[GUIDE] De-brand/convert the HTC 10 to WWE/US Unlocked | CID HTC__001/BS_US001

Search This thread
Yes this is good device, HTC 10 have better display, but V20 have big :D Also V20 camera is better. I love HTC, But i have not money for better HTC smartphone :(
The U11+ are so expensive but very beatiful. Hope HTC lows the price in their next flashships. Or even a Pixel ( made by HTC).

One thing I don't like from the HTC 10 is thar the screen has low brightness levels.

huszi1

Nov 17, 2012
Hi,
I did super cid on my phone, but the simple cid getter still says HTC__034
what happened?

Attachments

• cid.jpg
    cid.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 109
  • cid..jpg
    cid..jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 109

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Hi,
I did super cid on my phone, but the simple cid getter still says HTC__034
what happened?
CID Getter only reads your build.prop.
That only reflects the rom you're running and its intended CID.
Not your actual CID.
Trust what you see in Download Mode, not that app.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

huszi1

Nov 17, 2012
Thanks!
According to these, If MID of my phone is same the US unlocked model,(2PS620000) and my CID is 11111111, can I flashing the WWE RUU ZIP?

thanks a lot!

Buppy84

Dec 28, 2013
Does need radio flash.

I have debranded my sprint htc 10 by using ruu.exe. Then device failed to detect any sim. After lot of searcing I found solution. I downloaded both us unloacked & sprint rom. Then decrypted sprint ruu.exe by ruu decryption tool. Then flashed the sprint radio.img file. After this my device radio is working and detecting sim card. Now i have received notification for oreo ota update. Can anyone tell me will i need flash sprint radio.img file from sprint oreo ruu.exe again if i update to oreo via ota?

Last edited:

Buppy84

Dec 28, 2013
I have debranded my sprint htc 10 by using ruu.exe. Then device failed to detect any sim. After lot of searcing I found solution. I downloaded both us unloacked & sprint rom. Then decrypted sprint ruu.exe by ruu decryption tool. Then flashed the sprint radio.img file. After this my device radio is working and detecting sim card. Now i have received notification for oreo ota update. Can anyone tell me will i need flash sprint radio.img file from sprint oreo ruu.exe again if i update to oreo via ota?

You will need to reflash the sprint radio. You will also need to backup and flash your modemst1 and modemst2 to keep the sim slot unlocked or at least I did.

So that means I have to wait until sprint oreo ruu.exe is live to decrypt it for extracting radio.img file. Still it is not realeased in official page htc.com/us/support/htc-10-sprint/news
But us unlocked oreo is realesed htc.com/us/support/htc-10/news
I need both ruu.exe. as i bought a used htc 10 in s-off but bootloader locked condition, fastboot flash radio radio.img command doesn't work in my mobile. Instead i need to make a zip file with android.txt of us-unlocked & radio.img file of sprint. Then fastboot oem zip radio.zip work in my mobile. So may be i will have to wait for long time. Does anyone know how to stop the oreo update notification? It is regularly annoying me.

So that means I have to wait until sprint oreo ruu.exe is live to decrypt it for extracting radio.img file. Still it is not realeased in official page htc.com/us/support/htc-10-sprint/news
But us unlocked oreo is realesed htc.com/us/support/htc-10/news
I need both ruu.exe. as i bought a used htc 10 in s-off but bootloader locked condition, fastboot flash radio radio.img command doesn't work in my mobile. Instead i need to make a zip file with android.txt of us-unlocked & radio.img file of sprint. Then fastboot oem zip radio.zip work in my mobile. So may be i will have to wait for long time. Does anyone know how to stop the oreo update notification? It is regularly annoying me.

I updated to Oreo last night by OTA. I used the sprint radio from the most current RUU for sprint on HTC.com website. You do not need sprint Oreo release to do this. I used the RUU decrypt tool to get the radio image extracted from RUU. Then I flashed the modem partitions I already had saved.

I just saw the curve ball of s-off but bootloader locked. I THINK you can re-download sunshine since it is associated with a phone serial number, not an account and bootloader unlock with no monetary expenditure.

I think if you do that it will wipe your data

Edit: Sunshine now claims no-wipe on their page

Edit2: sunshine webpage says s-off locked behaves exactly the same way as s-off unlocked so nothing special required.

