[XAP] MyRingtone2SMS (0.1.1 - May 28, 2012)

Search This thread

djfoxer

Dec 17, 2011
Hello xda-developers community :)
It's my first homebrew app, so be lenient, plz :p

What is MyRingtone2SMS?
It's very simple app, but quite useful :)
As we know it, Mango update added, among other things, possibility to add our ringtone, but only to incoming phone call.
MyRingtone2SMS just adds missing feature - change SMS/Email/Voicemail alert tone :)

How it works?
If you are using e.g. Free Ringtones app, it has ability to save ringtone ("Save Ringtone" window).
Window Phone OS, store this files (ringtones) in "\My Documents\My Ringtones\".
So, MyRingtone2SMS shows files (ringtones) from "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" and when you check the item, it appears in SMS/Email/Voicemail alert tone (in Settings).
Thats all! Now it's easy to set our favorite sms alert tone (e.g. "Power Rangers" :p )

MyRingtone2SMS 0.1.1
begin

New 0.1.1 version adds new features like changing alert characteristics! Now with MyRingtone2SMS u can change in SMS/Email/Voicemail:
- ringtone length
- ringtone volume
- vibration length
- vibration "position"
- breaks
This options are available in basic and advanced mode. In basic mode you just choose few options from menu or fill in textboxes. Advanced mode gives simple and powerful tool to customize your alert, like in Windows Mobile:
cX- set volume to X in percentage max volume,
pX- play ringtone for X seconds,
vX- vibrate for X seconds,
wX- wait for X seconds.

And also in 0.1.1: new WP7 Root Tools, new UI, check root access on startup, gives information about selected alert (small icons near ringtone name). More in changelog.

end

If u have any questions, suggestions, complaints, please write :) THX :)

MyRingtone2SMS - requirements
MyRingtone2SMS uses Heathcliff74's WP7 Root Tools SDK, so your device has to have:
- custom rom
OR
- installed WP7 Root Tools and has to be interop unlocked
to add root access for MyRingtone2SMS

MyRingtone2SMS - changelog
- first release

- added ringtones from "\My Documents\Ringtones\" (e.g. R1ng3d saves there)
- detection of data inconsistencies - and possibility to fix it (MyRingtone2SMS will ask to delete corrupted registry values)

Short video of MyRingtone2SMS 0.0.2 from 1800pocketpc:

Description in Polish for version 0.0.1 and 0.0.2 (info w j.polskim, na blogu dobrychprogramów): MyRingtoneSMS - bo Microsoft zaspał

- SMS/Email/Voicemail customize options: ringtone length, ringtone volume, vibration length, vibration "position", breaks
- edit alert with script (like in Windows Mobile)
- basic and advanced mode
- new UI
- new WP7 Root Tools 0.2.1.0
- gives information about selected alert (small icons near ringtone name)
- improvements

Description in Polish for version 0.1.1 (info w j.polskim, na blogu dobrychprogramów): MyRingtone2SMS - kolejne szlify

If you like this app, you can DONATE ME :) (button "donate me" below my avatar). Thank You!!

Attachments

• MyRingtone2SMS_0.0.1.xap
    263.2 KB · Views: 10,495
  • MyRingtone2SMS_0.0.2.xap
    264.1 KB · Views: 25,778
  • MyRingtone2SMS_0.1.1.xap
    285.7 KB · Views: 22,112
  • s011.jpg
    s011.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 88,507
Last edited:

superman4545

Mar 27, 2008
The app doesn't show any ringtones for me on my LG Quantum, I believe this is because the custom ringtone get saved to My Documents\Ringtones on the LG's or at least my phone for some reason rather than My Documents\My Ringtones. I hope you can add the My Documents\Ringtones file path in your next version

Sent from my LG-C900B using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

lordmago

Feb 13, 2010
Near Venice

What is MyRingtone2SMS?
As we know it, Mango update added, among other things, possibility to add our ringtone, but only to incoming phone call.
MyRingtone2SMS just adds missing feature - change SMS Alert tone :)

