[App] NOT-VERY-INTERESTING Bar

Search This thread

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Standard Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for your device ,marriage, or social life, so don't come crying to me when something happens to one or all of them. You assume all responsibility and risk.

THIS APP IS BETA:
This is a simple app I made for the A100 semi- based off the popular HideBar app by Pieter Pareit. What this app does is allow you to use the capacitive Home Button on the device (A100) to toggle the Notification Bar on/off.
HOW TO SET UP
  • Download the two files in the folder
  • Take the "gpio-keys.kl" file and move it to "/system/usr/keylayout" (make sure to make a backup of the old one before pasting)
  • Make sure permissions are set to RWXRWXRWX or at LEAST RW-R--R--
  • Now Install the downloaded APK like normal.
FILES CAN BE FOUND HERE

HOW TO USE​
The gpio-keys file basically changes the home button to act as a search button (which this beta app uses) so to use the toggle, just LONG PRESS the search button and select the toggle. The first time it will ask for root permissions. I do recommend setting it as the default app. There is no app icon.

TO DO: This app is in beta, so I need you guys to let me know any bugs you find! Besides that I plan to bypass the need to use a search button.

THANKS TOO: dima_tr for, Pieter Pareit for his HideBar App , sanixk for his tutorial on how to remap hardware keys , crossix for his continued development on this device ,aznmode for letting us all know about HideBar originally , and Acer for a great tablet

Last edited:
Reactions: eww245

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
What I get no thanks for initially posting the hidebar app? lol. Jk I dont think I was the first one to. Anyway, thanks for this. Will try it out when I get home!

joeyjojojjjjjj

Oct 11, 2011
I can't seem to get this working on my A10. I put the gpio-keys.kl file where it belongs. I installed the apk. Permissions are correct. I may be wrong but seems that the gpio-keys.kl from the download is identical to the one in my "/system/usr/keylayout"

this is the one I downloaded
key 136 SEARCH WAKE_DROPPED
key 139 MENU WAKE
key 102 HOME
key 158 BACK WAKE_DROPPED
key 116 POWER WAKE
key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE_DROPPED
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE_DROPPED

this one is my backup copy from "/system/usr/keylayout"

key 136 SEARCH WAKE_DROPPED
key 139 MENU WAKE
key 102 HOME
key 158 BACK WAKE_DROPPED
key 116 POWER WAKE
key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE_DROPPED
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE_DROPPED

am i missing something?

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Good job! it works great. There is a typo in gpio-keys.kl though, an `s` is the first char.

Thanks for letting me know, I reuploaded a fixed version. =)

Hopefully in the next couple weeks ill have a version that doesn't need an extra gpio-keys file and just uses the home button, but that looks like it takes looking into the binding and not just android.intents so with a busy life don't hold me on the time frame :p

Reactions: NoSudo

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
Thanks allot for making the app. Any known issues we should watch out for or things we should avoid doing with it enabled etc?

muskamj

Feb 19, 2008
I did find an issue with using this. I was watching a video in Netflix with my taskbar hidden and the home button worked as a search button only. The long press would not work. I had no way to exit the program without restarting my tab. Any way to fix this? I'm sure there are other apps that would have this issue as well.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Thanks allot for making the app. Any known issues we should watch out for or things we should avoid doing with it enabled etc?

Well the only issue is that at the moment this does call for the search button so any app that doesn't have a need for it won't be able to launch the app.

As for the problem above (cant multiqoute on tapatalk) that's a weird issue , but it seems like it goes along with what I said above and their is no workaround until I make the app use the home button as a "home button"

Sent from my EVO 4G

Last edited:

nunoruf

Dec 23, 2010
will you continue to work on this to make it more functional?

thanks for the hard work put in it anyway :):)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Standard Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for your device ,marriage, or social life, so don't come crying to me when something happens to one or all of them. You assume all responsibility and risk.

THIS APP IS BETA:
    This is a simple app I made for the A100 semi- based off the popular HideBar app by Pieter Pareit. What this app does is allow you to use the capacitive Home Button on the device (A100) to toggle the Notification Bar on/off.
    HOW TO SET UP
    • Download the two files in the folder
    • Take the "gpio-keys.kl" file and move it to "/system/usr/keylayout" (make sure to make a backup of the old one before pasting)
    • Make sure permissions are set to RWXRWXRWX or at LEAST RW-R--R--
    • Now Install the downloaded APK like normal.
    FILES CAN BE FOUND HERE

HOW TO USE​
    The gpio-keys file basically changes the home button to act as a search button (which this beta app uses) so to use the toggle, just LONG PRESS the search button and select the toggle. The first time it will ask for root permissions. I do recommend setting it as the default app. There is no app icon.

TO DO: This app is in beta, so I need you guys to let me know any bugs you find! Besides that I plan to bypass the need to use a search button.

THANKS TOO: dima_tr for, Pieter Pareit for his HideBar App , sanixk for his tutorial on how to remap hardware keys , crossix for his continued development on this device ,aznmode for letting us all know about HideBar originally , and Acer for a great tablet
    You have to change

key 102 HOME

to

key 102 SEARCH

:)
    Good job! it works great. There is a typo in gpio-keys.kl though, an `s` is the first char.

Thanks for letting me know, I reuploaded a fixed version. =)

Hopefully in the next couple weeks ill have a version that doesn't need an extra gpio-keys file and just uses the home button, but that looks like it takes looking into the binding and not just android.intents so with a busy life don't hold me on the time frame :p
    Yes, it would be amazing if you could find the time to update this to be ICS compatible! :)