LG G2 won't rotate. HELP

Search This thread

Chuckleb0ne

May 7, 2012
Renton, WA
So for some reason my screen won't rotate into landscape mode. I have the rotation setting turned on but nothing happens. And when I try to calibrate my sensor, the settings app force closes. Any ideas?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Chuckleb0ne

May 7, 2012
Renton, WA
Just stock 12b. I'm beginning to think it might be the modem. Because I was lending a hand a experimenting with the 24a kitkat build for the VS980 and had to flash a kk modem to be able to boot into the build. Do you think the modem would screw with rotation settings?

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Just stock 12b. I'm beginning to think it might be the modem. Because I was lending a hand a experimenting with the 24a kitkat build for the VS980 and had to flash a kk modem to be able to boot into the build. Do you think the modem would screw with rotation settings?

Yes it's definitely the modem I've read some people tried the kk modem and in order for rotation to continue to work had to continue using the kk modem or downgrade via flashtool

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

Chuckleb0ne

May 7, 2012
Renton, WA
How do you downgrade via flashtool? I just went into recovery and flashed the 12b modem and rotation still doesn't work.

frontlyna

I had an issue where I was on cm11 with rotation working completely fine and then decided to try a stock KitKat ROM. After reverting back to cm my rotation was broken. I tried everything you could imagine aside from going through the whole starting from scratch bs.. So I tried one last thing and it worked! I simply flashed my stock T-Mobile modem that's supposed to break rotation but funny enough it fixed it! Try that and see if it helps from now on.