Search This thread

dhiru1602

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010

What is NamelessROM?

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

What is NamelessROM ?
Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own.
Visit our website for more detailed information.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are looking for Device Maintainers to expand our support, please visit our IRC channel or PM @Evisceration, or @dhiru1602 for information.

Disclaimer
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
*/

Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot
Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
Optionally you can also use our own OTA Updater

Contributions and Credit

• Android/Google/AOSP
  • AOKP
  • AOSPA
  • CyanogenMod
  • OmniROM
  • SlimROMs
  • ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

Downloads

Last edited:

dhiru1602

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010

Attachments

• 20141114_061619.jpg
    20141114_061619.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 115,784
  • 20141114_061700.jpg
    20141114_061700.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 113,521
  • Screenshot_2014-11-14-06-12-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-14-06-12-26.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 114,422
  • Screenshot_2014-11-14-06-12-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-14-06-12-58.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 110,290
  • Screenshot_2014-11-14-06-13-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-14-06-13-06.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 109,101
  • Screenshot_2014-11-14-06-13-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-14-06-13-41.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 100,489
  • Screenshot_2014-11-14-08-08-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-14-08-08-50.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 104,288
Last edited:

rascal0pl

Dec 20, 2008
PS, is it only me, or it is not booting?
I had identical situation on 4.4.4. I had to flash agni kernel.
But there is no agni for 5.0 yet
I'm on ext4.

Mostafa Wael

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 11, 2013
Gotham
does arter97 kernel v4.0-beta1 supports this awesome ROM?
BTW it supports the Alpha CM12 that is done by JustArchi, arter97 and Moster 2
does it supports it also?

Big Big thanks for @dhiru1602 for providing android 5.0 daily driver :good:
downloading right now...

Last edited:

puppynaz

Mar 3, 2012
Mumbai
Hahaha Dheeraj, you did it! :D
Kudos, bro! :)

Been following your builds since the stoneage CM9 for Galaxy SL days and now this!
Good job! :)

Reactions: senthilaca

Lukijs

Oct 27, 2011
arters kernel worked for me, will probably dual boot this. also stock camera worked and data was enabled, will see about other things if I dual boot this now

tommy320

Oct 19, 2010
Thanks!

Booting the first time took a while, maybe 10 minutes. After that I could not get the on screen keyboard to popup, it turned out I had to change the keyboard language to English. I can not make calls although it seems it is connected to the mobile network. WIFI works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is NamelessROM?

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

What is NamelessROM ?
    Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
    An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
    NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
    This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own.
    Visit our website for more detailed information.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are looking for Device Maintainers to expand our support, please visit our IRC channel or PM @Evisceration, or @dhiru1602 for information.

Disclaimer
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */

Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
    Optionally you can also use our own OTA Updater

Contributions and Credit

• Android/Google/AOSP
    • AOKP
    • AOSPA
    • CyanogenMod
    • OmniROM
    • SlimROMs
    • ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

Downloads
    Guys, I have a good news to share. Apparently the N7100 kernel rebase proved to be good and I have some change of plans with the HWC. Initial tests were very promising and it is the first time in years that my S3 was able to match the performance of my Nexus 4.

It has been a known fact that the HWC on our device was doing nothing and it was a mere placebo. However, that is not the case now. We have managed to get full functionality out of HWC and here are few examples.

attachment.php

In the above example, you can notice that the Wallpaper is being composed by the HWC. The Original size of the wallpaper is 1600x1256, which is quite oversized for our device, but the HWC takes care of the resizing to match the screen size. This makes the wallpaper looks much more neat and the overall performance of the launcher is greatly improved.

attachment.php

In the above image, you can see that the video playback is performed using HWC. It's a Full HD video which is resized using the HWC to match the screen size. The SurfaceView that displays the video content is being composed by the HWC instead of using GLES as it was the case before. Using HWC to compose video content improves battery life during video streaming and playback.

The performance has greatly improved especially during scrolling in certain places. There are few bugs which which prevent proper functioning of the device especially at times when the screen decides to go completely blank, which we are currently looking into. I would like to thank @tdcfpp for his outstanding work when it comes to ARM disassembly and his work with the Opensource Gralloc. Without his contributions, things wouldn't have moved forward. I am glad that he had not given up on his S3 and decided to buy another S3 even when his device broke . :good:

I am currently on a long awaited vacation and I cannot work on anything until the end of next week. However, I have pushed all of the sources regardless of the change in plans with HWC. I will consider having a new development branch with includes a rebased kernel along with few changes for the HWC and I will merge the changes to the mainstream when things are in good shape.

Long live S3! :D
    Hello everyone,

Things are going great so far. Expect a brand new release later today.
    This is not really a bug.
    But @dhiru1602, what about the SU binaries? I can't seem to find them, because I get these annoying Cell Broadcasts and I want to disable them using the terminal emulator. But it says, "su: not found"

The link is in the OP. You just need to flash it.

They will be merged when the source is available.

I have fixed mobile data. The fix will be in the next build along with GPS fix and few fixes to prevent reboots.