[ROM] [4.4.3] VanirAOSP [Official] [formerly ATOM] full-featured linaro+

Search This thread

Natef53

Sep 6, 2010
Boston
I was content with the muzzy rom that I had been running but curiosity got the best of me and I flashed this. It was a good choice, this thing is quick! The only thing I am not a huge fan of is the icon set. I have been searching around trying to figure out how to change it but cannot figure it out. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

tbis

Apr 27, 2010
I was content with the muzzy rom that I had been running but curiosity got the best of me and I flashed this. It was a good choice, this thing is quick! The only thing I am not a huge fan of is the icon set. I have been searching around trying to figure out how to change it but cannot figure it out. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Same and can't find navbar options

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

slyswine

Oct 11, 2009
For nav bar options go to settings-display-scroll down and should be there.

rasa92re

Sep 1, 2012
For nav bar options go to settings-display-scroll down and should be there.

I meant, is there a way to edit the application ring you get from holding down the home button in the Nav bar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
I couldn't have said it any better. This is a whole new speed demon of an animal. I am coming off linaro aokp and that was already pretty snappy. This might turn out to be my daily driver.

However, is there a way to customize navigation bar rings? Also, can I still quick reply a text if I don't choose ton respond as soon as I receive it, like in aokp? I am unable to find such a setting, if it does exist.

Thank you for the great development.

custom navigation bar rings was started and is awaiting runtime debugging. it will be added in at some point. i'm not sure i know what you mean about the quick text thing. can yiou explain a little better?

Reactions: Sheetzie03

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010

it should change when you flash a theme. or you could do it by hand if you have the motivation and found an icon set you like.

Reactions: Sheetzie03

vince7

May 20, 2012
After flashing this ROM no matter what I try I can't get the new gallery to view photosphere photos properly

ieAnd

Jul 23, 2010
This ROM is far from perfect; the various locations of custom settings is confusing IMHO, and I don't like the theming. Re: the theme though, I totally respect a ROM devs choice to theme his or her work however they want, especially when they're kind enough to then include the Theme Engine! However, I really dislike the reflective navButtons and strange icons-- Is there a way to change at least the navButtons back?
Also, bug: After changing my navButtons and saving changes, they don't take effect until I reboot.

But enough of the negative: the point of this post is to compliment you PrimeDirective on somehow crafting the by-far fastest and silky-smoothest ROM I have ever used on my Galaxy Nexus.
Thank you so, so much.

tbis

Apr 27, 2010
How do u get rid of the huge V1.11 in pulldown menu.

hlaalu

Nov 24, 2007
This ROM is far from perfect; the various locations of custom settings is confusing IMHO, and I don't like the theming. Re: the theme though, I totally respect a ROM devs choice to theme his or her work however they want, especially when they're kind enough to then include the Theme Engine! However, I really dislike the reflective navButtons and strange icons-- Is there a way to change at least the navButtons back?
Also, bug: After changing my navButtons and saving changes, they don't take effect until I reboot.

But enough of the negative: the point of this post is to compliment you PrimeDirective on somehow crafting the by-far fastest and silky-smoothest ROM I have ever used on my Galaxy Nexus.
Thank you so, so much.

You have to admit though, this rom is blazing fast. I do agree the various locations of the custom settings are confusing, but I guess they are where they "would" be if the settings were already in a stock rom. I'm still getting used to it. Prime is a hell of a nice guy too, very responsive and helpful to questions/concerns.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

How do u get rid of the huge V1.11 in pulldown menu.

I think I saw Prime post a mod in the rootz thread, I'll see if I can find it for you real fast..

Here you go: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/35925-rom-atom-v111-111/page__st__40#entry1010809

"Its notification_background.9.PNG in /drawable-xhdpi of systemui"

Last edited:
Reactions: tbis

trini.s2k

Dec 31, 2011

Thank you so, so much.

its confusing only cause its different thats all ull get use to it quick if u make it a daily

Reactions: bravac

rasa92re

Sep 1, 2012
custom navigation bar rings was started and is awaiting runtime debugging. it will be added in at some point. i'm not sure i know what you mean about the quick text thing. can yiou explain a little better?

Thank you for quick responses. I am happy to hear you are adding the bar rings.

In terms of quick message, before if message wasn't answered upon delivery, the text message icon would remain in the status bar. If I pulled down the drop down menu, it gave me the option of calling the sender or "quick reply". The quick reply option opened a small window with which to reply without leaving the foreground app. This means the text would haven't to be answered right away and you could still keep the icon up top to remind yourself. Sorry, if this doesn't make too much sense. Let me know if you'd like me to better describe the function.

Again, fantastic job with this stable and fast ROM, Prime directive.

teddyearp

Jul 27, 2009
ted.servepics.com
its confusing only cause its different thats all ull get use to it quick if u make it a daily

I'm sorry, but what language is this? Oh, never mind, I read it about four times and translated it to regular written English, but it gave me a headache doing so.
It's confusing only because it's different, that's all. You'll get used to it quickly if you make it a daily (driver[sic])
There, fixed it for you. And I'm sure this post of mine will get reported and/or deleted, so sorry folks (and especially trini.s2k); I couldn't help myself.

PrimeDirective, this looks promising, I will have to try it when I have enough time to do the total wipe and such, working for a living and having to support oneself really sucks sometimes (and I hate it when folks post this "I will try it soon" stuff like I just did), but I think I appreciate more the link in the OP to the site where you have been hosting this. Looks like a great group of folks with a great sense of humor. Hope you haven't bitten off more than you can chew by 'spreading your wings' to here and rootz.

