[Q] Which ROM???

Which ROM would you pick for your Droid Charge?

• GummyCharged

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Tweaked

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Deodexed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infinity

• Other-Please mention

• Total voters
Search This thread

ibthevivin

Jan 12, 2012
So I finally gathered up the balls to flash my Droid with GummyCharged. It's pretty snappy. I like it except for minor glitches here and there but it was manageable. I searched online for more info about Gummy and I found that support for it has dropped.

My question is which ROM should I move my attention to next? I looked at Tweaked and Infinity, but I couldn't help but notice Deodexed/Eclipse.

It seems there's an equal amount of information on them but I couldn't really find any info about which one has the most support or which one is the obvious forerunner of the three.

So community, what is your opinion? What do you like best and why?

cnoevl21

Feb 26, 2010
OnePlus 8T
the only few worth ur time is tweaked, eclipse, or infinity. the others r all outdated and no longer updated. or the fp1 debloated but that isnt a custom rom really.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

Reactions: ibthevivin

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
There isn't really a forerunner. It's more about personal preference. Tweaked is the most customizable. Eclipse has a lot more apps replaced with their AOSP (Google) equivalents. Infinity is still a valid choice as well. I love the Infinity theme, but I personally have always had slowdowns and hotboots on it. It falls somewhere in between Tweaked and Eclipse...a good amount of customization as well as some AOSP app replacements.

I would run either Tweaked or Eclipse. I ran Eclipse from the time it was on version 1.1 up until Tweaked 2.0 came out, then I switched to Tweaked.

ibthevivin

Jan 12, 2012
Specify!

I think it would be appropriate for me to specify what exactly I'm looking for. Thanks for your response shrike. What I'm looking for is the least buggy, most responsive ROM that offers reasonable battery. Customizable features is nice but that's exactly a must.

So I see the poll is shooting towards Tweaked, so I guess I'll ask, is Tweaked the most appropriate ROM that will fulfill most of what I'm looking for, if not all?

And by AOSP, what do you mean Eclipse has AOSP equivalents? (Ignorant question lol). I read about it but I don't want to interpret what I've read incorrectly.

Thanks again!

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Nitro took the AOSP code from Google and compiled some of the apps for our this phone, and replaced a lot of the TouchWiz apps with the AOSP equivalents. If you want something closer to AOSP, then Eclipse is the closest we have (other than jt's unfinished CM9 port), but it is still TouchWiz at it's core.

From a stability standpoint, I've had zero stability problems with both Eclipse and Tweaked. Eclipse is farther from stock when you consider the apps and the look and feel. Tweaked is closer to stock from an app standpoint, but the framework has been more heavily modified to integrate the customizations (TSM Parts primarily).

Son of Cicero

Nov 10, 2011
I think it would be appropriate for me to specify what exactly I'm looking for. Thanks for your response shrike. What I'm looking for is the least buggy, most responsive ROM that offers reasonable battery. Customizable features is nice but that's exactly a must.

So I see the poll is shooting towards Tweaked, so I guess I'll ask, is Tweaked the most appropriate ROM that will fulfill most of what I'm looking for, if not all?

Based on what you're looking for, I'd recommend Eclipse. I'm currently using Tweaked because I like the statusbar customization options, but everyday I experience a few freezeups that persist until I get a hotboot or I pull the battery. I've reinstalled several times after going back to stock EP4, and I've gotten the freezeups after each new installation. This has been the case regardless of whether I'm on the stock FP1 kernel or the 0415 pbj kernel. I never had this issue with Eclipse.

Last edited:

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
Based on what you're looking for, I'd recommend Eclipse. I'm currently using Tweaked because I like the statusbar customization options, but everyday I experience a few freezeups that persist until I get a hotboot or I pull the battery. I've reinstalled several times after going back to stock EP4, and I've gotten the freezeups after each new installation. This has been the case regardless of whether I'm on the stock FP1 kernel or the 0415 pbj kernel. I never had this issue with Eclipse.

Sorry to hear the troubles - while the description here is a bit too vague for me to be of much help, would you mind PMing me some specifics? Plus if there is any regularity maybe you could get a logcat?

ibthevivin

Jan 12, 2012

I flashed Eclipse. I'm liking it a lot. So far so good! I had one interesting occurrence though, it prompted for a system update. I clicked on it to update (not expecting it to but just to see what happens) and nothing did happen. I know when I had my LG Revolution with Gingervolt on it, those system updates caused issues with rebooting and turning off. So far I have no issues, but should there be a concern for this? Other than that, I am pleased.

Thanks Nitro! and thanks to the rest of you all for your feedback. My phone is impressing the crowd and has taken a nice warm dump on my friend's iPhone. :p

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
I flashed Eclipse. I'm liking it a lot. So far so good! I had one interesting occurrence though, it prompted for a system update. I clicked on it to update (not expecting it to but just to see what happens) and nothing did happen. I know when I had my LG Revolution with Gingervolt on it, those system updates caused issues with rebooting and turning off. So far I have no issues, but should there be a concern for this? Other than that, I am pleased.

Thanks Nitro! and thanks to the rest of you all for your feedback. My phone is impressing the crowd and has taken a nice warm dump on my friend's iPhone. :p

If you keep getting update notifications, you can see this thread:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21207-stop-ota-notification/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the only few worth ur time is tweaked, eclipse, or infinity. the others r all outdated and no longer updated. or the fp1 debloated but that isnt a custom rom really.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA
    There isn't really a forerunner. It's more about personal preference. Tweaked is the most customizable. Eclipse has a lot more apps replaced with their AOSP (Google) equivalents. Infinity is still a valid choice as well. I love the Infinity theme, but I personally have always had slowdowns and hotboots on it. It falls somewhere in between Tweaked and Eclipse...a good amount of customization as well as some AOSP app replacements.

I would run either Tweaked or Eclipse. I ran Eclipse from the time it was on version 1.1 up until Tweaked 2.0 came out, then I switched to Tweaked.
    Nitro took the AOSP code from Google and compiled some of the apps for our this phone, and replaced a lot of the TouchWiz apps with the AOSP equivalents. If you want something closer to AOSP, then Eclipse is the closest we have (other than jt's unfinished CM9 port), but it is still TouchWiz at it's core.

From a stability standpoint, I've had zero stability problems with both Eclipse and Tweaked. Eclipse is farther from stock when you consider the apps and the look and feel. Tweaked is closer to stock from an app standpoint, but the framework has been more heavily modified to integrate the customizations (TSM Parts primarily).

If you keep getting update notifications, you can see this thread:
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21207-stop-ota-notification/