Battery life for 4.2.2

Search This thread

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014
My battery used to last for 2days on normal useage (without playing games) when am still running on 4.0.4 but after updating to 4.2.2, it drains so quickly that it won't last upto 6hrs without doing anything with the phone.
How can i solve this issue? I won't mind returning to 4.1 but I don't want to go back to 4.0.
Can custom rom solve the problem?
i don't mind any version of the custom rom.

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
My battery used to last for 2days on normal useage (without playing games) when am still running on 4.0.4 but after updating to 4.2.2, it drains so quickly that it won't last upto 6hrs without doing anything with the phone.
How can i solve this issue? I won't mind returning to 4.1 but I don't want to go back to 4.0.
Can custom rom solve the problem?
i don't mind any version of the custom rom.

You're referring to AOSP rom or sense-based rom?
If you're running sense based roms, take a pick at what you want than use xm's kernel and if its AOSP rom, the battery life should't be that bad since I lasted 2 days with both types or rom.

Have you taken a look at your wakelocks?
They could be the cause of the issue...

What about location settings in settings and google play services settings?
Turn them off and for google play services settings, turn off location and remote wiping of device or locating the device and your battery should be fine :)

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014
You're referring to AOSP rom or sense-based rom?
If you're running sense based roms, take a pick at what you want than use xm's kernel and if its AOSP rom, the battery life should't be that bad since I lasted 2 days with both types or rom.

Have you taken a look at your wakelocks?
They could be the cause of the issue...

What about location settings in settings and google play services settings?
Turn them off and for google play services settings, turn off location and remote wiping of device or locating the device and your battery should be fine :)

Am reffering to sense-based rom.
Am android noob, I unmarked all the boxes in location settings, is that what you are talking about? where do i turn google play location off and how do i go about the remote wiping.

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
Am reffering to sense-based rom.
Am android noob, I unmarked all the boxes in location settings, is that what you are talking about? where do i turn google play location off and how do i go about the remote wiping.

Go to Google settings (google play services) >
location and turn it off. Than go to android device manager within gogle settings than untick all options

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
You have to install a sense 4.1 custom rom. That's the easiest way, it has to be based on 3.18 software or a bit higher like 3.20....otherwise the touchscreen won't work.

So you can try for instance

Viper x 3.8.0
Mike's stock rom 3.20.401

These are examples so you know what to look for.