How it works?
If you are using e.g. Free Ringtones app, it has ability to save ring tone ("Save Ringtone" window).
Window Phone OS, store this files (ring tones) in "\My Documents\My Ringtones\".
So, MyRingtone2SMS shows files (ring tones) from "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" and when you check the item, it appears in SMS Alert tone (in Settings).
Thats all! Now it's easy to set our favorite sms alert tone (e.g. "Power Rangers" :p )

MyRingtone2SMS uses Heathcliff74's WP7 Root Tools SDK, so your device has to have:
- custom rom
OR

- first release

Many thanks! In this way I won't continue copying the sms tones into windows
folder and then adding the strings in the registry... :D

poloche

Jul 17, 2009
Many thankx ;)

How to put my personnal .mp3 for MyRingtones2SMS recognized it ?

If i download mp3 file with FreeRongtones apps, the list show the music, but if i put my mp3 file with Windows Mobile Device Center in My Ringtones folder... your app don't show it in the list... :s

I don't understant, can you help me please ? :D

Best regards,

djfoxer

Dec 17, 2011
Thank you all for your feedback. !!!

The app doesn't show any ringtones for me on my LG Quantum, I believe this is because the custom ringtone get saved to My Documents\Ringtones on the LG's or at least my phone for some reason rather than My Documents\My Ringtones. I hope you can add the My Documents\Ringtones file path in your next version

Sent from my LG-C900B using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Show nothing on my LG Jilsander e-906

I also have LG (E900), so it's little strange. I try to check it, and add something to fix this issue on yours devices in next version of MyRingtone2SMS. But you have some downloaded ringtones from web and saved by "Save Ringtone" window (look at added screen)?
(check new version 0.0.2)

Many thankx ;)

How to put my personnal .mp3 for MyRingtones2SMS recognized it ?

If i download mp3 file with FreeRongtones apps, the list show the music, but if i put my mp3 file with Windows Mobile Device Center in My Ringtones folder... your app don't show it in the list... :s

I don't understant, can you help me please ? :D

Best regards,

It's not so easy. Becouse files in \My Documents\My Ringtones\ don't have oryginal names but some kind of GUID. So, I take values from registry: \ControlPanel\Sounds\CustomProtectedRingtones and compare with files in that folder.

Attachments

• 2E.jpg
    2E.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:

poloche

Jul 17, 2009
Ok :)
I have a suggestion ...
In next version, can you make a possible function to delete the keys in the list ??

In fact, i have download a ringtones in My Ringtones folder and it show in the list ! After, i have deleted this ringtones with WP7 Root Tools explorer and when i run MyRingtones2SMS, the ringtones is constantly in the list !!! If i click on, your app crash and closed ! ...

It is possible to delete the registry key and the ringtone directly with MyRingtones2SMS ?? :)

poloche,

djfoxer

Dec 17, 2011
I have a suggestion ...
In next version, can you make a possible function to delete the keys in the list ??

In fact, i have download a ringtones in My Ringtones folder and it show in the list ! After, i have deleted this ringtones with WP7 Root Tools explorer and when i run MyRingtones2SMS, the ringtones is constantly in the list !!! If i click on, your app crash and closed ! ...

It is possible to delete the registry key and the ringtone directly with MyRingtones2SMS ?? :)

poloche,

Ok, I just try to fix it in next release. Thx for feedabck :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Budniu

Martinspire

Oct 24, 2009
The Netherlands
Looks like a cool and nice app.

Just wondering, is this also working for mail and voicemail or only IM/sms? Would be nice to also change these other two (allthough i think most people don't use voicemail so mail would be nice).

Personally i think the alert sounds are too loud so i want to change them to sounds with less volume but currently i cannot do this without going into regeditors and copy files into folders i shouldn't be using

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
My phone is interop unlocked, ROM unlocked (Tango) and also WP7 Root Tools but I can't view any fies or folders. It doesn't work at all. I am using an HTC Trophy CMDA (Spark_W). :confused:

I know they say "just use the thanks button" for these types of things, but I have to thank you with words. Mostly because I have a ton of WP7-toting friends, and we'd all reach for our phones when one of them went off due to the limited sound set. I've mostly averted it by sticking to the Nokia sounds that come with the Lumia 900, but they're upgrading to Lumias now, so it's not going to work for much longer.

