[XAP][Source] DHT Font Change for Windows Phone

Search This thread

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
DHTFontChange.png

Hi everyone hope to have a nice day .
as you may know finally our friends get able to change Windows 10 Mobile system font and some users told this trick works on Windows Phone 8.1 too .
we surely want to make things easier for you So DHT group (Dormant Hackers Team [me , @djamol and @vcfan]) get a simple app ready for you to change your phone font much easier by tapping on a button and select your font .
It's really easy to use this app :
1 . deploy this app using Windows Phone 8.1 SDK (maybe you can install it using WP8.0 sdk too) .
2 . Run this app on your phone . (it is only works with Nokia / Microsoft phones at this time because of using Nokia RPC specific classes)
3 . tap on select font button and choose any .ttf font you want . (hey be careful you have to first change font properties , if you don't know how I will tell you how to do that in the posts below )
4 . if you see (NGame) or (NGame2) message box it means you are done .
(if you see NGame message it means now you have a font in C:\Windows\Fonts with ngame.ttf name and we set this font in registry .
if you get NGame2 message it means now you have a font in C:\Windows\Fonts with ngame2.ttf name and we set this font in registry .)

See the Persian Post here :
http://wincare.ir/تغییر-فونت-گوشی-های-ویندوز-فون-۸-با-dht-font-change

Attentions :
1 - USE THIS APP ON YOUR OWN RISK . WE TEST THIS APP BUT MAYBE THERE'S SOME UNKNOWN BUGS . (THIS IS FIRST PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE)
2 - IF YOU FORGET TO CHANGE THE FONT PROPERTIES YOU WILL GET A BOOT LOOP AND YOU NEED A HARD RESET OR MAYBE FLASH BACK TO 8.1

KNOWN BUGS :
Sometimes maybe app crashes at the start up , Do not try to run app anymore first reboot your phone and then try again

Change Log :
V0.1 :
- Public Test Version for Windows 10 Mobile Only (LUMIA Only)
V0.2 :
- Added Support for Windows Phone 8.1 (Test ATIV Family Support)
Guys who have ATIV Phone please run this app . if you see this message at the application startup please let me know :
Samsung RPC is Now running Please report us if you see this message.
if you see this message it means my code working on your phone (but not working on my phone ! I don't know why?) so if you see this message please let me know to complete support of ATIV family

Screen Shots :
wp_ss_20150902_00061.png

wp_ss_20150902_0007.png

Application Specifications :
TRUETYPE (TTF) fonts support for setting them as default font .
ability to return your device font into default Segoe UI font .

What we are looking for to do :
We are looking for some way to edit fonts first and then place them in the fonts folder .

Credits :
- Developed by NGame (me)
-Thanks to @VCReg for NOKIA RPC
-Thanks to @djamol for Interop Unlocking guide for LUMIA and Samsung phones in windows 10
-Thanks @denisf1981 for make the font change registry hack public .
-Thanks NOKIA / MICROSOFT for Silent Installer :D without silent installer my app weren't worked :D
-Thanks @Jazzpherr for Windows Phone 8.1 registry keys to set , and default values .

Attachments

• FontChange_Release_ARM.xap
    291.7 KB · Views: 29,333
  • FontChange_Release_ARM_v0.2.xap
    306.7 KB · Views: 26,394
  • FontChange.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 19,118
Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
F.A.Q :
Is this app working on Windows Phone 8.1 too ?
Yes , you must use at least DHT FontChange v0.2 . v0.1 is only works on W10 Mobile .
----------------------------------------------------------
Is this app works on Developer Unlocked phones ?
No you must have the Interop Unlock + Capability Unlock
Is this app working on ATIV S or other ATIV Phones ?
Not Now , but I'm working on it .

Last edited:
Reactions: pdaimatejam

Riyad_

Jan 23, 2015
Chittagong
DHTFontChange.png

as you may know finally our friends get able to change Windows 10 Mobile system font and some users told this trick works on Windows Phone 8.1 too .
we surely want to make things easier for you So DHT group (Dormant Hackers Team [me , @djamol and @vcfan]) get a simple app ready for you to change your phone font much easier by tapping on a button and select your font .
1 . deploy this app using Windows Phone 8.1 SDK (maybe you can install it using WP8.0 sdk too) .
2 . Run this app on your phone . (it is only works with Nokia / Microsoft phones at this time because of using Nokia RPC specific classes)
3 . tap on select font button and choose any .ttf font you want . (hey be careful you have to first change font properties , if you don't know how I will tell you how to do that in the posts below )
(if you see NGame message it means now you have a font in C:\Windows\Fonts with ngame.ttf name and we set this font in registry .
if you get NGame2 message it means now you have a font in C:\Windows\Fonts with ngame2.ttf name and we set this font in registry .)

Attentions :
1 - USE THIS APP ON YOUR OWN RISK . WE TEST THIS APP BUT MAYBE THERE'S SOME UNKNOWN BUGS . (THIS IS FIRST PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE)
2 - IF YOU FORGET TO CHANGE THE FONT PROPERTIES YOU WILL GET A BOOT LOOP AND YOU NEED A HARD RESET OR MAYBE FLASH BACK TO 8.1

KNOWN BUGS :
Sometimes maybe app crashes at the start up , Do not try to run app anymore first reboot your phone and then try again

Screen Shots :
wp_ss_20150902_00061.png

wp_ss_20150902_0007.png

We are looking for some way to edit fonts first and then place them in the fonts folder .

