vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
[ROM] ★ MIUI 1.7.1 ★ English • 汉语漢語 • Italiano • Français • Updated 06/07/11

MIUI 1.7.1
MIUI Android for the HTC Incredible S!

Disclaimer: Please read before continuing
You use this ROM and it's available settings at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for your phone, or anything that happens to it while using the feature.

Massive thanks to the Fengbao Team for the original port of the Chinese DHD MIUI ROM, without that this wouldn't have probably happened!
Of course, big thanks to the MIUI guys who made the ROM and MIUIAndroid.com for the translated XML's ;)

The default language of this ROM is English and everything has been fully translated by the MIUIAndroid.com team and port over to the IS ROM by me, I am currently working on porting the French & German update packs and will take requests for other languages.

Latest Version: MIUI-1.7.1-Rev1-ENG-VIVO.zip
Released 06/07/11

Screenshots
All screenshots have been taken from a fresh install, this is exactly what you will get when you first boot up (all I did was install a screen cap app)!

Install Procedure
You must perform a full wipe of data & cache before installing this ROM, and you also must have a gingerbread radio for calls to work (you can find one here)

Known Bugs
Please report any bugs you find, and I will endeavour to fix them

- None that I know of!

Translations

- English (Default) (translation by MIUIAndroid.com)
- Italian: MIUI-v1.7.1-VIVO-ITA-pack-signed.zip (translation by nexus-lab.com)
- French MIUI-v1.7.1-VIVO-FRA-pack-signed.zip(translation by miuifr.com)

I am working on Porting other translations, which ones get done will be judged on the amount of requests!

Currently Working on
- Dutch (translated by miui.nl)
- Spanish (translated by miui.es)

Planned for future

- German (translation by miui-ger.de)

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I flashed a language pack, but it is all still English!
A: You need to change you language by going to Settings > System > Language & Input > Select Language.

Q: When I change my language, there is lots of Chinese characters present! How do I get the full translation
A: You need to reboot after changing you language in the settings.

Q: MIUI Weather only shows chinese cities, how can I get local weather?
A: Please visit http://www.miui-dev.com/miui-weather/ for directions.

Changelog
Code:
MIUI v1.7.1 Rev 1 - 06/07/11
- Updated with camera fixes from Fengbao team
- Added Italian Translation Pack
- Added French Translation Pack

MIUI v1.7.1 - 05/07/11
- First release

Last edited:

byted

May 4, 2011
Ottawa
I am very much looking forward to checking this out this evening. I tried the other version where English wasn't completely done. I didn't think I'd like MIUI but surprisingly, it's refreshing and very nice. Keep up the good work.

TimMun

Feb 3, 2009
Roermond
Awesome!
How is the batterylife with this rom?

And perhaps a very stupid question (I never was very into MIUI) but what about apps and such? Does it still work as an android phone (with the market etc.)?
Would it work coming from Android Revolution HD with data partition EXT4?

Last edited:

nikhil007mmus

Feb 26, 2011
Pune
Awesomee downloading :) i hope the front camera issue gets fixed in the next release !! thanks a lot bro cheers !!

vido.ardes

Aug 22, 2008
UK
Does this mean that the MIUI themes will work?

Yep I am using custom theme, custom lockscreen and custom Icon pack. A lot of them will have Chinese names but that is just cause it is the name of the theme, not 'cause something was missed in translation. When you apply it you shouldn't loose any translations

telectroguy

Oct 18, 2009
Chennai
Yep I am using custom theme, custom lockscreen and custom Icon pack. A lot of them will have Chinese names but that is just cause it is the name of the theme, not 'cause something was missed in translation. When you apply it you shouldn't loose any translations

Hey,how's the battery , any rapid drains.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA Premium App

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
Do you think we can work on the noise cancellation problem?
You know, what I mean?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
Ah, lost, another one. We on www.miui-ger.de have working miui multilanguage packs.
Could be, that it helps you. :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

nikhil007mmus

Feb 26, 2011
Pune
@lost.prophet bro the miui rom is excellent absolutely in love with it !! one thing about contacts i even see my gmail contacts can i see only my phone contacts ??

redank

Feb 6, 2007
La Marsa
Hi,
I just found a bug I think : HD video recording (720p) is not working

Sent from my Incredible S

hussainmushahid

Dec 1, 2010
Karachi
why does the camera lag a bit? like when you have opened the camera application, you move your phone and the camera lags. I don't know any other words to put it in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] ★ MIUI 1.7.1 ★ English • 汉语漢語 • Italiano • Français • Updated 06/07/11

MIUI 1.7.1
    MIUI Android for the HTC Incredible S!

Disclaimer: Please read before continuing
    You use this ROM and it's available settings at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for your phone, or anything that happens to it while using the feature.

Massive thanks to the Fengbao Team for the original port of the Chinese DHD MIUI ROM, without that this wouldn't have probably happened!
    Of course, big thanks to the MIUI guys who made the ROM and MIUIAndroid.com for the translated XML's ;)

The default language of this ROM is English and everything has been fully translated by the MIUIAndroid.com team and port over to the IS ROM by me, I am currently working on porting the French & German update packs and will take requests for other languages.

Latest Version: MIUI-1.7.1-Rev1-ENG-VIVO.zip
    Released 06/07/11

Screenshots
    All screenshots have been taken from a fresh install, this is exactly what you will get when you first boot up (all I did was install a screen cap app)!

Install Procedure
    You must perform a full wipe of data & cache before installing this ROM, and you also must have a gingerbread radio for calls to work (you can find one here)

Known Bugs
    Please report any bugs you find, and I will endeavour to fix them

- None that I know of!

Translations

- English (Default) (translation by MIUIAndroid.com)
    - Italian: MIUI-v1.7.1-VIVO-ITA-pack-signed.zip (translation by nexus-lab.com)
    - French MIUI-v1.7.1-VIVO-FRA-pack-signed.zip(translation by miuifr.com)

I am working on Porting other translations, which ones get done will be judged on the amount of requests!

Currently Working on
    - Dutch (translated by miui.nl)
    - Spanish (translated by miui.es)

Planned for future

- German (translation by miui-ger.de)

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: I flashed a language pack, but it is all still English!
    A: You need to change you language by going to Settings > System > Language & Input > Select Language.

Q: When I change my language, there is lots of Chinese characters present! How do I get the full translation
    A: You need to reboot after changing you language in the settings.

Q: MIUI Weather only shows chinese cities, how can I get local weather?
    A: Please visit http://www.miui-dev.com/miui-weather/ for directions.

Changelog
    Code:
    MIUI v1.7.1 Rev 1 - 06/07/11
    - Updated with camera fixes from Fengbao team
    - Added Italian Translation Pack
    - Added French Translation Pack

MIUI v1.7.1 - 05/07/11
    - First release
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! so nice! a big thanks to you!!! you rock ;)

can't wait for the French version :)

French is being worked on as I type ;)
    Good news, got the camera fixes working! Uploading now
    Updated first post, camera fix is up! You can install over the top of the old ROM
    Thank You,

One question: may we apply UNITY V2 kernel with this ROM?

Should work, just backup and try it. What's the worst that could happen?

I have just noticed a bug, I included the Chinese version of MIUI Weather, this will be fixed for the next update, you can download it yourself from here