[BASEBAND] [RIL] Telcel CMW Modem and RIL UBELL1

Search This thread

MrFhenix

ALOHA My FRIENDS This is my first CWM Flashable file so Be Gentile
(moderators i will post this in spanish and english for the benefit of the Spanish Speaking community :)

English: Black Font
Español: Red Font

***WARNING THERE IS A Known BUG that for some REASON PDA XXELLA
is not Very friendly with Latin american basebands and
Signal Bands so if you have ELLA PDA flash at your own risk***

**** Advertencia Existe un Bug medio chistoso con los ROMS basados en
el PDA: XXELLA que no se lleva muy bien con los modems de latino america asi que flashealo a tu propio riesgo****

This is Based by the original Idea and Flash file From /
este archivo es una modificacion e idea original de kamalmawa

This is only for the ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 International version
"No other Device has been tested"
*** FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Este Flashable es para el Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooteado version internacional i9300
( no se a probado en otros aparatos) flashearlo bajo tu propio riesgo

This is the BASEBAND/MODEM and RIL from the latest TELCEL ROM (UBELL6)

Este es el MODEM y el RIL Mas Actualizado de la ultima version del ROM de Telcel UBELL6

You know the drill Download the Attached Zip file,
put it on your SD Card,
Boot to CWM (or what ever version you have of Recovery Boot)
Install Zip from SD and Reboot
No need to delete Dalvik nor cache

I will be posting the Extracted Telcel CSC folder and files from that same ROM
that i have modified to have HD voice and No BLOAT ware installation

Ya saben como hacerlo Bajen el archivo adjunto
ponerlo en su tarjeta de memoria
bootear a CWM e instalar el archivo desde la tarjeta y rebooten
no hay necesidad de borrar el dalvik ni el cache

Proximamente posteare el CSC de telcel modificado para no installar programas de telcel
y que tenga AMR habilitado o VOZ HD

IF THIS HELPS YOUR SIGNAL PROBLEMS Hit the THANKS BUTTON :) PICALE AL DE GRACIAS si te ayude en algo :)

Attachments

• modem_RIL_TCE_I9300UBELL1.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 2,442
Last edited:

MrFhenix

thanks for your work but why not post it in a thread that is already collecting those flashable baseband & ril zips?

for instance here or here

I had to use a Separate thread cause its a "Specific carrier that not so many Users will download so Why mixx it with all the UNIVERSAL ONES""

Besides Being the Largest Carrier in mexico it uses it specific Ril and Base band configuration / This particular Modem i am not sure it will work with Any other carrier so Why Mix it and Risk some one flashing it by mistake :)

And If you Search you will get NO one doing this for TELCEL MEXICO.. ok ?? GREAT

Last edited:

kamalmawa

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne
It may be pretty much the same, as far as I can see, but this one was extracted directly from TELCEL's ROM, so I would think it is branded for our Mexican carrier, being that just my best guess.

Doesn't matter which ROM you extracted from If the MD5 is the same that means nothing changed... They don't change the RILs for specific carrier... Only for deferent modems.. In fact sometimes they use the same RILs different modems

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
If the MD5 is the same that means nothing changed.. doesn't matter which ROM you extracted from... They don't change the RILs for specific carrier... Only for deferent modems.. In fact sometimes they use the same RILs different modems

So there is your answer, it is the same, which makes sense, since both modems (the one for your post, and this one) are for latinamerican carriers, the main difference would be for us final users, who do not have your technical skills, to have them compared, so it must be a feeling safe sense, to flash the modem extracted fron our carrier, that would be the final, and may be the must important difference.

MrFhenix

Doesn't matter which ROM you extracted from If the MD5 is the same that means nothing changed... They don't change the RILs for specific carrier... Only for deferent modems.. In fact sometimes they use the same RILs different modems

actually Mr kamawala I have to disagree it can have the same RIL but the actual modem can be optimized differently for what ever the carrier needs you can see the size difference from your file and mine telcel modem . bin is much smaller in size I invite you to download it and compare them your self :thumbup:
cheerios :D
by the way thanks for your thread
salutations

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360744054198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360744054198.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 148

kamalmawa

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne
actually Mr kamawala I have to disagree it can have the same RIL but the actual modem can be optimized differently for what ever the carrier needs you can see the size difference from your file and mine telcel modem . bin is much smaller in size I invite you to download it and compare them your self :thumbup:
cheerios :D
by the way thanks for your thread
salutations

What you compared is two zip files which contains the modem.bin.. the zip file you edited just compressed bit more than what I originally posted probably due to different programs we both used.. Look at the screen shot below it's the same modem.bin file with same size, same modified date and same MD5...

