[UPG][V.1]ELF USPL - CID Unlock & flash *ANY* rom to your device[ONLINE]

Search This thread

nittin_sp

Jan 22, 2006
THANKS DEAR POF
U R THE REAL WM GURU
SALAAME SALAAME SALAAME ( means Salutations Salutations Salutations)
Keep up the Good Work

Jun 10, 2007
give me the optinion to put dinte i will love to

hello i realy recpect the hard job you do
but i tried it on my dopod s1 and not workinig
i cand see activesync green
i have only the bootloader 3 color screen and on the left down the word usb

please what shoul i do

radarrrr

Jul 31, 2007
I went successfully through 2 first steps. Then the screen of my HTC Touch went all white. I turned it off and on before proceeding with the step 3. (RUU requested that the phone must be re-connected and active sync icon must be green). After RUU started the update the progress bar in a minute went to 100% the screen of the device became three coloured and then I always get the same error - "[270] UPDATE ERROR" and "Image file is corrupted".

Why is that? I bought my HTC Touch in France with French version of WM6.

ROM 1.11.406.1B. FRE, ext ROM 1.11.406.101, protocol 4.1.13.42

beki

Jul 29, 2007
I went successfully through 2 first steps. Then the screen of my HTC Touch went all white. I turned it off and on before proceeding with the step 3. (RUU requested that the phone must be re-connected and active sync icon must be green). After RUU started the update the progress bar in a minute went to 100% the screen of the device became three coloured and then I always get the same error - "[270] UPDATE ERROR" and "Image file is corrupted".

Why is that? I bought my HTC Touch in France with French version of WM6.

The same case as mine! (see my description above). The only difference is that after the step 2 I didn't turn it off and on, but the result is the same!

Can anyone help us, please?

suren21

Jul 17, 2007
hunting-arena.in
To create NBH files for Elf you should use HTC Rom Tool by Dark Simpson, because "nbhgen" doesn't create proper NBH files for elf.
Can someone explain this in mode details please ..

i get a the following error when it runs RRU ..

ERROR[270] : UPDATE ERROR

The Image file is corrupted . Please check the update Utility

Any idea whats wrong ..

Last edited:

radarrrr

Jul 31, 2007
The same case as mine! (see my description above). The only difference is that after the step 2 I didn't turn it off and on, but the result is the same!

Can anyone help us, please?

Well, as far as I understand, you have to reboot and reconnect the phone with USB cord to the computer after step 2. This is what the rom installer says once it is started in the step 3. Have you done this?

radarrrr

Jul 31, 2007
No i Don't turn off, don't reset my Touch...
Just run the CID Unlcker again from XP
And it Works for me :D

So you are saying that after step 2, you just ran the unlocker once again?

But the instructions say "4. On some devices STEP 2 fails the first time, just hit CTRL+C, softreset your device and start over again." So the device has to be resetted.

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Hi guys, sorry for the delay in answering... have had a really busy days.

can you please explain me in simple words after after using this tool on my HTC Touch can i use the sim from different service provider
No, but you can flash a rom from a different provider or even a cooked rom.

pof:How can i flash the device that can not boot? my friend's device only boot in 3-color mode.
You can't flash USPL on a device stuck in bootloader. You need to boot Windows Mobile to flash USPL.
Try to connect into bootloader using mtty, and issue these commands:
Code:
Cmd> ruurun 0
Cmd> ResetDevice
If it does return to bootloader after this, then you must flash original ROM matching your device's CID.

Works perfect in Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit.
Good to know :)

Am I right that I can also backup my original ROM and flash it back with that tools?
Yes, with USPL you can flash unsigned NBH files.

I went through steps 1 and 2. Then started the RUU with the ELFUSPL hack from pof. But it always gives me the message "[270] UPDATE ERROR" and "Image file is corrupted".
This is because you are flashing in real bootloader, not in patched bootloader placed in RAM. The USPL nbh file is not signed with the proper signature, so in order to flash it you need to be running the patched bootloader that is placed on the device's RAM on step two. You must see a blank screen (not tri-color) after step 2.

Now I wonder if:
1. Is it ok if the ActiveSync icon remains gray (not connected) after the step 2 and during the step 3?
2. Is this method not appropriate for O2 Nova (German)?
1. Yes, after elf-uspl.exe places the patched SPL into RAM and jumps into it, activesync connection is disabled because the device is running in bootloader mode (not windows anymore). So after successful completion of step 2, activesync icon should turn gray, otherwise means something went wrong in step 2, in that case just softreset and try again.
During step 3, you must see activesync gray icon at the begining, but the RUU will kill activesync in order to communicate with the patched bootloader, so the icon will disappear when the RUU starts flashing. The flash process takes a few seconds, as it only flashes a SPL.
2. O2 Nova is HTC Elf, righ? then it should work.

i cand see activesync green
i have only the bootloader 3 color screen and on the left down the word usb
See the answer I've given to smoothdvd above.

I went successfully through 2 first steps. Then the screen of my HTC Touch went all white. I turned it off and on before proceeding with the step 3. (RUU requested that the phone must be re-connected and active sync icon must be green).
Wrong, you don't have to turn it off and on, it should stay on the white screen (which is the patched bootloader in ram). Don't believe what the RUU says. When the RUU starts the icon should be gray.