Last edited:

Buppy84

Dec 28, 2013
Now i have found a solution to stop ota update notification. In settings>app>updater needed to block notification. Now updater app can not show any notification to annoy me.

Reactions: ali nz

Barracuz

Jul 3, 2015
Ok i did some reading and still a tad confused. Is the 6200 and 6500 variants exactly the same? Some people say its the same, only diffrence is the firmware/rom versions used. Then ive read some posts where people have gone grom 6200 to 6500 and miss out on lte bands 2 and 4 here in the US.

I have a 6200 and I cant find any new 6500s online. So im planning on switching it to 6500 but if im gonna have problems with lte i think ill just return this phone.

FWIW i bought this phone off ebay as new and us unlocked. Seller lied and sent me 2ps6200 flashed phone, I checked in download mode. its alsu using software 2.41.400.5 which is the chinese version. The back of the phone says 6500 like the us version. I dont know if its just a us phone flashed with chinese firmware or if it a chinese phone with a diffrent case. I have a tmobile sim card in the phone right now and i can only get edge network service.

Update:

Ok so i found out the phone was already s-offed. Im guessing this is a factory unlocked US phone that was flashed with chinese software to be sold as international. This would explain why there are ZERO US unlocked phones and there are only International unlocked phones. Anyway I can get 2g now but still no 3g, 4g or lte. I guess now i can contact tmobile and see if it something on their end.

Last edited:

gtrgonchi

Jun 22, 2012
Tarija
Him guys i have an htc10 tmobile us but when i'm trying to flash RUU, error 155 don't let me continue, i've changed cid to BS_US001 and mid is 2PS650000. Can someone help me please?

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Him guys i have an htc10 tmobile us but when i'm trying to flash RUU, error 155 don't let me continue, i've changed cid to BS_US001 and mid is 2PS650000. Can someone help me please?

Are sure you are S-Off and both the CID and MID changes were successful?
Check the output of your fastboot getvar all.
Assuming they did change, which RUU are you trying to use?
If it's the .exe for US Unlocked Oreo, try the .zip version I have posted HERE a while ago within THIS THREAD instead...

Last edited:

gtrgonchi

Jun 22, 2012
Tarija
Yes, i', S-off this is the output

(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_pmewl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 1579200000
(bootloader) current-slot:
(bootloader) version-main: 2.51.617.32
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.0.U010241a@61107
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 2PS650000
(bootloader) cid: BS_US001

Thanks for your help, how is the best method to flash the file? TWRP? o fastboot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    32597367031_57c65031b1_c.jpg

Hello folks,

as for me such guides were really helpful in the past, I decided to do one on my own, to show you how to perform a full de-brand of your device. I did it with a European HTC 10, that has been branded with a specific german carrier CID, as well as SKU, to obtain a full fledged WWE version and thus receive OTA updates as soon as they hit the marked.

In many points I tried carrying together all that has been written prior to performing the de-branding. So there are in fact many things menitoned bekow which have already been written by others. Anyway I'll give the steps again in this tutorial as I think it is of importance to many that they can read the hole to do in one thread. But I advise everyone to read - at least - the threads I linked to, to understand everything in detail.

Please note that I will not accept any responsibility for possible occurring bricks. I can only confirm that this tutorial has been used by me, for my specific unit and all went successful.

32720096555_cdab9a4997_m.jpg

1. De-brand/convert to WWE using a Nandroid backup
    2. De-brand/convert to WWE using a RUU.zip
    3. De-brand/convert to US unlocked using a RUU.exe

32720096695_20e6f77aca_m.jpg
    • Knowledge of adb/fastboot
    • htc_fastboot and adb installed
    • GSM HTC 10

