk/media.zip (COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR WEB BROWSER, it won't work otherwise)
Extract the media folder to the Android folder on your SD card. Then boot android again and it should work

Sorry for my late response thank you very much that was the ticket.

Mahmoud Moussa

Dec 17, 2008
Port Said,Port Foad
Hi,,
the ringtones not working olso on my device, i will wate for solution,,
but the main problem for me that my languages is Arabic,and the letters, is separate letters not a compleet word for Ex in Arabic,,the word Egypt like this (م ص ر ) but it must be like this ( مصر )
i think you got what i mean
thanks

Miksica

Oct 24, 2009
Help!

I got problem, couse sometimes my device reset and it get back on WM mode, + when u do hard reset it comes to WM again... + android is fully instaled on sd card... is that normal or there is any way so i can install it on device memory? couse like this is not working so good.... :confused:

jaxouk

Mar 16, 2009
Belfast
@ Energy

Thanks for the first usuable every day android port Energy (well, Its the first for me at least)
The work you have put into this is appreciated!

The download took forever though and that why I am writing this... We have our own site hosted in the uk and if you want we are willing to host this for you.... Just a thought as my own download took almost an hour from hotfile.

Once again thank you for the excellent rom !! :D:D

jaxouk

Mar 16, 2009
Belfast
No ringtones

For those having problems with ringtones.....

Transfare your own tune to the device
Download sharetones from the marketplace
Load it sharetones up and find the tune
select make your own - (make your own ringtone and when finished select SET AS DEFAULT RINGTONE)
worked for me ...........

dantexperia

May 31, 2010
Rosario
Hi! great community, need you help!, i have one doubt about this android rom, how installing in my xperia x1?, I'm from Argentina, need install other radio? or directly copying this android in my SD card, execute from here well right ok? running haret.exe?.. I have installed this rom: "Energy.XPERIA.21905.Sense2.5.Jun.18" and android: "fatsal-xperoid-20100221" and this radio: "Imported_Xperia_Radio_ 1_17_25_09".. thanks for accept me in your great family "xda", it's a honor for me.. cheers!

gwbard

Hi! great community, need you help!, i have one doubt about this android rom, how installing in my xperia x1?, I'm from Argentina, need install other radio? or directly copying this android in my SD card, execute from here well right ok? running haret.exe?.. I have installed this rom: "Energy.XPERIA.21905.Sense2.5.Jun.18" and android: "fatsal-xperoid-20100221" and this radio: "Imported_Xperia_Radio_ 1_17_25_09".. thanks for accept me in your great family "xda", it's a honor for me.. cheers!
You are in the wrong thread -- go to the <XPERIA> thread and post your questions there.
This thread is for the HTC HD2 -- ROMs and Radios are NOT compatible between different devices!

mjspde

Sep 3, 2006
Issues on Sept. 4th Release

I found this ROM over a week ago, and just wanted to provide my experience with it so far.

1. Stable and works great, I initially had Screen of Death issues, but I implemented the fixes here and those were resolved relatively quickly.

2. Have not tested Wifi or did the Wifi fix yet as I don't use it much.

3. The 3G/Edge connection is not as stable as the Windows Mobile side. I constantly have no connection then it finds a tower, has not prevented me from making any calls. But on several occasions data service was in and out while browsing which made it slow.

4. Some apps from the Android Market will not install because they won't install on the SD card and will only work on the internal memory which means I can't use them. Not a complaint, just a resolution to anyone wondering why their apps won't install from the market.

5. The ring tone issue is easy to fix, not sure why people are having so many issues with it. I just made a directory called ringtones on the SD Card and put some mp3's in there and bam they worked.

6. Oh I also have the low call volume issue which I have not figured out yet. Anyone know how to fix that or is it a known issue.

Overall this is stable and useable everyday, I am hoping in the next build the 3G/Edge gets better as that is the only thing holding this ROM back.

Last edited:

CGCR

Apr 13, 2010
Alright, I've tested it out. It seems to be the best Android rom I've tried so far. (I haven't tried many) Only thing I found that was an issue was the calling. When I call or someone calls me I can hear them fine, (their voice is a bit lower than WM) but when I put them on speaker they sound broken and robotic and when I take them off speaker they still sound like that. Only way I get good call sound is if I don't do that.

Songs and sound files on the SD are sped up when played on the Rom, but that incredibly, but there is a difference nonetheless.

So far that seems to be it, I lose T-Mo service here and there but that's cause I haven't put the access point in yet.

I've only had the Sleep of Death once, but just removed battery ASAP and have had 2-3 freezes. Still good though

Anyone know if there is a fix for the call sound or the sped up sound issue?

