[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
S8500/S8530 decrypt self internal mechanism AFTER Multiloader..
thats what i meant :)

So what ever looks like boot_loader.mbn (you could inject what ever you want), but first it will be decrypted in handset by active Bootloader...

if we use odin to flash it then that part wont matter, it's the Samsung Galaxy flasher(SBL via odin protocol) that'll be doing it, i don't believe it encrypts files.

Second thing... boot_loader.mbn is splitted into 2 parts in memory (512 MB oneNAND). Check this out:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12131413&postcount=15
128 KB filled with FF between 2 parts...

So in theory you have to create valid boot_loader.mbn...
the hardest part :(

shouldn't need to encrypt before flashing if we're using odin/SBL as flasher i think?

But as you can see. Without JTAG you can't play safe on Bootloader. :( :eek:

Best Regards

still holds true, i have no JTAG :(

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Found the reason of showing 384 MB RAM by Kernel:
from S5PC110-D specification
512MByte One-NAND
384MByte mobile DDR
128MByte One-DRAM

Wondering if One-DRAM isnt even used by Kernel or is being initialized later. I guess it should be used as I9000 contains One-DRAM too probably, or doesn't?

Last edited:
Reactions: hallihallo2

bsmstar

Apr 16, 2011
İst
when you look at any task manager on the galaxy S it give a maximum of 384 mb of ram available so id imagine it does alright.

you are right, i read somewhere that its divided this way so galaxy system uses 128mb for itself and pure 384mb for the user, so if you have this, then it means that same ram in wave as in galaxy s :D you might wanna double check this info cause as i said i read it somewhere and im not sure ;)

Reactions: Rebellos

amir3656

Apr 21, 2011
hi all

hi phone named meziu m9 operating system is Android 2.2 It seems that it is compatible with Samsung wave in graphics Processor: Power VR 540 GPU .
i hope it helps in anything

Reactions: szb314

maayer

Mar 20, 2009
Oleg_K, you nothing wrote long ago. Please let us know how the work goes.

Thanks and good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts