über car dock setup Note II/Note 3

Search This thread

brentil

Sep 12, 2008
This is not a cheap setup, but nothing über ever is though, is it. This is a very solid setup with no wobble and provides close arms reach access to your device. In my car it's not exactly line of sight but other vehicles might have closer mounts. I've never been a fan of windshield mounts as they bounce around too much, can be out of reach in some vehicles, results in cables running all over the place, and in hot states like FL can result in the phone overheating.

Parts Needed

Process
  • Attach the ProClip mount to your car
  • Attach the female quick release to the mount
  • Attach the male quick release to the tilt swivel adapter
  • Connect quick releases together

The quick release is optional, you can connect the stock tilt swivel directly to your car mount without it. I have several other devices I place there though so by having the quick release on all my devices it makes swapping them out very simple. You can buy extra individual male adapters for extra devices you own (GPS, car diagnostics, other phones/tablets, etc).

My pictures below show;

• My car is dirty...
  1. The car mount specific to my vehicle with the female adapter on it
  2. The Note II/Note 3 specific holder (the non-USB/non-case version)
  3. The holder attached to the mount

aNtRx

Jan 12, 2008
Ljubljana
This is not a cheap setup, but nothing über ever is though, is it. This is a very solid setup with no wobble and provides close arms reach access to your device. In my car it's not exactly line of sight but other vehicles might have closer mounts. I've never been a fan of windshield mounts as they bounce around too much, can be out of reach in some vehicles, results in cables running all over the place, and in hot states like FL can result in the phone overheating.

Parts Needed

Process
  • Attach the ProClip mount to your car
  • Attach the female quick release to the mount
  • Attach the male quick release to the tilt swivel adapter
  • Connect quick releases together

The quick release is optional, you can connect the stock tilt swivel directly to your car mount without it. I have several other devices I place there though so by having the quick release on all my devices it makes swapping them out very simple. You can buy extra individual male adapters for extra devices you own (GPS, car diagnostics, other phones/tablets, etc).

My pictures below show;

• My car is dirty...
  1. The car mount specific to my vehicle with the female adapter on it
  2. The Note II/Note 3 specific holder (the non-USB/non-case version)
  3. The holder attached to the mount

I use
http://www.iboltshop.com/iBOLT-xProDock-Samsung-aux-out-car-speakers/dp/B00AOCSFYC

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
It does look, sound and COST like an uber car dock mount :) But wouldn't it be easier instead of spending $100-$140 on ProClip setup that might only work with a specific smartphone footprint and not even every case or extended battery, to buy something like Arkon slim grip ultra (http://www.arkon.com/Slim-Grip Ultra/index.html) for $20-$30 depending on mounting option (and I actually reviewed a lot of car mounts on XDA, including SGU: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2174449) and make it a universal setup for any smartphone from old iphone to the biggest phablet or Nexus 7 or iPad Mini? I recently tested their SM679 model with a ridiculously sticky suction base, and if I would have b@lls I would even install one of their permanent rail mounts in my Lex lol!!!

Btw, I also just got their new Mobile Grip 2 (http://www.arkon.com/mobile-grip/) and that one is sick! Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a broken record advertisement lol!!! , but since I on a road 2hr a day using my Note 2 as Nav, the car mount is important for me especially going through swiss cheese pot hole Jersey roads. I didn't test ProClip, but as you can see from my reviews in sig link, I tested and reviewed all the major car mounts. And still, I keep coming back to Slim Grip Ultra, though might have to switch to Mobile Grip 2 now to use my Note 2 as dash cam.

brentil

Sep 12, 2008
ProClip makes universal holders too. You can also attach any mount type that has an AMPs interface too. Like I mentioned too, window or vent mounts don't work well in hot and humid states. I also think they look fairly tacky and don't want them in my car.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app