Thanks, Best regards.

Bobbe77NL

Nov 9, 2008
Angry Birds!?

Iám getting angy, because i can't getting Angry Birds to installed!?
Someone have the same problem and getting angry also :)
Thx!

Azerox

Jan 26, 2010
Groningen
Is there a way i can use the energy wm6.5 and this energy android rom in a loader, so on start i can choose wich OS i want to run?

Hope you keep updating this, i love this possibility

Mark5

Jan 9, 2007
Redmi Note 9 Pro
4. Some apps from the Android Market will not install because they won't install on the SD card and will only work on the internal memory which means I can't use them. Not a complaint, just a resolution to anyone wondering why their apps won't install from the market....

You can unmount your SD card, install the app, remount your SD card and you should be fine :)

Mk4Dub

May 1, 2010
El Paso, Tx
Energy addicted!

Just gotta say I really love NRG roms! addicted to them officially. Running Energy.Leo.23138.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.13, and Energy.FroyostoneV2.HD2.Desire.Android.Sep.4..... Con't complain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New%20Short%20Lineup%20%2828%25%29%20-%20HTC%20HD2%20Sense%203.5%20NAND.png

Welcome to the "Energy" ROM thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC HD2 !

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

ROM Features

• Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
    • Rosie transparency... modded
    • Blue overscroll
    • Blue highlights instead of green
    • Deodexed, zipaligned, tweaked
    • Extra Quick Settings
    • Improved SD card read ahead
    • Busybox + runparts, TitaniumBackup
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipaligns apk's at boot
    • A few HTC Apps removed, like HTC Navigation and some widgets
    • A lot of junk removed
    • clK and MAGLDR supported in ROM ZIP file
    • TMOUS or EU model supported in ROM ZIP file
    • Updated hosts file for ad removal
    • RCMix Tweaks built in!
    • Dr Dre beats support as well as the normal Dolby, SRS and EQ support !
    • A lot more stuff... check the changelog below
    • Fast... Stable.. and GREAT battery life

Please visit this thread for all your questions and answers about this ROM, especially if you can't post here yet!

Please setup a 380MB system partition to use this ROM, on TMOUS handsets.

If you have an EU HD2 (not Tmobile) have a 1Gb ext(2 or 3) partition ready on your SD card and choose the "EU" option when prompted during installation.

Screenshots of the Runnymede Sense 3.5 build

screenshot_2012-07-16_14-51-43.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-51-54.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-52-08.png

screenshot_2012-07-16_14-52-28.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-52-47.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-53-48.png

screenshot_2012-07-16_14-54-11.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-54-26.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-54-39.png

Downloads and Changelog

• New Kernel from marc version 0.2.3+
    • Fixed SRS sound processing in HTC Music
    • Fixed Robo voice issues (maybe!)
    • GREATLY improved camera recording quality in 480p
    • Increased amount of RAM available
    • Unique MAC address for Wifi (the original mac of your device)
    • Fixed wifi tethering (through external app)
    • Increased sound volume during calls
    • DSP manager still in

• Added touch screen Aroma ROM installer + touch screen file manager in recovery
    • Fixed display of ROM build date
    • Changed a few more framework graphics
    • Fixed playback of WMA and other file formats supported

• Fixed 480p recording with Sense Camera. Now using hardware MPEG4 acceleration.
    • Changed minimum sleep CPU speed to 128Mhz to improve battery life in standby

• Fixed CLK Data issues (stupid build.prop issue)
    • Enabled Smooth Scrolling Mod by disabling scrollingcache in framework
    • Changed CPU governor to SmartassV2 for better battery life
    • Removed OC Daemon and I recommend leaving it off and let the kernel handle that job
    • Added Sense 4 style keyboard
    • Optional Sense 4 clock widget
    • Fixed Polaris Office app
    • Fixed and enabled option to toggle 4G/H icon (default to H now)

• Added swipe to dismiss on notification manager
    • Cosmetic changes to notification manager
    • Fix tabs white text not easily readable
    • New framework graphics for a more consistent/professional look

• SD Card read ahead buffer values optimized
    • Nice DSP manager with more options
      biggrin.gif
    • Sense 4 graphics elements throughout ROM (more to be done...)
    • Revised Tweaks application (mainly remove stuff that didnt work due to RCTeam's taking their addons server down)
    • Black Sense 4 style dialer !
    • Chainfire's SuperSU instead of Superuser for root access..
    • Updated all apps and apks to current releases

• Major graphics rework throughout ROM (more color... some ICS theming... more black/blue)
    • Sense 4.0 ringtones/volume sounds
    • Small framework tweaks

March 15th, 2012 (3.15.2012.SensationXL)

