[ROM][03.23.13] CyanogenMod 10 on HTC DNA; Audio WIP)

Search This thread

TGreg104

Nov 25, 2012
When you've got hundreds of people waiting for a near complete ROM, it goes from a good combo of criticism and praise to a large amount of unfair criticism and almost zero praise. Nothing wrong with telling people you like their stuff but that is what the "thanks" button is for.

That being said, I have seen plenty of great developers who were so close to sharing their complete code just up and leave a dev community because the people who are clueless keep hassling them for the release "now". Sometimes it's necessary to point out to the devs that the rest of the community here does in fact appreciate there work but are just patiently waiting. Best thing we can all do though is not bother the dev, tell them you appreciate them, and wait patiently for updates.

haha I honestly don't even know why I'm trying to defend myself... for the last time, I am not being impatient. the OP asked for an opinion on whether he should continue with cm10 or start cm10.1

I am fine running Viper until whenever this gets done, and when it does get done I will be on cm10. I will sing from the highest peak of how grateful I am.

People like you are why people like me hate xda. If it wasn't for the fact that rootzwiki is dead, I'd be over there. I am done with this thread. All I'm doing is clogging the thread. Enjoy.

hilokilo

Nov 22, 2011
haha I honestly don't even know why I'm trying to defend myself... for the last time, I am not being impatient. the OP asked for an opinion on whether he should continue with cm10 or start cm10.1

I am fine running Viper until whenever this gets done, and when it does get done I will be on cm10. I will sing from the highest peak of how grateful I am.

People like you are why people like me hate xda. If it wasn't for the fact that rootzwiki is dead, I'd be over there. I am done with this thread. All I'm doing is clogging the thread. Enjoy.
Agreed.

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego
I spent some time tonight looking through a lot of CAF's repos and found a lot of interesting stuff.... including updated kernel-headers/bionic files (something I was doing, however they have already done so). They actually have a lot of code ready for 3.7 kernel. In addition, I found a lot of libraries/source files that build many of the libs we use as proprietary libs.

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
I'm trying to build this based on the instructions in the readme and I am failing to get the build started. Obviously I've missed something pretty important. Do you know what I've missed to get this error when running brunch?

Code:
including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
build/core/product_config.mk:189: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/*/dlx/cm.mk]]: "device/*/dlx/cm.mk" does not exist.  Stop.
Device dlx not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Found repository: android_device_htc_dlx
CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_dlx already exists
Syncing repository to retrieve project.
error: project device/htc/dlx not found
Repository synced!
Looking for dependencies
Dependencies file not found, bailing out.
Done
build/core/product_config.mk:189: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/*/dlx/cm.mk]]: "device/*/dlx/cm.mk" does not exist.  Stop.

gitku

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Re: [ROM] CyanogenMod 10.0 on HTC DNA [Updated: 02.22.13; some radio progress]

Your missing the "cp [blah blah blah blah ] dlx_deconfig"

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

gitku

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T

Make sure the dlx_deconfig ends up in the same folder as all the other deconfig files and make sure you run . Build/envsetup.sh again after

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Make sure the dlx_deconfig ends up in the same folder as all the other deconfig files and make sure you run . Build/envsetup.sh again after

I've done that. It looks more like I don't have the vendor files:

Code:
crpalmer@compile:~/dna/cm10$ find . -name '*dlx*'
./.repo/manifests/system/vendor/htc/dlx
./.repo/manifests/system/vendor/htc/dlx/dlx-vendor.mk
./.repo/manifests/system/vendor/htc/dlx/dlx-vendor-blobs.mk
./.repo/manifests/system/vendor/htc/dlx/proprietary/lib/hw/nfc.dlx.so
./.repo/manifests/system/vendor/htc/dlx/proprietary/lib/hw/sensors.dlx.so
./.repo/manifests/system/device/htc/dlx
./.repo/manifests/system/device/htc/dlx/device_dlx.mk
./.repo/manifests/system/device/htc/dlx/ramdisk/fstab.dlx

I would have expected something to exist like vendor/htc/dlx?

gitku

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T

Actually I read that wrong ... Are you building from source that was already on your PC or started fresh?

Likely this is the part you need to redo if all above is correct

cd~/android/system

repo init -u git://github.com/drewx2/android.git -b jellybean

repo sync

Afterwards check to see that

~/android/system/device/htc/dlx

Exists

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

That should pull vendor also .. worst case you could CD to your vendor dir and do

Git clone https://github.com/drewx2/android.git

And just manually move the vendor folder where it belongs

Reactions: crpalmer

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

You are missing cm.mk which means you synced cm10.1 version trees which were incomplete last I looked, you'll need to sync the cm10 trees from his git.

Edit: this is what I'm referring to

build/core/product_config.mk:189: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/*/dlx/cm.mk]]: "device/*/dlx/cm.mk" does not exist.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA

Last edited:
Reactions: crpalmer

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Thanks to both of you for offering help.