Last edited:

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
You have to admit though, this rom is blazing fast. I do agree the various locations of the custom settings are confusing, but I guess they are where they "would" be if the settings were already in a stock rom. I'm still getting used to it. Prime is a hell of a nice guy too, very responsive and helpful to questions/concerns.

"

they aren't various locations. rom control is various locations. that's just what you'r eused to. all mine that involve display are under display. sound... well sound. in rom control there's display settings and under display there's display settings.

think of it as a streamlined UI that lends to the responsiveness. I thought the setup was pretty intuitive actually.

hlaalu

Nov 24, 2007
they aren't various locations. rom control is various locations. that's just what you'r eused to. all mine that involve display are under display. sound... well sound. in rom control there's display settings and under display there's display settings.

think of it as a streamlined UI that lends to the responsiveness. I thought the setup was pretty intuitive actually.

Oh I get it, I was trying to explain it to the other guy! Like in a stock ROM, all the display related settings would be under display, etc.

Sethnelson1

Dec 20, 2011
Fort Irwin
Very impressive ROM . I will say some of the user settings are a bit difficult to navigate but overall this is the best performing ROM I've ever used. Thanks prime directive for your hard work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the full release of my new ROM.

PLEASE READ:
    This AOSP is not limited to CM, Vanir, CNA, EOS, AOKP etc. you get the best of all of them.. custom tailored for the galaxy nexus (and nexus 7 soon). no bloat for other devices or unusable additions in the source. the benefit? less bugs and a more optimized experience. More major features will be added from your favorite roms as soon as i can port and improve on them. I will listen to requests but don't get offended if i put them on the back-burner or decide against including them.

Disclaimer: Because I'm using building using commits from every major repo in existence it may take a while to integrate some of the major features to my standards. I may release a stock AOKP feature as a beta until I have the chance to improve it but I'm not interested in band-aid fixing things or duck taping **** together just to get more crap under the features list and change log. Also, If you have questions or interest in building or joining vanirAOSP please message me on gtalk: activethrasher00@gmail.com and feel free to add me on google+

here is a link to the parent thread where you can view previous change logs and perhaps find an answer to a question

general features:
    vanir base: all features included, always the latest
    customized-for-speed launcher2
    optimized memory usage
    full GCC 4.8 linaro tool chain with optimized cflags & -O3
    current bug fixes and improvements from all major repos
    additional features not present in vanir
    attention to the details
    custom UI theming
    custom embedded beats 5.1 drivers
    louder volume
    multimedia enhancements
    A-GPS enhancements
    add removal
    T5UNAMI_SHOCK speed script
    improved performance settings
    custom browser tweaks
    fast torch
    toggles, nav bar, yatta yatta
    full Linaro optimizations (now following their gerrit)
    optimized networking
    quicker network tower connect on boot
    better multi-tab browsing
    major bloat removal
    email and exchange available in add-on packs
    LK

Issues:
    if you experience graphic rendering issues force 2D rendering in GPU via development options. fixed for next build.

notes:
    a lot of the features are hidden in the normal menus for a stock-ish look. look before you ask!

Instructions:
    download rom
    manually wipe (factory reset please unless you want issues)
    flash rom
    flash goo.IM or cm or whatever gapps
    PROFIT

Downloads:

ROM server

4) Droidth3ory's old wallpaper collection for nostalgia purposes only (credit masteraven, droidth3ory, whoever else)

Credit: Team Vanir, CM, AOKP, Linaro, EOS, all contributors to gerrit and github, anyone who puts out ROMs since seeing them evolve got me interested in developing. Everybody that's helped me learn how to do this. TravP & team (and all themers alike) for all the theming examples he's provided. And especially those that donate and support developers.

If you enjoy my work please consider a donation to help me afford new devices to develop for. Donation link.
    Untitledscr33nz.jpg
    V12 Release notes:

fixed bugs. fixed a LOT of bugs.
    java performance enhancements
    native code fixups/improvements
    enhanced pie functionality & speed
    fixed a ****-ton more memory leaks in the dalvik vm and around
    removed a lot of dead code from frameworks
    massive cleanup in settings.apk and systemUI
    unregistered some content resolvers to use less system resources
    added check to add media to mutestate (non-wifi devices only)
    fixed/removed wallpaper gradient in Launcher2 using navbar/statusbar transparency
    fixed up display metrics calculation for recents panel layout. perfection.
    fixed AOKP navbar: long-press home for navring inflation again!!
    added a blank spacer target in the navbar
    added vibration control to performance settings
    fixed NOOP on surface dithering
    removed boot animation sound capability until i implement a method to on/off and choose media
    recents layout finished.
    returned back to monster CFLAG setup from v9.. ahh much better
    fixed up some confusing strings
    fixed autobrightness not storing the right value if you move the slider below the previously defined lowest limit
    removed a lot of dead/useless code
    fixed random soft keys showing up in lockscreen navbar
    fixed IME back key showing up in lockscreen if the keyboard is up
    added a sweet tits new icon to vanir actions
    removed statusbar clock .. but only when a clock widget was added
    seriously tired of typing this so im' just going to stop
    fixed GPS (thanks akellar)
    oh, and duece is back for a visit
    running a 4.3 build on my N7 right now.

should have a public beta very soon.
    sorry about the lack of presence. my wifi card died and **** got crazy at work. there will be a new release when 4.3 settles and i get a chance to look things over