Attachments

• modem_Compare.jpg
    modem_Compare.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 134

arcaneck

Jul 12, 2011
puebla
Qué onda yo estoy usando últimamente omega rom v42 y desde la versión 39 he notado que mi servicio de Internet telcel estaba muy lento y que muy seguido me quedaba sin señal y realmente no sabía porque, hice wipe y volví a instalar todo y he actualizado para ver si se resolvía, pero lo, seguía igual, así que acabo de instalar este tweak y ya les contaré si noto una mejora en el servicio de Internet y señal.

Saludos

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

alankstiyo

Sep 15, 2009
Buried deep inside my mind
Qué onda yo estoy usando últimamente omega rom v42 y desde la versión 39 he notado que mi servicio de Internet telcel estaba muy lento y que muy seguido me quedaba sin señal y realmente no sabía porque, hice wipe y volví a instalar todo y he actualizado para ver si se resolvía, pero lo, seguía igual, así que acabo de instalar este tweak y ya les contaré si noto una mejora en el servicio de Internet y señal.

Saludos

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Telcel sucks, that´s the only reason, in Puebla I had no more than 2mb, in Guadalajara between 1 and 1.5mb, and been using european roms for quite a while, can´t tell you now cause I´m in the US with no data plan, went for an iphone 5 and got over 12mb in 3g

what I recommend you is using any euro rom without considering the modem and keep it, and take your phone to telcel and tell them they suck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ALOHA My FRIENDS This is my first CWM Flashable file so Be Gentile
    (moderators i will post this in spanish and english for the benefit of the Spanish Speaking community :)

English: Black Font
    Español: Red Font

***WARNING THERE IS A Known BUG that for some REASON PDA XXELLA
    is not Very friendly with Latin american basebands and
    Signal Bands so if you have ELLA PDA flash at your own risk***

**** Advertencia Existe un Bug medio chistoso con los ROMS basados en
    el PDA: XXELLA que no se lleva muy bien con los modems de latino america asi que flashealo a tu propio riesgo****

This is Based by the original Idea and Flash file From /
    este archivo es una modificacion e idea original de kamalmawa

This is only for the ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 International version
    "No other Device has been tested"
    *** FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Este Flashable es para el Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooteado version internacional i9300
    ( no se a probado en otros aparatos) flashearlo bajo tu propio riesgo

This is the BASEBAND/MODEM and RIL from the latest TELCEL ROM (UBELL6)

Este es el MODEM y el RIL Mas Actualizado de la ultima version del ROM de Telcel UBELL6

You know the drill Download the Attached Zip file,
    put it on your SD Card,
    Boot to CWM (or what ever version you have of Recovery Boot)
    Install Zip from SD and Reboot
    No need to delete Dalvik nor cache

I will be posting the Extracted Telcel CSC folder and files from that same ROM
    that i have modified to have HD voice and No BLOAT ware installation

Ya saben como hacerlo Bajen el archivo adjunto
    ponerlo en su tarjeta de memoria
    bootear a CWM e instalar el archivo desde la tarjeta y rebooten
    no hay necesidad de borrar el dalvik ni el cache

Proximamente posteare el CSC de telcel modificado para no installar programas de telcel
    y que tenga AMR habilitado o VOZ HD

IF THIS HELPS YOUR SIGNAL PROBLEMS Hit the THANKS BUTTON :) PICALE AL DE GRACIAS si te ayude en algo :)
    So far so good installed on 4.1.2 ELLA, Philz Touch Recovery 4.35 and Perseus 30/01 Kernel, better connection, with ELLA modem it took ages to connect a call, now it is a really quick connection, keep up the good work, thanks a lot!:good: