YouTube problem in z5c

Search This thread

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
I'm having this problem, is really annoying sometimes when I try to play videos on YouTube it says "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" I have to reboot my phone every single time that this happens, I don't know why, it's getting really annoying, what can I do?

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

Fransis88

Apr 19, 2011

+1
I have the same problem.
suddenly, the camera stops working, and I get a message saying something like "the camera is in use by another application" message. and not in use by any application, or use a camera app third.
at the same time when the camera fails, if I put youtube I have the same error message, as if it had network, and you can not load the videos.
to me obliged to restart the terminal.
my phone is a compact Z5, yellow, it appears in the box 2.1 review.
bootloader currently open, had the installation stock, and to try to solve the problem I did a clean install of the latest version .200, with their wipes.
but the problem has resurfaced ...
any ideas?
Thank you, and happy holidays
Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: rolo143

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
+1
I have the same problem.
suddenly, the camera stops working, and I get a message saying something like "the camera is in use by another application" message. and not in use by any application, or use a camera app third.
at the same time when the camera fails, if I put youtube I have the same error message, as if it had network, and you can not load the videos.
to me obliged to restart the terminal.
my phone is a compact Z5, yellow, it appears in the box 2.1 review.
bootloader currently open, had the installation stock, and to try to solve the problem I did a clean install of the latest version .200, with their wipes.
but the problem has resurfaced ...
any ideas?
Thank you, and happy holidays
[/QUOTE]
I have the same camera problem. Also can't play videos on Twitter, either. It happens after a while, but the only solution I have found is to restart the device. Anyway it appears again after some time. It's really frustrating. I hope to find a solution to fix this. I'm in the latest firmware version. 200 and have an unlocked bootloader. Hope Sony fixes this in a future update. I'm waiting for a custom Rom also just to see if this problem disappears, but is a new device so I guess I'll have to wait. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks, Happy holidays! [emoji2]

Kallu609

Dec 30, 2015
I can also confirm both of those problems, both YouTube and camera. I also have unlocked bootloader and I'm running .152 currently. Really.. REALLY annoying. I can also confirm that the streaming problem doesn't only affect YouTube, but some other apps too, for example video streaming on Relay for Reddit or Facebook videos.

Last edited:

android_fury

Dec 24, 2014
I'm running stock (locked bootloader) and I have the problem with the Youtube app. In my case, it happens with specific videos. I thought the problem was just the site being weird, but looks like that's not it.

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
I can also confirm both of those problems, both YouTube and camera. I also have unlocked bootloader and I'm running .152 currently. Really.. REALLY annoying. I can also confirm that the streaming problem doesn't only affect YouTube, but some other apps too, for example video streaming on Relay for Reddit or Facebook videos.
Yeah, it also happens on other apps, like twitter, everytime I try to play a video it says "content not available" as I said the only solution I've found is restart the device, but after some time, the problem comes back again. It's really annoying because I have to restart the device every time. But for now I'm using Chrome to play Youtube videos. Another problem I have is that I can't add chrome bookmarks on desktop, it shows empty even though i have many bookmarks (including Youtube) , so I have to open Chrome app and then access Youtube. Hope the marshmallow update fix all this. Because it's really frustrating

Last edited:
Reactions: Kallu609

madd0g

May 8, 2010
My cousin has the same issue on Z3 Compact, after updating to Lollipop. On Kitkat it was fine. So it's certainly not device specific.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I was getting the YouTube issue on every video, but clearing the phone's cache (fastboot erase cache) seems to have solved it.

Can you do this with an locked bootloader? A bit funny though, since we did a factory reset, which would erase the cache partition.

Last edited:

madd0g

May 8, 2010
I cleared phone's cache via recovery but the problem appears again after a while. Is there a difference if I use fastboot command?

I see, no there's no difference. I presume it has to do something with the system, then just being easily fixable with clearing cache.

civicsr2cool

Sep 14, 2010
Sagnasty, MI
This is good news for me, I rooted mine the day I got it and thought it was ad blocker hanging up or something. I have to restart a few times a day to get by it.

The accessing sim notification is the worst though. That I wish I could fix.

Kallu609

Dec 30, 2015
Has anyone been experiencing this with the MM?
I can't recall this happening for about two weeks now.

Last edited:

Andr0id3

Apr 11, 2016
Option to fix temporary

I'm having this problem, is really annoying sometimes when I try to play videos on YouTube it says "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" I have to reboot my phone every single time that this happens, I don't know why, it's getting really annoying, what can I do?

Before to start, I need to make clear some points. 1) I dont speak english very well 2) I am not a programmer
The youtube problem I fixed deleting the app and installed an old version.
The problem with the camera what I did was, I installed MM, and I used the official Kernel to root but I didnt install the Xposed.
I hope it helps you guys.

michuroztocz

Sep 26, 2007
Kraków
Has anyone been experiencing this with the MM?
I can't recall this happening for about two weeks now.
I'm experiencing this with MM update (currently .182). Can't open youtube videos, take movies with camera, or use creative effects / sweep panorama etc. Reboot helps just for a while.

EDIT:
I discovered that problem with creative effects / sweep panorama is unrelated to video problems. After restart I can watch youtube videos and make movies with camera, but creative effects or any app related with taking photos doesn't work. Its interesting because 4k and Timeshift Video works. Any clues? Maybe i disabled too much preloaded apps, who knows.

Last edited:

civicsr2cool

Sep 14, 2010
Sagnasty, MI
I see that this thread hasn't been that active lately. Are you still experiencing this because I am, and it's pissing me off.

Sent from my E5823 using XDA-Developers mobile app

yup, I recently moved up to marshmallow and its still there. Ive tried every youtube version known to man and it still happens. I have to reboot so many times a day its ridiculous.

edit: I have noticed its linked to all video playback on the device, snapchat videos do not work without a reboot either.

Last edited:

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
yup, I recently moved up to marshmallow and its still there. Ive tried every youtube version known to man and it still happens. I have to reboot so many times a day its ridiculous.

edit: I have noticed its linked to all video playback on the device, snapchat videos do not work without a reboot either.
I didn't have this problem for a while but it has resurfaced again. When this happens I'm not able to play Facebook or Twitter videos & gifs, Youtube always says "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" it's frustrating I have to reboot phone to solve this and then it happens again every few hours or so.

Top Liked Posts