[Q] HTC one X yellow spot (tint) display issue, any one find?

Search This thread

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
Just saw some photo taken in HTC shop of demo phone that indicate One X has some yellow spot (tint) display issue.

I would like those who have gotten the phone already to have a check and give us input does it happen to you or not.

The recent yellow spot issue is serious problem for latest Sony Xperia S phone.

Hope it can help to understand is it common or just rare.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 10,412
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 10,094

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
interesting i will definitely keep this in mind when i pick my unit since i'm buying it from retail

Yes, some people give up Sony Xperia S(LT26i)because of the yellow spot issue. I really do not want it happen to One X. The issue for Sony is detected by user after 1 or 2 weeks usage, in some case is when phone get warm(like charging) or play heavy game after a while.

So if One X user can test it under charging status with full white screen may can more effective to confirm.

Rumors said One X screen provider is Sony. If it is true even the technique of it is different than LT26i screen but still may have some common issue behind.

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
Not a screenshot dummy.
It's the SLCD2 Panel itself...
So take a pic of the actual phone and white background.

Oh...so you are talking about your drool dripped screen yellow marks ?:mad: Then I don't have any coz I dont drool on my phones...maybe check yours if u get it ....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

engwee

Feb 16, 2011
Oh...so you are talking about your drool dripped screen yellow marks ?:mad: Then I don't have any coz I dont drool on my phones...maybe check yours if u get it ....

you didn't get it..
if you crack your screen and make a screenshot you won't see the cracks there

l3ft3r1s

Mar 24, 2008
Athens

The screenshot just shows what you are supposed to see.
The problem is in what you actually see on the screen itself.

mr.r9

Oct 8, 2006
To avoid any confusion, please take a physical photo of the screen in a dim room, not a screen shot.
There. Solved. Please do not fight. :p

pikubik

Mar 27, 2010
:mad:Darn... Just got the One X from digitec (Switzerland) and it clearly shows two yellowish spots in the two bottom corners of the display. It's very visible and distracting on white background, not so much on dark background.

24inchsub

Aug 17, 2010
Isnt this the glue that holds the laminated screen onto the glass? I used to have this on my iphone4s ips display and the apple dude that served me said it would go off after using it for a slightly longer period of time and after a week or so the tint disappeared

Reactions: d33f and hamdir

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Isnt this the glue that holds the laminated screen onto the glass? I used to have this on my iphone4s ips display and the apple dude that served me said it would go off after using it for a slightly longer period of time and after a week or so the tint disappeared

thanks for this I now remember the issue when iPhone4 went out

d33f

Apr 18, 2010
Kerkrade, The Netherlands

Now that you mentioned it, i do believe this is the cause indeed.. i almost forgot about the iphone4s screen issues haha till you mentioned it :D , but that could be because i don't read much about Apple/iphones etc. and i don't have any affinity to Apple and it's products. [off-topic] To be honest i really hate Apple's mentality / their way of business

Last edited:

pikubik

Mar 27, 2010
Is it looks better now for yellow spot? Maybe can ignore if not look after it hardly?

It kind of looks as if they got weaker over the last two days of usage. Could be my wishful thinking, though. With white background, the spots (still) are noticeable and distracting. It's like with dead pixels: once you've discovered them, you can't ignore them anymore...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not in the one I have
    3e8f9886-b78d-5027.jpg

Not a screenshot dummy.
    It's the SLCD2 Panel itself...
    So take a pic of the actual phone and white background.
    Just saw some photo taken in HTC shop of demo phone that indicate One X has some yellow spot (tint) display issue.

I would like those who have gotten the phone already to have a check and give us input does it happen to you or not.

The recent yellow spot issue is serious problem for latest Sony Xperia S phone.

Hope it can help to understand is it common or just rare.

Thanks!
    I don't have any of these spots. The screen is just absolutely amazing! :)
    When the yellow spots are on the side, it's most of the time glue.
    But if it's in the middle of the screen, most of the times it's the foil.
    I would get a replacer if i were you!
    Not in the one I have
    3e8f9886-b78d-5027.jpg