Just have to wait for an interop unlock now (and I'm pretty sure it'll happen since the Lumia is a pretty popular phone it seems)

ranger1957

Apr 11, 2008
Nice One!

HTC HD2 with pdaimatejam rom. Works perfectly, looks like it can set custom tunes for incoming email as well.

John

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is MyRingtone2SMS?
    MyRingtone2SMS just adds missing feature - change SMS/Email/Voicemail alert tone :)

How it works?
    If you are using e.g. Free Ringtones app, it has ability to save ringtone ("Save Ringtone" window).
    Window Phone OS, store this files (ringtones) in "\My Documents\My Ringtones\".
    So, MyRingtone2SMS shows files (ringtones) from "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" and when you check the item, it appears in SMS/Email/Voicemail alert tone (in Settings).

MyRingtone2SMS 0.1.1
    begin

New 0.1.1 version adds new features like changing alert characteristics! Now with MyRingtone2SMS u can change in SMS/Email/Voicemail:
    - ringtone length
    - ringtone volume
    - vibration length
    - vibration "position"
    - breaks
    This options are available in basic and advanced mode. In basic mode you just choose few options from menu or fill in textboxes. Advanced mode gives simple and powerful tool to customize your alert, like in Windows Mobile:
    wX- wait for X seconds.

And also in 0.1.1: new WP7 Root Tools, new UI, check root access on startup, gives information about selected alert (small icons near ringtone name). More in changelog.

end

- custom rom
    OR

- first release

- added ringtones from "\My Documents\Ringtones\" (e.g. R1ng3d saves there)
    - detection of data inconsistencies - and possibility to fix it (MyRingtone2SMS will ask to delete corrupted registry values)

Short video of MyRingtone2SMS 0.0.2 from 1800pocketpc:

Description in Polish for version 0.0.1 and 0.0.2 (info w j.polskim, na blogu dobrychprogramów): MyRingtoneSMS - bo Microsoft zaspał

- SMS/Email/Voicemail customize options: ringtone length, ringtone volume, vibration length, vibration "position", breaks
    - edit alert with script (like in Windows Mobile)
    - basic and advanced mode
    - new UI
    - new WP7 Root Tools 0.2.1.0
    - gives information about selected alert (small icons near ringtone name)
    - improvements

Description in Polish for version 0.1.1 (info w j.polskim, na blogu dobrychprogramów): MyRingtone2SMS - kolejne szlify

If you like this app, you can DONATE ME :) (button "donate me" below my avatar). Thank You!!
    Hey great job on this!! IS it possible that you could make separate app, or add to your next release to where we are able to set the incoming calls vibrate duration time? Would really like to be able to set the calls vibrate duration to a longer time!! Thanks

Hi. Thx for feedback. I try to add it in new release :) I dont know when, because I have to change interface to be more user friendly.
    I have a suggestion ...

poloche,

Ok, I just try to fix it in next release. Thx for feedabck :)
    MyRingtone2SMS 0.1.1

- ringtone length
    - ringtone volume
    - vibration length
    - vibration "position"
    - breaks
    wX- wait for X seconds.

And also in 0.1.1: new WP7 Root Tools, new UI, check root access on startup, gives information about selected alert (small icons near ringtone name).

More in first post!
    does anybody have the stock ringtones of sms and other stuff from Lumia 800 or 900? it would be nice i it be posted here as link... please

You can find it in Free Ringtones, try to search "Lumia".

on an Omnia interop unlocked-wp root tools runs ok- it exits with the message "app doesn't have root access, closing..." weird

Maybe you should re-enable root access or reinstall MyRingtone2SMS.

Yes,Thanks a lot.You can send the .resx file to my email.
    email:coolxap@live.com

Ok. Just give me time to finish new version, and after that I'll send you resx files. Thanks.

Mr. Magnificent update if you are a god and has no problem the application is highly customizable and intuitive, it lacks the Spanish language as other languages ​​but is also very easy to handle despite being in English.
    THANKS!!

You are welcome :) Maybe you want to translate to spanish, or I try to find someone to translate and attach it with new release. Thanks for feedback.