I have a build running now (whether or not it will succeed remains to be seen). It looks like drewx2 must have created his git repo in ~/android. What I did was:

Code:
cd $TOP
git clone https://github.com/drewx2/android.git drewx2
( cd device && ln -s ../drewx2/system/device/htc )
( cd vendor && ln -s ../drewx2/system/vendor/htc )

Reactions: azndan2

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

Thanks to both of you for offering help.

I have a build running now (whether or not it will succeed remains to be seen). It looks like drewx2 must have created his git repo in ~/android. What I did was:

Code:
cd $TOP
git clone https://github.com/drewx2/android.git drewx2
( cd device && ln -s ../drewx2/system/device/htc )
( cd vendor && ln -s ../drewx2/system/vendor/htc )

/facepalm totally forgot he put them in android and not their own sections. I haven't gotten to the DNA building stuff since my buildbox caught fire, still working through everything again lol

Reactions: azndan2

gitku

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T

Buildbox caught fire? ... Awesome ... Good to see you seem to have gotten it going to cr

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

Buildbox caught fire? ... Awesome ... Good to see you seem to have gotten it going to cr

Yeah hard drive shorted somehow, caught fire, short killed the psu which took everything with it. Total loss besides the case, fans and watercooling. So I have to start completely over and it takes awhile.

Edit
Cr I seem to recall hitting an issue in audio, but I can't remember if it was 4.1 or 4.2, and it was probably over a week ago now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo-cid.png

[ Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 Build on HTC DNA ]
    git @ https://github.com/drewx2/android/ (Updated to download all necessary repos)

..CURRENT BUILD NOTES/HISTORY..

03.24.13: CM10 doesn't include support for csd-client enabled phones (which we need). I have built a work around for it to utilize our csd-client lib; hopefully it brings audio one step closer.

My audio changes can be found at a separate git repo @ https://github.com/drewx2/android_hardware_qcom

03.23.13: Current Audio Status

I have some time to look at things, so here just getting started and thought I would post the first strace for those interested. Looks promising and not too difficult.
    Code:
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioHardwareALSA\0", 18}, {"ucm instance opened: 1082445752\0", 32}], 3) = 51
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"int android::load_audio_interfac"..., 103}], 3) = 117
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"loadHwModule() error -22 loading"..., 49}], 3) = 63
    writev(4, [{"\5", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"could not open HW module primary"..., 33}], 3) = 57
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Not output found for attached de"..., 47}], 3) = 71
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Failed to open primary output\0", 30}], 3) = 54
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {205, 684889413}) = 0
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyService\0", 19}, {"couldn't init_check the audio po"..., 54}], 3) = 74
    ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbe961a28)        = 0

Complete strace available here: http://bit.ly/Xx3M0v

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There won't be any builds posted until one of the "not working" items has been fixed. I mostly likely will focus on audio this weekend.

If you have something meaningful to share, please visit http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=CM10DNA

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi *now* really working

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi now working.

Enable 3 dot menu: Settings -> Hardware keys -> Show action overflow [check]

Working:
    Radio/RIL (no sound, so can't hear yet), SMS / MMS, 3G / 4G Data, Display, Orientation, Sensors, Lights, NFC, Torch, GPS (not tested), Wifi

Not working:
    Camera, Audio, Bluetooth

To Do list
    I plan to do bionic/kernel optimizations once all features working.

..INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS..
    If you do not have S-OFF, you need to unzip the file and flash the boot.img inside via fastboot.

Install Instructions:
    1) Download http://bit.ly/W0RAY8
    2) Reboot to recovery of your choosing; wipe system/data/dalvik-cache/cache.
    3) Install downloaded zip
    4) Reboot.
    5) Enjoy.

Google Apps @ http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

.SPECIAL THANKS FOR DONATING.
    RuinedByMTV, drmp3z
    kronikings, danahern, karn101, Majik Mushroomz, Matt P., Matt B., pio_masaki, Droidika, Wheelchairmitch, MrIcky, liquidhaste, jamiethemorris, rainabba

.SPECIAL THANKS.
    Flyhalf205, x3demond3x[debugging]
    dsb9938 [cmdline boot option]
    x3demond3x [egl fix]
    Jarocks [resized bootanimation/debugging], pio_masaki [debugging],

jcase [unlock], dees_troy [twrp], beaups, jcase, Dr_Drache, dsb9938 [S-OFF]
    .... and of course the CyanogenMod team and those who laid the foundation for the DNA....

..WANT TO HELP? HERE ARE SOME DEBUGGING TIPS..
    1) Flash boot.img
    2) On cmdline do "adb logcat"

If you're ever in the mood to donate, don't forget about the others that have helped advance the HTC DNA to new levels (e.g. dsb9938, jcase, Dr_Drache, beaups, CM team, or XDA for bringing us all together!). Although, I may be working on CM and it may seem like a completely different project, in many ways we all rely on each other to help make the DNA better. :)
    4g data working
    Radio is now completely working. I just made my first call to myself :)
    Wifi fixed. Will upload zip shortly after I figure out which one of my builds fixed it...

Do I have to fix pretty much everything? lol...what happened with all the other devs out there?

odKm3ST.jpg
    Zip is up with complete working radio. Test away.