developer mode/USB debug enabling, ADB device offline/S-off in 4.4.2

Search This thread

ctiger

Oct 22, 2008
Sorry if this is mentioned before, but I can't find it and I just couldn't find how to enable USB debug, I remember it was there before, but the new KK, I just can't find it. I guess I'm the dumbest around, but it was hidden in the settings>about>software information>more, then you'll have to hit one of the item in the 'more' menu several times, and there will be a popup to tell you that you need to hit more, and finally it will say you are a developer now. Then in the settings, there will be a 'developer option'.
I know this isn't new at all, but I just figured it out, hope someone can use this information too.
Also, took me some time to figure out how to get the ADB to work so I get use the firewater. I have two different ADB, but both version is not the latest, it has to be 1.0.31 or later, I think for the ADB to work with the 4.4.2. After two days updating the ADT, and tens of tries of the ADB commands, finally I was able to get my phone s-off, or at least the firewater said so. What a long journey!

Last edited:

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
settings>about>software information>more>tap build number 7 or more times