Trying to Unlock: Connection Problem or invalid mmi code

Search This thread

ighost77

Sep 16, 2009
I enter the code # 7 4 6 5 6 2 5 * 6 3 8 * #, that supposed to bring me to unlock code screen and get "Connection Problem or invalid mmi code" message.
Any soultions? Using stock 4.0.4 ATT, rooted, if it matters. UCLG1

Don't have non ATT card to try unlock without this code :confused:string.

defnow

Dec 6, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I enter the code # 7 4 6 5 6 2 5 * 6 3 8 * #, that supposed to bring me to unlock code screen and get "Connection Problem or invalid mmi code" message.

just go to a Tmobile store and ask to borrow a sim...thats what I did and the rep took her sim out and tossed it to me. Very cool.

PMentior

Feb 28, 2012
Akron, OH
The North America versions don't use a dialer code for the unlock prompt. The only way is to put in a 'foriegn' sim. I also went to a tmobile store to borrow a sim for my unlock

Sent from my Galaxy S3 running DietICS

ighost77

Sep 16, 2009
Just asked from my colleague to use his Verizon micro SIM.
Turned the phone on, entered unlock code and it's done! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

moe3754

Feb 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I wanted to unlock my AT&T Vivid so I could sell it, I went to the T-mobile store, told them what I needed and they gave me a sim card, I tried to pay for it but their computer system would not let them charge me.I got a brand new unactivated sim card.

Does the Galaxy S3 use a micro sim or a mini or what ever it is called??? I sure hope I do not have to get a new sim that will not work in my Nexus when I get my Galaxy S3!!!

Last edited:

mr.almeida

Jun 15, 2010

Thank you so much for this. I used this on my Galaxy Note and it worked. AT&T sent me the wrong prompts, :eek: I was going crazy.

jabdaal

Sep 18, 2012
Sacramento

this code method dosent work at all for att i tried it too...then i caontacted att they told me that this method should work...then i tried a diffrent method i have AIRTEL indian sim i cut it to the size of micro sim and inserted it into my s3 and when turned it on it asked me for an unlock code..i entered the code and BOOM.... UNLOCKED.....you can use the same methed try some other service sim....it dosent matter if that sim doesent work at all....(i got my unlock code from att for free)...

Top Liked Posts