• Marc's new 0.2.0 kernel is in !
    • andrev_oc daemon settings slightly tweaked for new kernel
    • Updated all apps and apks to current releases
    • Major graphics rework throughout ROM (more color... some ICS theming... more black/blue)
    • Sense 4.0 ringtones/volume sounds
    • Faster camera
    • Small framework tweaks
    • ENJOY! :)

------
    Trimmed !
    ------

• Initial release

Download here

Credits:

- Thread graphics, screenshots made by George McKinnis Jr.! Thanks buddy!
    - to LeeDroid, birgertime, baadnewz, Sergio for great ideas
    - dsixda for his amazing kitchen
    - flemming for his M10Tools
    - brut.all for the apktool
    - langthang for always being a Pioneer!
    - And all other great devs that share their work for free!
    Flashing instructions

Advanced Users:

For the SDEXT version, you need a CWM layout of 5/200/5. If your phone doesn't boot, try a higher than 200 partition.

For the regular version, you need a system partition of 380 MBs.

Begginers:

Follow the instructions below to flash the ROM for the first time.. if you're coming from a Windows Mobile based HD2. It's recommend to have your SDCARD ready with my ROM loaded on it already.

1. Download and install MAGLOADER.

Download and unpack MAGLDR1.13 from (http://nrgz28.sylvester20007.com/HD2Tools/DFT_LEO_MAGLDR113_DAF.rar)

Once downloaded unpack the MAGLDR package with your favorite tool. WinRAR or 7zip recommended. Go to the folder where you unpacked the MAGLDR package and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe. Check the checkmarks and hit next to flash, just like you would flash a Windows Mobile ROM.

The phone will reboot and go to the multi colored bootloader screen. After the flash is complete it will reboot and go IN to the MAGLDR. You'll see a text menu with 12 options. Go to Option 5 (USB Flasher) and hit the Green Send key on your device. It will put MAGLDR in flasher mode and wait for a USB connection. Let it sit on this screen for now...

2. Setup system partition and install Clockworkmod recovery

Download the HD2Toolkit. You can click here to get it > http://nrgz28.sylvester20007.com/HD2Tools/hd2_toolkit_setup.exe (original thread at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1090783 )

Run the installer and install it. Now, after you open the HD2 Android Nand Toolkit, it will look like the screenshot at the bottom of this post.

Now... if you have TMobile USA phone (with green/red buttons at the bottom) then choose a custom partition size and just click Repartition in the bottom left corner. After that.. input 380 for size.

If... you have a device with all white buttons at the bottom (an european/asian model) then choose Custom on the left hand side and input 200 in the box that pops up after you hit Partition.

Now you get a green "DFT" screen.

Hit Next until it asks you to put the phone in USB Flasher mode. The phone should already be in USB Flasher mode from step one. The progress bar will go back and forth while the phone is being setup. Hit Finish when it's done.

The phone will reboot on its own and go back to the main Magloader screen with all the options.

3. Flashing the Energy ROM

Now pick Option 8 and go to "AD Recovery". Magloader will load the ClockworkMod Recovery where you can flash your ROM. This is the place to go when flashing future ROM updates or "patches". To get to this screen after you load a ROM, you have to keep the Power key pressed down as you turn the phone on. You don't have to do that now, however.

Now I assume you have my ROM on the sdcard already. If not, take it out and transfer it through your computer or card reader.... and plug it back in to the phone.

If you have a TMobile USA phone, you can skip this section and go straight to installing the ROM below... If you have the euro/asian model continue to read.
    Go to the Advanced menu and pick Partition SD Card. Pick a size of 1024M and let it do its thing. Make sure it doesn't error out. If it didn't, continue to flash the ROM below... Make sure to copy the ROM zip back to the SD card by using the "mount USB storage" feature of the recovery.

Go to
    "Install Zip from sdcard" in the menu options and hit the Send key. Then choose "choose zip from sdcard" using the volume keys on the side and hit the Send
    key again. Pick my ROM from the list and hit the Send key again. Pick "No", hit Send. Now the ROM is flashing...

When it's done, hit the Back key. "Reboot system now" is selected. Just hit the Send key to reboot the phone and boot the ROM !

4. Booting up Android for the first time

The phone should now be rebooting and the Magloader screen will briefly show up....
    Towards the bottom the words Go! GO! GO! will show and then you'll see the NRG logo which means the kernel is booting up. Wait a few minutes and the phone will
    be ready to play with...

5. Enjoy your new operating system !
    FAQ and compilation of useful posts

If you would like to regain the ability to end a call when pushing the red hardware button look at the post below and flash the appropriate file

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18922016&postcount=3780