Is LG losing credibility again?

Search This thread

mike01nl

Oct 18, 2013
Lg is dragging its feet on getting KITKAT out to the owners of simfree International versions of the LG G2...it seems all to familiar to owners of earlier promising LG handsets. KitKat does exist or our phones....so why do we not have it?
LG has THE WORST reputation for updates and it is proving that this reputation is deserved. I really do not understand why a company that is leading edge in all areas of Android development does not seem to understand that late deployment of updates HARMS its reputation and loose sales!

The KitKat firmware is there, put it on the servers!!!!!
People choose to trust LG by buying the phone simfree, so reward us with the quickest updates!

This Phone has done much to restore faith in LG and this dilly dallying is damaging the image turn around the G2 allowed.

What do other readers think? Is LG again reverting to type and deliberately avoiding updating Phones? LG works so closely with Google at the moment that there really is no excuse for being so late....Q1 is rapidly ending and they NEED to get this sorted TODAY!

Last edited:

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
Sorry to burst your bubble but you'll be seriously disappointed with Kit Kat. It's not some groundbreaking update. TBH, it's just the need to have the latest and greatest, objectively this phone runs just as great with JB as it does with KK. Whoever says differently is fooling himself.

So sit back, relax, enjoy probably the best phone out there and stop counting down the days.

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
What i want to know is how you can put a [Q] before your thread title and think it's still ok to post in General and not you know... Questions and Answers section?!

But to answer your question the update is coming you can do it manually or just wait the real problem is the awful audio bug in Kitkat and the lack of an official response on what they are doing about it.

mike01nl

Oct 18, 2013
oke! that is probably very good advice. So i will take it. Thank you for the reply, appreciated.

BackDaws

Oct 19, 2011
England
What about his spelling? Any mistakes?

I agree I'm not impressed with lg, the phone is great but god this update is dragging ?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

BackDaws

Oct 19, 2011
England
I shouldn't have to do it manually and tbh there isn't a uk version to download and after listening to all the whinging because people have put different regions on their phones I'll have wait.

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
There is a Eur Open rom and chances are that will be the EXACT file we get as an update. I haven't seen much whinging about putting different region roms on phones unless you mean putting D805 on a D802 etc which i wouldn't recommend anyway...

koahhe

Jun 15, 2011
Sorry to burst your bubble but you'll be seriously disappointed with Kit Kat. It's not some groundbreaking update. TBH, it's just the need to have the latest and greatest, objectively this phone runs just as great with JB as it does with KK. Whoever says differently is fooling himself.

So sit back, relax, enjoy probably the best phone out there and stop counting down the days.

Well said. Had KK on my G2 for a few days but i will struggle to name just 3 things that are better now than before. To be honest I had to search online to find out whats new in KK because everything looks and behaves exactly the same. Relax people and enjoy your phone, you'll forget about KK in one hour after you have it installed.

Jooosty

Nov 26, 2011
Typing this on my KK updated LG G2 ... its really not that different haha

Sent from the LG G2

sanke1

Apr 8, 2012
Mumbai
I for one wouldn't want the KitKat update till the horrible "crackling/hissing in earphone" bug is fixed. I am fine with stock 4.2.2 and the best part is I can flash Philz touch recovery and install Mahdi's competent 4.4.2 rom.

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
There are posts like this in almost every device forum during new android version rollouts. LG has released Kitkat ahead of its original schedule, your carrier is just dragging its feet.

slayer3032

May 23, 2013
Lg is dragging its feet on getting KITKAT out to the owners of simfree International versions of the LG G2...it seems all to familiar to owners of earlier promising LG handsets. KitKat does exist or our phones....so why do we not have it?
LG has THE WORST reputation for updates and it is proving that this reputation is deserved. I really do not understand why a company that is leading edge in all areas of Android development does not seem to understand that late deployment of updates HARMS its reputation and loose sales!

People choose to trust LG by buying the phone simfree, so reward us with the quickest updates!

This Phone has done much to restore faith in LG and this dilly dallying is damaging the image turn around the G2 allowed.

What do other readers think? Is LG again reverting to type and deliberately avoiding updating Phones? LG works so closely with Google at the moment that there really is no excuse for being so late....Q1 is rapidly ending and they NEED to get this sorted TODAY!

Sorry to burst your bubble but LG already released all the Kitkat sources, it's now up to your provider or regional office. So if you want to file a complaint which it seems to be the UK region device, maybe you should go ***** at LG UK for being incompetent.

LG is a huge company, in overall comparison their phone divisions are very small. Someone at LG has obviously taken notice that they have a lot of potential and have been working extremely hard at transforming the LG brand of phones into something which rivals the current market giants. If you said a year ago that LG would be updating phones and would have the best phones on the market(G2/G Pro 2) everyone would laugh at you.

LG is going through a lot of expansion and maturing, you honestly can't expect for them to be on HTC/Samsung/Moto/Sony tier as up until 6 months ago the only decent phone they ever really made and supported was the Nexus 4 which is only the former. Give them another year, the G3 and another reiteration of flagship phones and they could really be on par. However until then there's still going to be plenty of teething issues since they've just finally entered the big boys market.

mike01nl

Oct 18, 2013
Sorry to burst your bubble but LG already released all the Kitkat sources, it's now up to your provider or regional office. So if you want to file a complaint which it seems to be the UK region device, maybe you should go ***** at LG UK for being incompetent.

LG is a huge company, in overall comparison their phone divisions are very small. Someone at LG has obviously taken notice that they have a lot of potential and have been working extremely hard at transforming the LG brand of phones into something which rivals the current market giants. If you said a year ago that LG would be updating phones and would have the best phones on the market(G2/G Pro 2) everyone would laugh at you.

LG is going through a lot of expansion and maturing, you honestly can't expect for them to be on HTC/Samsung/Moto/Sony tier as up until 6 months ago the only decent phone they ever really made and supported was the Nexus 4 which is only the former. Give them another year, the G3 and another reiteration of flagship phones and they could really be on par. However until then there's still going to be plenty of teething issues since they've just finally entered the big boys market.

ALL very good points i will consider thinking before complaining next time!

frankbald

Jan 10, 2011
Grottaferrata
I completely agree with you and I find the answer "KK is really the same as JB" really stupid, first of all it's not true, there are useful things introduced with KK and above all LG needs to fix a lot of bugs on this phone, so every update is welcome. Then the first reason I'm angry at LG is that the Korean version of the G2 got KK on december, and except little differences like the micro SD expansion card it's the same phone as in the rest of the world. And so LG needed 4 months to adapt it to the international version? Really? A big company like LG needs 4 months adapt a update for an identical phone? And then when the release finally arrives it's like this, someone a month earlier, someone like me (32 GB European version) still not, without any reason. After a Nexus One and a Nexus 4 I gave a chance to LG, but I think it'll be the last and only time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What i want to know is how you can put a [Q] before your thread title and think it's still ok to post in General and not you know... Questions and Answers section?!

But to answer your question the update is coming you can do it manually or just wait the real problem is the awful audio bug in Kitkat and the lack of an official response on what they are doing about it.