[Q] Asus tf700t lost powere while wiping data

Search This thread

thejesusbr

Jun 2, 2014
Helo, guys.

I need some help from the great guys from this community. I have an Asus TF700t successfully flashed with CM11 and CWR. It has functioning very well from one year now, but the stock ROM was slow. Then, I decided to try CM and it practically rebirthed. The performance, even without overclock was great. Then, I made a very dumb thing... I was showing a friend the the Android Device Manager app and in a total lack of attention, I hit the erase option. When I noted, it was too late. Not a big deal, since I had a backup, I thought. But... the poor thing was low in battery and went dry while wiping the data! I put it in the charger. Apparently, it was continuing to wipe the data, but it took nearly 2 hours doing it. Then it shut out and when I turned it on again, it doesn't boot anymore. I can access the bootloader, but it stucks in that little android with a spinning thing in the belly. I also tried enter in CW recovery mode, but it seemed gone. Then, I tried to re-flash it the same way I did before, but it not worked... The flashboot shows the data uploading, but then it stucks and when I reboot, it comes back to that little android. If I try a normal boot from the bootloader, it stucks in the CM animation. I don't know what to do now... I wonder if it bricked it... There are some way to recover the poor thing?

Recapitulating I can access it via adb and fastboot, CW not working though.

Thank you for the attention!

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Helo, guys.

I need some help from the great guys from this community. I have an Asus TF700t successfully flashed with CM11 and CWR. It has functioning very well from one year now, but the stock ROM was slow. Then, I decided to try CM and it practically rebirthed. The performance, even without overclock was great. Then, I made a very dumb thing... I was showing a friend the the Android Device Manager app and in a total lack of attention, I hit the erase option. When I noted, it was too late. Not a big deal, since I had a backup, I thought. But... the poor thing was low in battery and went dry while wiping the data! I put it in the charger. Apparently, it was continuing to wipe the data, but it took nearly 2 hours doing it. Then it shut out and when I turned it on again, it doesn't boot anymore. I can access the bootloader, but it stucks in that little android with a spinning thing in the belly. I also tried enter in CW recovery mode, but it seemed gone. Then, I tried to re-flash it the same way I did before, but it not worked... The flashboot shows the data uploading, but then it stucks and when I reboot, it comes back to that little android. If I try a normal boot from the bootloader, it stucks in the CM animation. I don't know what to do now... I wonder if it bricked it... There are some way to recover the poor thing?

First of all, I believed that your device reinstalled the Asus stock firmware because the little android with a spinning circle is the stock recovery...:) It is the reason that you could not access CWM. If you still have a fastboot, you may want to try flash the CWM again but you don't interrupt the process until it is done. You may want to plug your AC in and leave it until the flashing process is completed. It is a good idea to leave it over night and check it when you wake up in the morning with your AC plug in, good luck....:fingers-crossed:

Reactions: thejesusbr

thejesusbr

Jun 2, 2014
First of all, I believed that your device reinstalled the Asus stock firmware because the little android with a spinning circle is the stock recovery...:) It is the reason that you could not access CWM. If you still have a fastboot, you may want to try flash the CWM again but you don't interrupt the process until it is done. You may want to plug your AC in and leave it until the flashing process is completed. It is a good idea to leave it over night and check it when you wake up in the morning with your AC plug in, good luck....:fingers-crossed:

Thank you, worked like a charm. A pity that original recovery, it don't give you any clue of what's happening... Today I woke up with a new operational tablet. I just lost all my data, though... But I have backup, so, not big deal.

SOLVED

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Helo, guys.