31908280713_49405f6951_m.jpg

• 07 RU_CID_FAIL: CID in android-info.txt does not match your phone’s CID
    • 10 RU_MODELID_FAIL: MID in android-info.txt does not match your phone’s MID
    • 12 SIGNATURE FAIL: phone expects an HTC signature and can't find one; or found a wrong one
    • 22 RU_HEADER_ERROR: something wrong with your zip; check md5 of download
    • 23 PARSING IMAGE FAIL: something wrong with the image within the zip
    • 24 ANDROID-INFO FAIL: something wrong with android-info.txt within the zip
    • 32 HEADER ERROR: the zip couldn't be read and unzipped properly; seems same as 22.
    • 33 NOT KNOWN YET: might indicate hardware failure.
    • 35 FAILED (remote: 35 RU_PARTITION_NOT_SUPPORT <PartitionName>): means you can’t flash an image in download mode, as it has to be done in bootloader mode.
    • 41 WRONG MODEL ID: means the RUU is menat for a different device
    • 42 WRONG CUSTOMER ID: means you got to swap CID first
    • 90 PRE-UPDATE FAIL: means it only flashed aboot and you have to run the process again immediately to flash all other partitions. The htc_fastboot.exe now auto-reboots on Error 90!
    • 99 UNKNOWN: usually indicates you are S-ON, but sometimes also recognizes other Security related issues.
    • 130 WRONG MODEL ID: see 41
    • 155 INDICATES DIFFERENT THINGS:
      1. the need to relock bootloader; if S-ON
      2. the RUU cannot be executed, because the software versions of ROM, Firmware and RUU aren't matching
    • 170 CHECK USB: RUU won’t run because ADB isn't working properly
    • 171 USB ERROR: happens all the time when the RUU reboots the phone to download mode. For some reason the device is losing its connection and making a RUU flash virtually impossible . There is an incompatibility between USB 3/3.1 and Fastboot/ADB, as well as an issue with Windows Device Detection on the newer Windows 10 builds.

171 USB ERROR FIX by @Sneakyghost:

How to fix RUU error 171 on Windows 10x64 easily

System: Win 10 Redstone (1607) x64 with Intel based USB3.0 and USB2.0 ports:
    1. Sync Manager from HTC Website
    2. Imported Reg-File from Post #1
    3. Reboot

31877367484_f88c9d6a33_m.jpg

@jcase for his guide and PSA thread on rooting and S-OFF for the 10 found here and here
    @Captain_Throwback for maintaining TWRP and his thread to be found here
    @Chainfire for developing and maintaining SuperSu and his thread found here
    @topjohnwu for his Stock Backups/Recovery/OTA/RUU thread, found here

Recent Changes/Additions
    1. De-brand to WWE using RUU.zip updated to 2.41.401.4

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GUIDE] De-brand/convert the HTC 10 to WWE/US Unlocked | CID HTC__001/BS_US001, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    5m4r7ph0n36uru, all named in Credits section
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: 2.4x.xxx.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.41.401.4
    Stable Release Date: 2017-03-01

Created 2017-03-11
    Last Updated 2017-06-14
    De-brand/convert to WWE using RUU.zip

32567527592_36bafaa846.jpg

1. unlock Bootloader via HTCDev (THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE AN THUS DELETE ALL DATA!)
      • go to settings > about
      • tab Build Number as long until you get an onscreen message that developer options have been unlocked
      • go to setting > developer options and check OEM Unlock as well as USB Debugging
      • go to www.htcdev.com and follow the instructions given to unlock your device
    2. flash TWRP custom recovery
      • download custom recovery at https://twrp.me
      • reboot to download mode
        Code:
        adb reboot download
      • flash recovery image
        Code:
        htc_fastboot flash recovery nameoftwrp.zip
      • boot to recovery
        • reboot to bootloader
        • reboot to recovery (ATTENTION: don’t allow TWRP to perform changes to system; load as read only)
    3. perform a Nandroid of you current boot and system image (NOT system but system image as stated)
    4. reboot to TWRP again, this time allowing changes to system
    5. flash latest SuperSU beta by @Chainfire that is to be found here
    6. perform S-OFF
      • do a full reboot of your device
      • go to setting > security and enable unknown sources
      • download SunShine from http://theroot.ninja
      • install SunShine and let it run its tests
      • achieve a SunShine license,
      • choose S-OFF/locked when prompted and let it do the job
    7. convert CID and MID
      • perform
        Code:
        htc_fastboot getvar all
        and note down your original CID and MID
      • change CID
        Code:
        htc_fastboot oem writecid HTC__001
      • change mid
        Code:
        htc_fastboot oem writemid 2PS620000
    8. flash WWE RUU to convert
      • rename RUU to 2PS6IMG.zip
      • copy 2PS6IMG.zip to root directory of SD card (currently 2.41.401.3)
      • press Power button to confirm flash of RUU
    9. flash OTA Update via in-build OTA funcionality
    10. * flash TWRP custom recovery
        Code:
        adb reboot download
      • flash recovery image
        Code:
      • reboot device

* only necessary if one wants to obtain root and have a custom recovery again.

