[RELEASE] Froyo DXJPA one-step flash package

Search This thread

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
Okay people, its done!

This is the procedure and firmware package for a single-step flash to DXJPA using Odin:

http://touristinparadise.blogspot.com/2010/11/samsung-galaxy-s-how-to-install-froyo.html

If you flash using that procedure, you should get a 'stock' DXJPA phone will all DX-series CSCs. Unfortunately, it *will* do a factory reset / wipe data.

DXJPA is the official Froyo for the Southeast Asian region: Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines.

DXJPA is tricky because it really needs PIT 513 (it's the only ROM, as far as I know), probably because the /system partition size needs to be very big for the carrier customizations.

I've basically combined the missing parts from DXJPA with the files from the original DXJG4 and used the correct PIT.

Last edited:
Reactions: alvinz

g00ndu

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Bro, thanks. now downloading from multiupload site. going to try flashing directly through odin1.7 with pit513 directly and will report back to see if successful or not.

btw, time to change your signature? :D

p/s: is it okay to use your k7 kernel on this rom?

edit: looking at the downloaded file from Richtofen, the modem.bin is missing. hmm....

edit2: after reviewing, i am using your package to flash. :D

Last edited:

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
No bro, you should use my download link. All the other packages have the wrong dbdata and the CSC wont work properly - unless u do the 2 step from DXJG4 to DXJPA.

danzgrace

Sep 30, 2009
Hey bro. Did you find any significant changes between this ROM compare to ADJP5 like does it work better with your kernel? Just curious.

Thanks!

g00ndu

Apr 22, 2008
No bro, you should use my download link. All the other packages have the wrong dbdata and the CSC wont work properly - unless u do the 2 step from DXJG4 to DXJPA.
yeah, i notice a huge difference in the dbdata.rfs as well as the cache.rfs. The cache.rfs should be containing all the bloatware apps i presume.

now flashing, almost done now.

give me sometime, and i will do the batterymod if anyone is interested. :D

g00ndu

Apr 22, 2008
hmm, seems to get stuck at bootup screen, but no black screen yet. will wait a bit longer, and get into recovery to wipe cache, do a factory reset.

edit: just booted up. haha...

s88

Nov 27, 2009
need a fast server

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

sunwee

May 8, 2009
hardcore, posted this in the other thread. posting here again:-

is it possible to convert this to cwm package (like how doc rambone does with his jpa/jpo roms) so that it can be flashed without wiping out all the data and settings?

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
need a fast server

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.
Is that error from blogspot, or from Google Docs?

BTW, please let me know if you can't download the file. Google Docs should be super fast but I'm not sure if they'll block it after a while...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think its time for Richtofen to work his magic & convert this to a middle package.
    It is *already* a middle package...
    Okay people, its done!

This is the procedure and firmware package for a single-step flash to DXJPA using Odin:

http://touristinparadise.blogspot.com/2010/11/samsung-galaxy-s-how-to-install-froyo.html

If you flash using that procedure, you should get a 'stock' DXJPA phone will all DX-series CSCs. Unfortunately, it *will* do a factory reset / wipe data.

DXJPA is the official Froyo for the Southeast Asian region: Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines.

DXJPA is tricky because it really needs PIT 513 (it's the only ROM, as far as I know), probably because the /system partition size needs to be very big for the carrier customizations.

I've basically combined the missing parts from DXJPA with the files from the original DXJG4 and used the correct PIT.
    anyone here managed to install CWM on DXJPA?
    hardcore's kernel (source from sztupy) has the cwm in it, where u can do a nandroid backup.

in fact, this is the best recovery menu i have.

Ok cool! Here's the DXJPA swype update zip for people who want the Bahasa Indonesia/Malay language on another firmware.

Flash via CWM and thanks to specialex for releasing the files in a few posts earlier.