Credits :
-Thanks to @djamol for Interop Unlocking guide for LUMIA and Samsung phones in windows 10
-Thanks NOKIA / MICROSOFT for Silent Installer :D without silent installer my app weren't worked :D

Is it work with wp8.1 .??? i tried so many times but failed..it is just changing my Custom lockscreen fonts...

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Is it work with wp8.1 .??? i tried so many times but failed..it is just changing my Custom lockscreen fonts...

Hi first of all please do not QUOTE long posts specifically OP .
I didn't test it yet on wp8.1 but if app returns an Error while setting font please let me know the error message

foxhroma

Mar 6, 2012
Ufa
Nokia Lumia 535 W8.1 Interop Unlock : ✔ Cap Unlock : ✔
I click Font button then select font and set default then i see message NGame
if you see NGame message it means now you have a font in C:\Windows\Fonts with ngame.ttf name and we set this font in registry . (what it's mean?) font is not changed

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Nice job ;)
Pleas add a reboot button to your app.
And if it's possible, add a text box to preview selected fonts before apply.

I didn't found any module to reboot LUMIA phones , I know how to do that on ATIV but don't know about lumia .
Preview TextBox is a good idea . I will try to do that in next versions .
keep your ideas coming

Reactions: Leo_zodiac

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Nokia Lumia 535 W8.1 Interop Unlock : ✔ Cap Unlock : ✔
I click Font button then select font and set default then i see message NGame
if you see NGame message it means now you have a font in C:\Windows\Fonts with ngame.ttf name and we set this font in registry . (what it's mean?) font is not changed

Yes , as LEO said after selecting font and getting NGame or NGame2 message you have to reboot your phone .
set default button will revert your font to Windows Phone default .

foxhroma

Mar 6, 2012
Ufa
app intalled at phone
open app-select font (i choose (mistral.TTF from sd)) then i see message NGame (but at background i see resuming), i pressed Ok, then i see another one message NGame,i also pressed OK, then rebbot my phone but font is not changed.

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
app intalled at phone
open app-select font (i choose (mistral.TTF from sd)) then i see message NGame (but at background i see resuming), i pressed Ok, then i see another one message NGame,i also pressed OK, then rebbot my phone but font is not changed.

so maybe not working on wp8.1 .
I am working for ATIV series now if I get success finally I will try it on my ATIV wit wp8.1

I know about that but doubt about working on wp 8 , 8.1 or 10.
شک دارم رو نسخه های فعلی ویندوز فون کار کنه .

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
OK Guys can accept this app won't work on Windows Phone 8.1
@Jazzpherr tell me in Private message the registry keys for WP8.1 .
I will upgrade the app for Lumia phones with WP8.1 support . I don't know why I can't Initialize RPCComponent in ATIV Phones .
@-W_O_L_F- do you know ? I get this error :
Requested Windows Runtime type 'RPCComponent.CRPCComponent' is not registered.

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
FontChange V0.2 released and added to the OP .
application now supports WP8.1 (Not tested yet I need someone to test)
changed name to DHT FontChange
and now I include ATIV RPC components . ATIV users try to deploy this app . if you see "Samsung RPC is Now running Please report us if you see this message." or any error messages please let me know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DHTFontChange.png

Attentions :

KNOWN BUGS :

Change Log :
    V0.1 :
    - Public Test Version for Windows 10 Mobile Only (LUMIA Only)
    V0.2 :
    - Added Support for Windows Phone 8.1 (Test ATIV Family Support)
    Guys who have ATIV Phone please run this app . if you see this message at the application startup please let me know :
    Samsung RPC is Now running Please report us if you see this message.
    if you see this message it means my code working on your phone (but not working on my phone ! I don't know why?) so if you see this message please let me know to complete support of ATIV family

Screen Shots :
    wp_ss_20150902_00061.png

wp_ss_20150902_0007.png

Credits :
    -Thanks @Jazzpherr for Windows Phone 8.1 registry keys to set , and default values .
    Find edited fonts, how to edit fonts and manual way to this hack in the thread below :
    http://xdaforums.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile/tutorial-changing-font-buxton-sketch-t3190124
    Find some edited Persian Fonts and Persian TUT for using this application in this web site :
    http://wincare.ir/تغییر-فونت-گوشی-های-ویندوز-فون-۸-با-dht-font-change/
    FontChange V0.2 released and added to the OP .
    application now supports WP8.1 (Not tested yet I need someone to test)
    changed name to DHT FontChange
    and now I include ATIV RPC components . ATIV users try to deploy this app . if you see "Samsung RPC is Now running Please report us if you see this message." or any error messages please let me know
    ok guys . the new version of DHT FontChange is now available with Full Windows Phone 8.1 Support and Test ATIV Family support but I don't know why I weren't able to reset ATIV phones because the exception in RPCComponent !
    after you set the new font really strange ! you can't use any of your hardware buttons ! only touch screen is responsible !
    so you have to reset your phone with holding Vol down + Power keys !
    on ATIV phones you can't select a new font while you are using a modified font . you have to first select default font then select another one .
    (I can say shorter : Lots of unknown bugs on ATIV Phones but it is working)
    I will not attach this version to OP because of so many bugs on ATIV family .
    Test it on ativ phones on your own risk .
    F.A.Q :
    Is this app working on Windows Phone 8.1 too ?
    Yes , you must use at least DHT FontChange v0.2 . v0.1 is only works on W10 Mobile .
    Is this app works on Developer Unlocked phones ?
    No you must have the Interop Unlock + Capability Unlock
    Is this app working on ATIV S or other ATIV Phones ?
    Not Now , but I'm working on it .