31877367354_4278dbae6f_m.jpg

2.41.401.4 RUU.zip: AFH
    De-brand/convert to WWE using a Nandroid backup

1. unlock Bootloader via HTCDev (THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE AN THUS DELETE ALL DATA!)
      • go to settings > about
      • tab Build Number as long until you get an onscreen message that developer options have been unlocked
      • go to setting > developer options and check OEM Unlock as well as USB Debugging
      • download custom recovery at https://twrp.me
        Code:
        adb reboot download
      • flash recovery image
        Code:
      • boot to recovery
        • reboot to bootloader
        • reboot to recovery (ATTENTION: don’t allow TWRP to perform changes to system; load as read only)
    3. perform a Nandroid of you current boot and system image (NOT system but system image as stated)
    6. perform S-OFF
      • download SunShine from http://theroot.ninja
      • achieve a license and let SunShine and
      • choose S-OFF/locked when prompted and let it do the job
    7. convert to WWE
      • unzip the Nandroid provided (currently 2.41.401.3)
      • copy Nandroid to TWRP/Backup/SerialNo/Nameofbackup on your extSD
      • restore Nandroid by using TWRP > RESTORE and choosing above copied Nandroid
    8. restore /data
      • in TWRP got to WIPE and tab Format Data, as the partition has been corrupted by SunShine (see Point 6 of this guide)
    9. convert firmware
      • perform
        Code:
        htc_fastboot getvar all
      • change CID to WWE (for Europe it would be HTC__034)
        Code:
        htc_fastboot oem writecid HTC__001
      • change mid
        Code:
        htc_fastboot oem writemid 2PS620000
      • flash incremental no-Wipe WWE firmware by @Sneakyghost
        Code:
        htc_fastboot flash zip nameoffirmeware.zip
        (ATTENTION: this has to be done twice to comlete, and it will flash full firmware, thus TWRP will be replaced by stock recovery)
      • flash stock signed WWE firmware provided
        Code:
        htc_fastboot flash zip nameoffirmeware.zip
        (ATTENTION: this has to be done twice to comlete, and it will flash full firmware, thus TWRP will be replaced by stock recovery)
    10. reset verity flag
      Code:
      htc_fastboot erase devinfo
    11. * flash TWRP custom recovery
        Code:
        adb reboot download
      • flash recovery image
        Code:
      • reboot device

31877367354_4278dbae6f_m.jpg

2.41.401.3 Nandroid: AFH
    2.41.401.3 Firmware (no-Wipe by @Sneakyghost): AFH
    2.41.401.3 Firmware (stock, signed): AFH | Dropbox
    2.41.401.3 Recovery: AFH | Dropbox

• go to settings > about
      • download custom recovery at [url]https://twrp.me[/URL]
        Code:
        adb reboot download
      • flash recovery image
        Code:
      • boot to recovery
        • reboot to bootloader
    6. perform S-OFF
      • download SunShine from [url]http://theroot.ninja[/URL]
      • achieve a SunShine license,
      • choose S-OFF/locked when prompted and let SunShine do the job
    7. convert CID and MID
      • perform
        Code:
        htc_fastboot getvar all
      • change CID
        Code:
        htc_fastboot oem writecid BS_US001
      • change mid
        Code:
        htc_fastboot oem writemid 2PS650000
    8. flash US Unlocked RUU to convert
      • copy RUU.exe to desktop of you PC
      • connect the HTC 10 to PC via USB (prefferably USB 2.0)
      • run RUU.exe as administrator
    9. flash available OTA Updates via in-build OTA funcionality
    10. * flash TWRP custom recovery
        Code:
        adb reboot download
      • flash recovery image
        Code:
      • reboot device

url]

2.51.617.1 RUU.exe: htc.com
    OP Update.

Major OP update.

1. moved How-To de-brand/convert using Nandroid to post #2
    2. added How-To de-brand/convert using RUU to post #3
    3. added table of contents to post #1
    4. added further credits

Have fun everybody!

HTCNerdYoda
    <(-.-)>