After RUU started the update the progress bar in a minute went to 100% the screen of the device became three coloured and then I always get the same error - "[270] UPDATE ERROR" and "Image file is corrupted".
Because you are trying to flash a non signed file into the real bootloader. Follow the steps as described, do not reboot your device and it should be fine.

i get a the following error when it runs RRU ..

ERROR[270] : UPDATE ERROR
The Image file is corrupted . Please check the update Utility[/B]

Any idea whats wrong ..
See answers given to beki and radarrrr.

do I lose my warrenty if I unlock and flash my device?
Technically yes because USPL is not the official bootloader, and also you do lose it if you flash a non-official rom for your device. But:
a) USPL does not have the version number patched, so it is difficult to identify that it is a patched bootloader by only looking at the bootloader screen.
b) USPL can be replaced just by flashing an original rom, that would return your device to original state and don't loose the warranty.

Hope those answers help you :)

radarrrr

Jul 31, 2007
Pof, thanks for the clarifications. I have sucessfully flashed the device :) This is thanks to your recommendations. I was also advised on one of the russian pda forums that I should extract ELF_USPL_v1.zip into the root directory of disk C:\, rather than in a separate /ELF_USPL_v1/ folder. Due to all this it has finally worked out on XP SP2. May be this will help the others.

... updated...

damn. I tried to flash my HTC Touch with new Russian firmware RUU_Elf_HTC_RUS_1.15.411.1B_4.1.13.42_02.93.90, but after 1% was done the updater returned the error "Error: 294. Incorrect identifier of the vendor. This updater may not be used for your phone. Check your updater". What does it mean exactly?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a patched SPL for HTC Elf devices (HTC Touch / HTC P3450 / Dopod S1, o2 Nova, etc...).

This SPL is based on original Elf 1.11 SPL but includes 3 patches:

1. g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = 0 (set 32)
    2. Does not check Model ID
    3. Does not check signature*

(*) code must be formally signed i.e. contain properly-formated signatures on their places, however no checking are performed against them.

This means you can flash ANY ROM to your Elf after flashing USPL on it, no need to pay for CID unlock anymore!

Disclaimer:
    This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

Instructions:
    1. Unzip
    2. Connect your phone to computer, make sure activesync is enabled (green icon)
    3. Run elf-uspl.exe on your computer and follow instructions on screen:

Code:

Please make sure Activesync is enabled (green icon in systray)
     and hit ENTER to start...

STEP 1/3......50%......75%....100%

The next step will load a patched bootloader (SPL) on your device
     it will make your device temporary SuperCID (seclevel=0), and will
     avoid modelID and signature checking when flashing NBH files.

Hit ENTER to continue...

STEP 2/3.....15%.....25%...50%...75%.....100%

Phone screen should now be blank and the activesync icon gray
     if not, the loading procedure has failed and you'll have to repeat again.

If all was OK hit ENTER and the standard "PDA Phone ROM Update Utility"
     window will start, allowing you to flash patched SPL on your device.

Hit CTRL+C to Cancel or ENTER to continue...

Follow the steps on the wizard to flash the patched SPL, when this
     step completes your device will reboot.

STEP 3/3 - Launching RUU, please wait...

Process is finished, congratulations!
     If you find it useful don't forget to donate :)
     (c)2007 pof - XDA Developers

Hit ENTER to quit.

Update:
    Some ROMs (specially O2 Nova) don't allow to run unsigned applications by default and some people have reported difficulties installing USPL. If you see a popup asking to run unsigned code, you need to rapi-unlock your phone manually, to do this download enable-rapi.zip and follow the instructions inside the file prior to installing USPL.

Notes:
    1. I have only tested under XP, people says it works on Vista too.
    2. Unzip the file, do not run it on the zipped folder. (Note: Better to unzip in c:\ folder with no spaces on the name).
    3. This will only CID unlock your device, not SIM unlock.
    4. On some devices STEP 2 fails the first time, just hit CTRL+C, softreset your device and start over again.
    5. To create NBH files for Elf you should use HTC Rom Tool by Dark Simpson, because "nbhgen" doesn't create proper NBH files for elf.
    6. You can use Artemis splash screen tool by jcaron safely on the Elf, the Artemis RUU is compatible with Elf-USPL and both devices have same splash screen format.
    7. After flashing a full ROM (containing a SPL on it) you'll overwrite USPL, so you'll need to repeat the USPL flashing process again.
    8. If you like it, use the paypal donate button on my signature :)

Enjoy! ;)

UPDATE (thanks Noonski)
    TO AVOID BRICKED ELF BE SURE TO CHECK THIS THREAD:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=320155
    So new users can first check if their Shipped rom is around before taking the decision to flash USPL.
    Also this makes them aware to submit new ones to the list.
    And if they Get stuck with a 270 Error at 3% without actually having an original, it was they that made the decision themselves.
    Ok I see, I still believe you have a chance if you can flash a stock Rom from the Sdcard.