Flashable File manager( ES Explorer)

Search This thread

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
You could always download one from the market.

Or use 7-zip to open another ROM.zip, system/app and pull it out. Then use 7-zip again to unzip AOKP, put the file manager into system/app, rezip it and then flash it.

File managers are freely available. Is there a reason why you can't get one from the market. No SIM or WIFI access, maybe?

Reactions: alias503

alias503

Jun 20, 2011
L.I.T.H.
thank you

OP-thank you.

Many timse now I have flashed on the run. Some times I am on limited data or in a no coverage area. And then the times I don't want to install gapps.... yes... this is very useful.

@woodrube- thanks for the tip on the 7zip trick... I don't know why but I never thought about that. I extract stuff like that all the time... I feel stupid not thinking of that. That will be most use full next time I pan fry bacon. :) thank you. :highfive:

blizzardproof

Jul 2, 2012
Sherman
Xplore is a pretty good file manager. Its user interface us really great for copying files and stuff

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

alias503

Jun 20, 2011
L.I.T.H.
The easiest way is to open a rom zip file with 7zip and simply drag your favorite file manager to to /system/app/ folder.

Or you can use this premade flashable zip file and put in your own apks to flash: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572962

Thank you for linkng that . Just took a look at that. I am going to check this out later. I am on the galaxy s3 (T-Mobile US) and a lot of things that I use to do in dsixda's Android Kitchen I have to find new ways for.

pan.droid

Oct 28, 2010
Portland
Ok..Here it is flashable "ES Explorer". Might be useful for someone else also

Note : If it's illegal to do this then then just delete the post

i found this quite helpful. i use wifi to connect to the market and having a file explorer from the get-go helps me enter my wifi credentials through a text file vs having to manually enter ridiculously complicated passwords by hand. not to mention my google account credentials. thanks

Sturdy_99

Apr 7, 2012
Pune

Do you know how this helped me...
I have installed ported android l n my cell and there is a bug that we cant install apps. So i flashed this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The easiest way is to open a rom zip file with 7zip and simply drag your favorite file manager to to /system/app/ folder.

Or you can use this premade flashable zip file and put in your own apks to flash: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572962
    I need flash able zip...some roms does not include any file manager.. like aokp

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    You could always download one from the market.

Or use 7-zip to open another ROM.zip, system/app and pull it out. Then use 7-zip again to unzip AOKP, put the file manager into system/app, rezip it and then flash it.

File managers are freely available. Is there a reason why you can't get one from the market. No SIM or WIFI access, maybe?