Mate 30 pro china variant volte Issue in India

Search This thread

ShobhitSingh

Dec 19, 2019
Hello ,
i recently brought mate 30 pro from china , the device is pretty cool but i am facing only one issue in India
i can not see option to enable VOLTE because of which i can't make or receive calls/sms on the device.

if anyone could help me with this that would be great , i would prefer a not root method(as i have 2 year warranty and in some time i head back to china ) but root method will also work .

i have tried es explorer and all 4g only apps nothing seems to work as it is Android 10 and major thing being the build.props has only 600 right so i can't even copy :- says permission denied .

Thanks

saifmohsinxda

Mar 9, 2014
Mate 30 Pro VOLTE Issue India

Well I am also facing the same issue. The problem is that Huawei India is responsible to take all the network parameters from the telcos in India and then they need to float on OTA patch to enable VOLTE services in Mate 30 Pro for all Indian mobile networks. Reason for Volte not being available is that Mate 30 Pro is not officially launched so Huawei India hasn't tested and worked on Volte for this device. I tried to reach Huawei India testing team to support on this and try to give a fix ASAP but cant get a proper point of contact. If you can reach and push them on this then may be we can get a resolution.

ShobhitSingh

Dec 19, 2019
Exactly

Well I am also facing the same issue. The problem is that Huawei India is responsible to take all the network parameters from the telcos in India and then they need to float on OTA patch to enable VOLTE services in Mate 30 Pro for all Indian mobile networks. Reason for Volte not being available is that Mate 30 Pro is not officially launched so Huawei India hasn't tested and worked on Volte for this device. I tried to reach Huawei India testing team to support on this and try to give a fix ASAP but cant get a proper point of contact. If you can reach and push them on this then may be we can get a resolution.
I also contacted them as a matter of fact I even contacted Huawei China and they said once device is launched you will get the patch.

guyluvsgals

Mar 3, 2012

I doubt it will be launched in India

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I have the same problem in the UK. I had both VoLTE and VoWIFI on both my Sims on my mate 20 pro international version. On this Chinese version mate 30 pro, neither works in the UK. I hear that the international version again has both these features working fine.
Would be good for a quick fix as my phone reception can be a little troublesome where I live, so used voice over Wi-fi a lot.

saifmohsinxda

Mar 9, 2014
the day before yesterday they contacted me and asked more details about the issue and and assured that you will be getting fix very soon.

Good to hear this, I am also following very thoroughly on this with china team and they replied in email that someone will get in touch soon to provide solution on this issue. Hope we get a software update soon to enable VOLTE. Please everyone keep posting here for any progress or update.

Last edited:

saifmohsinxda

Mar 9, 2014
I have the same problem in the UK. I had both VoLTE and VoWIFI on both my Sims on my mate 20 pro international version. On this Chinese version mate 30 pro, neither works in the UK. I hear that the international version again has both these features working fine.
Would be good for a quick fix as my phone reception can be a little troublesome where I live, so used voice over Wi-fi a lot.

Hi dears.. Any updates ? I got a call from them today and they said my mobile is Chinese version so it won't support VOLTE in India. If VOLTE is needed for use O should buy it from India if this model is not available then other model which supports VOLTE can be bought.

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I had a mate 10 pro Chinese version and it didn't work but changing to UK ROM, it then worked ok. It is a firmware difference and they obviously don't use it yet in China, hence no need to add it.
It is a shame that all of us early adopters have to suffer. It can only be a small change to the firmware to add it to our ROM as a future update. OR allow us access to unlock our boot loader and flash a ROM of our choice.

davidmaxwaterman

Dec 31, 2014
I wonder if I have this issue - well, I guess I do, but the problem I am concerned about is that it disabled the 2nd sim when I make a call on my 1st sim. I want to be able to make a call on my 1st sim and to still be able to use data on my 2nd sim.
Is that the same problem/root issue?

Voice sim is 'EE'. Data sim is 'Three'. Both in the UK.

saifmohsinxda

Mar 9, 2014
I had a mate 10 pro Chinese version and it didn't work but changing to UK ROM, it then worked ok. It is a firmware difference and they obviously don't use it yet in China, hence no need to add it.
It is a shame that all of us early adopters have to suffer. It can only be a small change to the firmware to add it to our ROM as a future update. OR allow us access to unlock our boot loader and flash a ROM of our choice.

How did you change the ROM ?

davidmaxwaterman

Dec 31, 2014
Used Funky Huawei to change my Mate 10 pro. No support for 20 and 30 unfortunately or I would have done so as I can't see them selling this 512gb 5g version in the UK for while yet.

Is this because there's something specifically different about the Mate 30 Pro, or is it more a matter of time needed to Kunky to figure it out?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some of you who have asked for instructions together, here they are. I hope they are easy enough to follow.

VoLTE and VoWIFI settings for Chinese AN00 users.
    I now have VoLTE on your Chinese mate 30 pro AN00 version. If you want to try this yourselves (no promises and no comebacks if you brick your device, use at your own risk and network depending). You need to download an app called Settings database editor from playstore or your own app store. See fig1 at the bottom.

You need to open the app and select global settings. Add a new key in the global settings, wfc_ims_enabled_0 with a value of 1 and the same value for wfc_ims_enabled_1 (for both sim card slots), save and then reboot your phone.

NOTE:
    You may be asked by the app for permissions to be changed by using an adb command It may require you to run "adb shell pm grant by4a.setedit22 android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS" on a computer. If so, just follow the instructions from the XDA thread discussing the Settings database editor app if you are in doubt about using ADB commands.

If you are on a VoLTE network you will now see the little VoLTE icon in the top left as in the attached screenshot. This setting was on my mate 20 and listed in another brands with VoLTE problems, so taken from those. see fig 2 with settings made.
    Also make sure the volte_vt_enabled flag is set to 1 while in the editor.

When you activate it in the menu, you may get the emergency phone request when it comes active on reboot of your phone, I just agreed or you won't be able to use VoLTE.

To be able to see the virtual HD call (increased audio clarity) button in phone,settings,more page, again, using the settings database editor, set hide_virtual_hd_voice_menu_settings to 0 from 1 (unhide), see img 3 and 4, you can then turn it on and off as needed.

To get a voice over WIFI (VoWIFI) shortcut I used this thread on XDA.
    https://xdaforums.com/mate-20-pro/how-to/how-to-activate-wifi-calling-mate-20-t3922060/amp/
    See fig 5 and 6
    Settings database editor, sorry, it's shortcut name when installed is setedit. Attached is a screenshot of the app on playstore
    You can see the 2 lines I added, the WiFi IMS lines. You may get the emergency phone request when it comes active on reboot.
    One note, I had to use as. To add a permission to edit but I cannot remember if it was the global or secure settings. If it says you cannot edit this table, go to the XDA page for the app and follow the add permission by adb section.

Let me know if you need anything else.. see attached.
    It says nothing in the download that would affect the VoLTE but I would advise to update to 195 first as you are on the AN00 Chinese version like me. Just check after the reboot before trying this routine.
    Have a Google hunt for the wifi_ims setting and you will see it is the right way to activate it.
    Yes it will be for a mate 20x (in your signature) I would think as this is only for us Chinese handset users on AN00 versions where VoLTE and VoWIFI has not been set as they don't use it in China.