[Q] Remote Object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl127X-Fw-4-Plt.bin' Does Not Exist

Search This thread

deoren

Jan 2, 2014
I've followed the directions here (wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_ovation) to build CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Nook HD+ (ovation). I've gotten all the way to the point where I have to extract the proprietary blobs:

Code:
cm@cmbuildbox:~/android/system/device/bn/ovation$ ./extract-files.sh

Output from running extract-files.sh said:
Pulling hd-common files...
131 KB/s (13920 bytes in 0.103s)
3 KB/s (178 bytes in 0.056s)
83 KB/s (5444 bytes in 0.063s)
439 KB/s (160764 bytes in 0.357s)
524 KB/s (6876512 bytes in 12.811s)
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl127x-fw-4-plt.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl1271-nvs.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/TIInit_7.6.15.bts' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl127x-fw-4-mr.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/RFMD_D_E5.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/TQS_S_2.6.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/RFMD_S_3.5.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/TQS_D_1.0.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/TQS_D_1.7.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/TQS_S_2.5.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl1271-nvs_127x.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl127x-fw-4-sr.bin' does not exist
Pulling omap4470-common files...
141 KB/s (13920 bytes in 0.096s)
3 KB/s (178 bytes in 0.054s)
88 KB/s (5444 bytes in 0.060s)
437 KB/s (160764 bytes in 0.359s)
495 KB/s (6876512 bytes in 13.563s)
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl127x-fw-4-plt.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl1271-nvs.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/TIInit_7.6.15.bts' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl127x-fw-4-mr.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/RFMD_D_E5.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/TQS_S_2.6.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/RFMD_S_3.5.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/TQS_D_1.0.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/TQS_D_1.7.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/ini_files/TQS_S_2.5.ini' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl1271-nvs_127x.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/vendor/firmware/wl127x-fw-4-sr.bin' does not exist

I have a Nook HD+ with CyanogenMod 10.2 nightly (20140108) connected and working properly. Is this output normal?

I only see the following items in /system/vendor/firmware
  • ducati-m3.bin
  • hdcp.keys
  • smc_pa.ift

Is that normal?

I've searched the forums here, Googled, searched the CyanogenMod forums and posted on Google+. So far no luck. I'm going to try poking in the CyanogenMod nightlies that I have archived and see if there is something there I can manually grab.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

deoren

Jan 2, 2014
I only see the following items in /system/vendor/firmware
  • ducati-m3.bin
  • hdcp.keys
  • smc_pa.ift

I looked at the CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies, the latest snapshot for 10.2 and the factory 2.2.0 image (NookHDplus-factory-2.2.0-plain-stock.zip) that I found on leapinlar's thread here. The only two files present in the system/vendor/firmware/ folder are:

• ducati-m3.bin
  • smc_pa.ift

I also looked back over the forums here and came across this thread:

I recognized the steps listed, but when they got to the extract-files.sh step they did not list any errors or messages stating that some errors/warnings could be ignored.

deoren

Jan 2, 2014
minowar age

You must change file 'proprietary-files.txt' (@device/bn/ovation/) and add to it all files from '/system/vendor' and '/system/etc/firmware'

Thanks for the info.

I went back and looked and saw that most of the files that extract-files.sh couldn't locate were actually in /system/etc/firmware/ instead of /system/vendor/firmware/ where the script attempted to grab them from.

Do you happen to know where I should submit a patch for the file once I correct it? No worries if you don't, just thought I'd check.

I did find one file in the list that was not on the CM 10.2 install:

/system/vendor/firmware/wl1271-nvs_127x.bin

Do you know anything about it?

deoren

Jan 2, 2014
You must change file 'proprietary-files.txt' (@device/bn/ovation/) and add to it all files from '/system/vendor' and '/system/etc/firmware'

I meant to also say in my last reply that the proprietary-files.txt file is located here (had to add spaces to url to work around "new account" restriction):

https:// github.com / CyanogenMod/android_device_bn_ovation/blob/cm-10.2/proprietary-files.txt

It uses relative paths like you mentioned, but the entries don't match what my Nook HD+ currently has. Most of the entries also don't match up with the CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies, the latest snapshot for 10.2 and the factory 2.2.0 image.

After Googling some more I came across this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535570

where it appears that others have also noticed this behavior. It sounds like they opted to commit their changes to their fork instead of asking for a pull request to fix the errors. They also found that a second file wasn't present (so I must have overlooked one).

Is the appropriate step here for me to fork the repo and submit a pull request with changes? I don't really know my way around Git, but I suppose I could manage.

deoren

Jan 2, 2014
wl1271-nvs_127x.bin and all others for vendor can also be found on verygreens git -> https://github.com/verygreen/propri...cm-10.2/hd-common/proprietary/vendor/firmware

Thanks for that repo link. The rest of my reply is a little verbose in the hope that it will help someone else who runs into this issue.

---

Before you replied I stumbled across this forum thread:

where fanoush showed how to create a new repo manifest to pull in the content via repo sync.

This was done by adding this content:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_bn.git" path="vendor/bn" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2"/>
</manifest>

to this repo manifest file:

Code:
~/android/system/.repo/local_manifests/muppets_bn_manifest.xml

After some light research I see that verygreen forked his repo from the TheMuppets repo, but as of Jan 18th both are in sync. Since verygreen seems to be doing the bulk of the work on the CyanogenMod port for the Nook/Nook HD+, I'm going to use his repo instead.

Unless I mistyped something this is how the repo manifest file should look:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="verygreen/proprietary_vendor_bn-1.git" path="vendor/bn" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2"/>
</manifest>

Using the TheMuppets repo I was able to successfully build a CM 10.2 nightly and load it on my Nook. For reference I had to use the ClockworkMod v6.0.3.6 Recovery that leapinlar provided on this thread instead of the v6.0.4.6 that I found on the nook.rootshell.ru/hd/ site. If I tried using the v6.0.4.6 version I got assert errors and installation was aborted.

Once the current build I have running completes I'll switchover to using verygreen's repo.