The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies - Toro

Search This thread

alicious

Sep 17, 2010
Just installed this ROM, no issues so far and it's solid.
My battery life has increased dramatically and the ROM itself is so clean. Love it, please keep up the good work.

ThePhantom97

Aug 6, 2012
Robinson
I was on the 2/19 release when I was having SMS issues. Haven't tried the latest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ah, I see. I just got around to testing this one out last night and today, so far so good. Only thing I can't figure out is how to get the weather to show up on my lock screen. I turned it on in settings, it just doesn't appear.

Sveke

Oct 16, 2010
Connecticut
Ah, I see. I just got around to testing this one out last night and today, so far so good. Only thing I can't figure out is how to get the weather to show up on my lock screen. I turned it on in settings, it just doesn't appear.

Make sure you have a location lock of some sort. Browser, wifi or GPS.

cubsfan187

Dec 11, 2010
Elgin,IL
Why do people insist on using Goo??? There are SO many other free/better sites (dev host, Android file host, ect). Over 15 min since starting my dl and there's still an hr left. Does anyone have a decent mirror for 2/22 nightly?

Last edited:
Reactions: eibook

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Why do people insist on using Goo??? There are SO many other free/better sites (dev host, Android file host, ect). Over 15 min since starting my dl and there's still an hr left. Does anyone have a decent mirror for 2/22 nightly?

Are you trying to start an argument?
Its etc. By the way
And also, NEVER PUT UP A MIRROR UNLESS THE OP ALLOWS IT

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: mrchambo

b33zy682

Feb 12, 2010
Two quick questions after flashing this awesome Rom for the first time. One. I have pie enabled without the last app toggle and I wanted to know if I leave that toggle disabled will my pie be off centered? I'm used to pie with 4 buttons and all four buttons are even down the screen. Two. Is there a way to have the full pie with the clock and be able to swipe key and right to see the notification bar and quick settings? Can't seem to figure that out. I enabled expanded desktop and still have the pie without the clock and I can't swipe top see notification bar. And fyi when you try to select any lock screen pattern (4x4, 5x5 etc.) Settings force closes. Thank for any help.love the Rom

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Not trying to start an argument at all.

Sorry for the typo. Won't let that happen again.

You're fine. No need to apologize man, also.. They're basically all the same.. Just with slightly different features. One could argue goo is better than dev host, but someone will come in with valid points for why dev host is better than goo.im, but in reality.. Neither are. They're both great. So, it is an inarguable statement

Sveke

Oct 16, 2010
Connecticut
Its etc. By the way

I know I'm late to the party but that was a total **** response.

Goo fing sucks, cubs made a factual statemant, period.

Takes 2 fing hours to download something.

And I know a **** comment when I see one, I'm notorious for them.

Last edited:

pepp67

Jul 16, 2012
dev support

This rom looks really cool. I'd like to ask a couple questions tho: 1) Is there any release that is more stable than any of the others or should I just go with latest and greatest? 2) Anyone receiving feedback/support from dev on this device? (It definitely looks like he's been busy... just askin')

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Orca Project 4.2+

platlogo.png

The Orca Project is back with new builds in built straight from AOSP using 4.2.2 for multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and drewgaren.com!

The Orca Project is composed of multiple of source including AOSP, AOKP, CM, Paranoid Android, Xylon, Xposed DPI and Rootbox Tools. Thus making this the best packaged deal around right now. More and More Features are getting added in each build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom.

Features:

* Android 4.2.2 Update
    * ORCASettings
    * DPI Settings (Xposed)
    * Rom Updates
    * OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
    * PIE! (Paranoid Android)
    * Profiles
    * Performance Control
    * ORCA Wallpapers
    * Themes
    * Lock Screen Settings
    * Chronus
    * Sound Recorder
    * Device Parts for Available Devices
    * Expandable Sound Settings
    * NFC Profiles
    * DSP Manager and Apollo Player
    * Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    * DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
    * AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
    * Build Prop Tweaks
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * NFC Polling
    * Quiet Hours
    * Headset Music App Launch
    * CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
    * GOO Manager Pre Installed
    * ORCA STATS
    * Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
    * Expanded Sound Option in Orca Settings, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
    * additional stuff I forgot to mention.
    * Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA TORO DOWNLOADS ANDROID 4.2.2
    http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/Orca_DL_toro.html
    http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/toro
    GAPPS
    Most roms use another rom as a base for their source, some use mostly cm, some use mostly pa, etc. So it's not surprising this would be based off PAC rom
    (probably just easier than syncing with cm, aokp, and pa separately and combining everything to work right without changing too much)
    If you check the change logs you can see what they cherry picked or otherwise modified themselves
    Oh yeah, most definitely! It's just a little uncanny in the similarity between it and PAC ROM.
    I may be retarded but where are the chronus controls?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Settings>ROM Settings under ORCATOOLS.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

How about that. I learned something new today! Lol. Thanks for that tip. I never knew that.

You're welcome. That'll be $20.
    Its etc. By the way

I know I'm late to the party but that was a total **** response.

Goo fing sucks, cubs made a factual statemant, period.

Takes 2 fing hours to download something.

And I know a **** comment when I see one, I'm notorious for them.

That's cool I feel your point of view but there are also plenty of devs. on here that have flawless ROMs as well. something just doesn't feel right at least drop in once in a while his other threads same way just never seen a dev. operate like this I just hope he's not another cna or a drama queen. I've seen devs. come and go and do all kinds crazyness I hope I'm wrong.:cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I think we're good with Drew not being CNA or MCD (that post a ROM then disappear for weeks/months). I had pm's him last week about something and he replied with 24 hrs. I just think he's been busy. Although I do agree that even once a week would be cool to see him/any dev in their threads. It just keeps the peace I think. Just my opinion though.