[NIGHTLY][2.3.7][UPDATED 17/01] CyanogenMod 7.2 for Huawei U8150 [UNNOFFICIAL]

Would you like the text at the top or bottom of the boot animation?

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Bottom

Votes: 152 59.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

maury1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 16, 2009
Austin, Tx

Accomplishments:
-Overclocked Kernel by tilal6991
-Stripped FROYO rom
-Booting Gingerbread rom / AOSP & CYANOGEN

Dev Teams Rom V2 FROYO
Newer base! ;)
Please Update Git
Ripped (So GAPPS package will be an option)

Change Log
*ROOT
*Rom Manager, File Manager, ADW launcher
*Newer base from march
*Nexus bootscreen

Removed
*GAPPS
*Launcher2

Last edited:

devilzeye793

Jan 18, 2011
Lahore
u ppl have worked quite well on Functionality !! now u ppl need to focus on Beatufication and Cosmetic efects od the ROM as well !!

@Tilal6991
man could u plzz upload pics for ur Gingerbread THeme v2 !! u know it can be Risky to apply theme .... so I wanna atleast see whether its worth it or not !!!! plzz do that mate !!! cheers !

aceoyame

Jul 14, 2009
Hey, I was wondering what exactly I need to do to get permissions for git and also I was wondering if I could upload my barebones based on FusionIdeos 1.9 on there? I am also going to make a CM barebones as well. My barebones roms have Gingerbread animations and some other tweaks as well. I get between 4-4.33 mflop/s so far @ 600 mhz with my barebones.

rlaugh0095

Mar 13, 2011
greer
hi everyone :) we thank you for the support and for anyone who wants to develop for us, please talk to tilal. i think he is the only one that can add people to the git....not sure cause im new to the site we are doing it on. tilal should be online sometime tomorrow so be patient.

Last edited:

tj_style

May 12, 2010
Bogor
sobir.in
I'm from Indonesia and I think other developer is from around the world.
so I think if for now we will build ROM not from source, is better to use the Base ROM that have lot of language.

And how about kernel source? should we place on github? so we can colaborating to add/edit feature on kernel.

Last edited:

maury1234

Dec 16, 2009
Austin, Tx
I'm from Indonesia and I think other developer is from around the world.
so I think if for now we will build ROM not from source, is better to use the Base ROM that have lot of language.

And how about kernel source? should we place on github? so we can colaborating to add/edit feature on kernel.

GIT
Our base is Germany's retail 2.2.1
Also, kernel is already on GIT

Reactions: Maibol

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Hey, I was wondering what exactly I need to do to get permissions for git and also I was wondering if I could upload my barebones based on FusionIdeos 1.9 on there? I am also going to make a CM barebones as well. My barebones roms have Gingerbread animations and some other tweaks as well. I get between 4-4.33 mflop/s so far @ 600 mhz with my barebones.

If its a Froyo build, we'll need to try and merge it with the current froyoman branch as having two simultaneous builds will be a hassle. You should push it as a new branch - froyomanexp A CM build is already up - check if yours is any different. To get permissions just PM me your github username and I will grant you write permissions :)

Reactions: evilastharoth

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Cyanoman build is up everyone. Gingerman and Froyoman will be arriving tomorrow from me or if maury can manage it, today.

Reactions: evilastharoth

Nitemar3

Jun 10, 2010
Sydney
all i have to say is wow . thanks for the effort you guys are putting into this. great work . if u need any testers im up for it .

Noonenoz

Mar 17, 2011
I hope you don't mind if I ask some basic questions about the team's direction:

- I assume 3D is out due to lack of hardware
- I assume multi touch is out due to lack of hardware
- is there a reason not to use Fusion ROM as well or does that depend on FusionDev's involvement?
- are you looking to make 3 ROMs or are you starting out to see which direction works best, then focus on that one?
- given a few existing designs exist with good results, will this team focus on using existing code or redevelop?

I am new to this, but happy to help test when the time is right.

Looking forward to the work of the team, lots of leads out there, I'll add one to an Australian IT forum where I first found out about the U8150 and now ROM's.

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
:wow:

My head is spinning :chortle:

You guys rock :horns:

Wana help, but dont really know whats going on (at this stage) :lol:

Maybe I can be the spit and polish near the end ^^

Keep up the good work ;)

PS - Waiting for a stable version to test & give feedback on :D

Regards, King_Rat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been depreciated.

Please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456890 for the latest info and nightlies.

Accomplishments:
    -Overclocked Kernel by tilal6991
    -Stripped FROYO rom
    -Booting Gingerbread rom / AOSP & CYANOGEN

Dev Teams Rom V2 FROYO
    Newer base! ;)
    Please Update Git
    Ripped (So GAPPS package will be an option)

Change Log
    *ROOT
    *Rom Manager, File Manager, ADW launcher
    *Newer base from march
    *Nexus bootscreen

Removed
    *GAPPS
    *Launcher2
    All the changelogs and known issues are now at our new blog here!!!!!!!
    December 5th nightly (CyanogenMod 7.2)

Here's a new nightly, up to date with latest upstream CyanogenMod sources as of December 5, 2011. Also, I'm testing new libs in this build and I'd appreciate feedback. n00bs need not apply.

What's new/fixed:
    • Mounting the SD card over USB
    • Overclocking
    • Barcode Scanner works (using tilal's fix, of course)
    • ROM Manager 4.8.0.6
    • Kernel Supports ext3/ext4 (should fix link2sd problems)
    • I bet nobody read this, and will ask a million times if it supports overclocking... :)
    What's not fixed:
    • Camera still takes 2 megapixel pictures. This appears to be the maximum the U8150 camera hardware supports, information about the U8150's camera sensor. I can't explain why the stock firmware takes 3mp pictures, but it appears they're upscaling them, not taking "true" 3mp.
    • Audio is still distorted when it is very loud.

How to flash*:
    1. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 (instructions). UltraJack won't work.
    2. Do a nandroid backup from ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash update from sdcard
    5. Full reboot!
    6. Flash Google Apps from ClockworkMod Recovery (optional)

Download ROM: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-U8150-KANG-signed-dec5.zip (md5sum: 245615517569263c37364b0460425e6d)
    ClockworkMod Recovery: clockworkmod_5.0.2.7_u8150.img (md5sum: c59673d5aa926d94227857e51fbe9e2c)
    Google Apps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f)

*failure to follow instructions has been shown to result in baldness in both men AND women. Flash at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to backup your applications, settings, phone numbers, etc.

Beta testers should look out (and provide feedback) for:
    • I switched to CyanogenMod's libril, liblights, libcopybit rather than using local versions in our device tree. The reasoning was that if the local ones work as well as the CM ones, there is no need to complicate our device tree just because "it works." CyanogenMod's maintainers maintain/update the CM hardware libs, so we'll let them do it.
    • Audio. I switched to psyke83's libaudio. We are already using a local libaudio override in our device tree, but right now we're using one from tas0s U8120 build. From speaking to psyke I learned that his code is newer, and contains fixes from the CodeAurora Forum. We had tried his code before but it didn't compile because of an error in the FM-related ifdef logic. We fixed the compile bug last night and the audio seems to work no less better than the U8120 audio.

Have fun!
    January 17, 2012 Nightly

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it. ;)

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!