[Q] Can i Combine '(FROYO)' with a '(Gingerbread)' ? (Xchange PDA)

Search This thread

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
I have a rom that is just 1 file:
FROYO:
NEE.tar (PDA)

and another rom is 4 files:
Gingerbread:
CSC-XXJV1.tar
PDA-XWJVB.tar
PHONE-XXJVK.tar
pit512.pit

I want to mix this 2 ROM and the result is something like this:
CSC-XXJV1.tar
NEE.tar <-- It's from FROYO
PHONE-XXJVK.tar
pit512.pit

IS THAT WORK ?!

rschenck

Feb 8, 2011
I risked and try that.
result => It's worked :) HoHaa

It worked because CSC files, Modems (Phone) and .pit settings are totally firmware agnostic. All three work with both Froyo and Gingerbread interchangeably.

The pit file simply tells Odin how to set up the partitions. The CSC is the localization info and the Modem is the radio. Both the CSC and the Modem can be flashed via Recovery after install, so there was no real need to flash them at the same time, but it didn't appear to hurt. Likely what happened is they just flashed over the modem and CSC installed by the PDA file.

However, you may want to check in About to confirm the JVK modem is what you ended up with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vogie

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for info ;) @rschenck

I went to downgrade boot loader to FroYo (from Gingerbread). and after that I understood that boot.bin and slb.bin is in PDA file.

I have this files:
boot.bin, slb.bin from JPU ROM
PDA_XWJS8_NEE
CSC_EZbase-XXJV1
PHONE_EZbase-XXJVK

I flashed by ODIN 1.7 and heimdall but it's failed (softbreak):(

after that i backed to XWJS8 and i couldn't downgrade boot loader

What's wrong here ?! Do boot.bin and sld.bin is different in different ROMS ? what i need to repartition?
I'm confused sorry :(

rschenck

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks for info ;) @rschenck

I went to downgrade boot loader to FroYo (from Gingerbread). and after that I understood that boot.bin and slb.bin is in PDA file.

I have this files:
boot.bin, slb.bin from JPU ROM
PDA_XWJS8_NEE
CSC_EZbase-XXJV1
PHONE_EZbase-XXJVK

I flashed by ODIN 1.7 and heimdall but it's failed (softbreak):(

after that i backed to XWJS8 and i couldn't downgrade boot loader

What's wrong here ?! Do boot.bin and sld.bin is different in different ROMS ? what i need to repartition?
I'm confused sorry :(

You are over complicating your life to an amazing degree...if all you need are the froyo bootloaders there are much easier ways.

Just search in Google for ezbase and android soul...on that website are excellent instructions for flashing ezbase via odin. From there you can flash anything you want.

Don't try to invent the wheel messing with bin files.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
COME ON!!!!

There is a lot of FROYO ROMs and I know that! but I want to try everythings!
and if you not in mood to help, please Don't disapointed me :\

1. anyway, I just want to know is different between boot.bin and slb.bin in all FroYo ROMs?

2.for repartition What's need in put in ODIN ? (just pda, or pda,csc,phone) ?

3.is boot.bin and sld.bin dangerous ?

Thanks again for respond.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I risked and try that.
    result => It's worked :) HoHaa

It worked because CSC files, Modems (Phone) and .pit settings are totally firmware agnostic. All three work with both Froyo and Gingerbread interchangeably.

The pit file simply tells Odin how to set up the partitions. The CSC is the localization info and the Modem is the radio. Both the CSC and the Modem can be flashed via Recovery after install, so there was no real need to flash them at the same time, but it didn't appear to hurt. Likely what happened is they just flashed over the modem and CSC installed by the PDA file.

However, you may want to check in About to confirm the JVK modem is what you ended up with.