Anker 2x 1800mAh

Search This thread

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Batteri...=UTF8&qid=1326384240&sr=8-1#productPromotions

This is a great deal on Amazon, two 1800 mAh batteries plus a charger for 20 bucks right now. I recommend it.

I just bought these a few days ago and got to use them yesterday. I was amazed... 300 mAh more than my year-old stock battery and it lasted forever. On my normal battery I get maybe 9 or 10 hours of light usage, data off all day unless I'm using it for tapatalk, etc. and then the phone dies. On this new one I got it up to 14 hours and it was down to 40%.. only put it on the charger because I had to sleep.

And that was 14 hours of medium to heavy usage... I had two batteries with me so I really wanted to stress them and see how long they would last. I left data and sync on all day, streamed music for about an hour with google music, used google talk to chat with friends, played fruit ninja, watched youtube videos, downloaded Big Gigantic's new album over 3G... etc and still the battery lasted way longer than my stock one. I didn't even have to worry about needing to switch batteries which was what I bought them for, I didn't expect this great of a result from it.

All in all, I recommend these if anyone is looking at buying extended batteries. It's a great price right now, the things charge in the phone and come with a wall charger with USB ports and a battery charger that can charge whichever one your phone isn't. I've never been more happy with the battery life on my phone, I don't think you could go wrong with these.

Skidoo03

Apr 28, 2011
So I ordered this for my moms Fassy that I had and she is on stock rom slightly debloated and after putting it in it says that that battery isn't recognized. Any ideas for fixes?

Sent from my BA Bionic

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
So I ordered this for my moms Fassy that I had and she is on stock rom slightly debloated and after putting it in it says that that battery isn't recognized. Any ideas for fixes?

Sent from my BA Bionic

hm... I have not tried it on anything except custom roms. I've heard that some roms don't support different types of batteries. maybe try flashing her to cm7, miui, something like that.

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500

mkuehl06

Sep 5, 2011
Kouts
hm... I have not tried it on anything except custom roms. I've heard that some roms don't support different types of batteries. maybe try flashing her to cm7, miui, something like that.

Iirc its the kernel that determines the 3rd party battery support and not the from. Try KGB or geewiz kernels for tw. I got a guide in general section that has all this information.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

davezx6r

Mar 30, 2011
New England
+1 on the kernel from what i've heard. I was about to pull the trigger on one of the epic touch batteries on amazon litterally when i read this post. For the same price you can't beat these. Battery life has been a much welcomed improvement, and being able to just swap a fresh one from the charger and keep going really cant be beat. Thanks for the find bud.

Last edited:

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
+1 on the kernel from what i've heard. I was about to pull the trigger on one of the epic touch batteries on amazon litterally when i read this post. For the same price you can't beat these. Battery life has been a much welcomed improvement, and being able to just swap a fresh one from the charger and keep going really cant be beat. Thanks for the find bud.

yeah it's really awesome, you're welcome. question, have you had any issues with the wall charger? I may be doing something wrong but mine doesn't seem to be charging my batteries.

davezx6r

Mar 30, 2011
New England
Hmm. No I haven't noticed any issues. I do know that those prongs tend to move every time I attach the battery though are you possibly just not getting it to seat well? What specifically is happening?

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Hmm. No I haven't noticed any issues. I do know that those prongs tend to move every time I attach the battery though are you possibly just not getting it to seat well? What specifically is happening?

well I hardly use my extra battery, I usually just use the one because I don't need a second. so I charge the extra one and keep it in my pocket, and when I need it it is almost dead. I don't know if it's not charging, or if it's just discharging somehow while being in my pocket for a couple of days.

davezx6r

Mar 30, 2011
New England
It could be discharging. I have noticed if I take a battery off the charger for a couple of hours and then pop it back on it will begin to charge again. It seems odd that it would lose so much charge after only a few days but who knows. I always alternate back and fourth so that the batteries wear evenly. I would try that for a few days and see if it helps. If not call Amazon or banker and see if you can get a replacement. On a side note how the hell are you getting days of life? I get maybe a day of medium heavy usage. Also I'm in a 90 to 100dbm environment pretty much all day though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 running Kang's CM-7 with Glitch 13.1

Last edited:

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
I'll try the suggestions, thanks.

With my usage, it just depends on what I do.. on a regular day I have wifi most of the day and stream google music and check xda and Craigslist, and SMS... besides the constant streaming it's average usage. I keep my screen dim because I'm usually inside. That gets me about 16 hours.

Today in addition to those things, I used GPS Navigation and my phone to make calls to get directions and navigate to a car to look at, I played with flashing a couple of mods, and I wrote a google doc going back and forth between docs and browser to finish up my homework on the way. plus I've been outside today so my screen has been on around half brightness so I can use it. I am at about ten hours now and I have 20% battery.

Gaby98

Feb 10, 2012
yeah it's really awesome, you're welcome. question, have you had any issues with the wall charger? I may be doing something wrong but mine doesn't seem to be charging my batteries.

quoting from the other thread: http://xdaforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=22480776

Click on the link in my post above, or here (click on the text, it's a link :eek: ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGJ-IEfbM6s :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Batteri...=UTF8&qid=1326384240&sr=8-1#productPromotions

This is a great deal on Amazon, two 1800 mAh batteries plus a charger for 20 bucks right now. I recommend it.

I just bought these a few days ago and got to use them yesterday. I was amazed... 300 mAh more than my year-old stock battery and it lasted forever. On my normal battery I get maybe 9 or 10 hours of light usage, data off all day unless I'm using it for tapatalk, etc. and then the phone dies. On this new one I got it up to 14 hours and it was down to 40%.. only put it on the charger because I had to sleep.

And that was 14 hours of medium to heavy usage... I had two batteries with me so I really wanted to stress them and see how long they would last. I left data and sync on all day, streamed music for about an hour with google music, used google talk to chat with friends, played fruit ninja, watched youtube videos, downloaded Big Gigantic's new album over 3G... etc and still the battery lasted way longer than my stock one. I didn't even have to worry about needing to switch batteries which was what I bought them for, I didn't expect this great of a result from it.

All in all, I recommend these if anyone is looking at buying extended batteries. It's a great price right now, the things charge in the phone and come with a wall charger with USB ports and a battery charger that can charge whichever one your phone isn't. I've never been more happy with the battery life on my phone, I don't think you could go wrong with these.

Iirc its the kernel that determines the 3rd party battery support and not the from. Try KGB or geewiz kernels for tw. I got a guide in general section that has all this information.

good work>>>>>>
    Thanks for this, ordered it over the weekend.

AOKP M4 :: Glitch V4.5 Kernel :: EH03 Radio
    Just ordered.... I'm excited.