Gameloft working on tegra 3 optimization!!!!

Search This thread

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
I contacted gl to let them know about the issues with tegra 3 and they are already aware about it and are working on it :)

soon we will get to enjoy gameloft games lag free on our HOX

HIT THANKS if i helped!!!!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342607049101.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342607049101.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,873
  • uploadfromtaptalk1342607071729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342607071729.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,787

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
It's the halo effect of the N7. Now that Google's pushing Teg3 by putting in one of their devices that's destined to sell in the tens of million you'll see a lot of app developers that ignored Teg3 or never optimized for it getting on board. The N7 is the best thing that ever could have happened to Teg3.

+1

Reactions: teonagode

waz675

Jun 9, 2012
Geelong
Nice! My one x will be a little bit happier once this happens as we've recently opened up our gpu speeds to FAST :good:Thanks faux123

Reactions: Terdroblade

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
I already saw that but I don't think it's true, Gameloft guys are just a bunch of liars, I went to their forum and they're most of the time ignoring the Tegra 3 related complaints or answering the exact same way they answered to you (it's like if they're all doing a ctrl+c-ctrl+v)
And, considering the way Asphalt 7 and The Amazing Spider Man (this game doesn't even support post-treatment for Tegra 3!) were optimised for Tegra 3 and considering that Gameloft had time to do the work before releasing these apps, I guess that nVidia didn't pay the extra money Samsung paid to get properly optimised apps... :mad:
Even The Dark Knight Rises was not THAT well optimised...
Considering all that I would assume that Gameloft developpers don't know their work or what "optimising" means but considering how Gameloft games work on SGS2 and SGS3 I think that Samsung just paid some money... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

joewong1991

Aug 2, 2012
They said the same to me and I really complained bout mc3 because I loved that on my xplay I put a good bit of money onto it and that sent me a t3 version but it lags abit online ill try and find the email

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

joewong1991

Aug 2, 2012
uploadfromtaptalk1344983375910.jpg
Ps am I aloud to share this sort of info on here

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
This is just an unoptimised version with device check deactivated so it runs but lags...
By the way, Modern Combat 3 is available on the Play Store for the One X but I assume it's again not properly optimised and I won't spent a dime again to Gameloft after seeing the "amazing" work they did with Asphalt 7... :mad:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: joewong1991

joewong1991

Aug 2, 2012
I wasn't I the store when I first got my phone thanks for letting me no I would of never looked for it will try it see if its better

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Iv just looked at the comments and its the same as wot happens on my xperia play v1.0.1 worked perfect then that updated it to v1.1.1 and it force closed all the time it was lagy even in campaign mode so I got a cracked copy it works
Try that url in the email see if it works I'm having none of the problem there saying in the comments

The-Last-Hylian

Feb 14, 2012
www.ivaninsurance.co.uk

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
NO!

That isn't optimizing, it's butchery!

Just look at Hamdir's thread on Wildblood & Gameloft optimization! You'll see it only uses one core out of all 12 on the HOX, that's not optimizing my friend...

correction it uses 1 core out of 4 CPU cores i wasnt talking about GPU

CPU can be used to accelerate all the particles and physics processing, which GL chose to ignore the extra 3 cores

looking at Nova3 you can see its smooth but once you have around 3 enemies with their phsycis simluation, it lags bad, the CPU is the ideal place to deal wtih physics and ragdoll but yea, what can i say, its GL, they are spoiled and like the GPU to do all the job and not bother with multithreaded coding

Reactions: The-Last-Hylian

joewong1991

Aug 2, 2012
NO!

That isn't optimizing, it's butchery!

Just look at Hamdir's thread on Wildblood & Gameloft optimization! You'll see it only uses one core out of all 12 on the HOX, that's not optimizing my friend...

Its gameloft optimizing and i have been readin hamdirs post for awial now none if my game would be running as good without hamdir help

Reactions: dragonesdenano

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011
I wonder if the extra 200 mhz in the HOX+ will help in this lag issue.

I doubt it'll be a major improvement if at all. If you consider the fact that it will still be using one core.

I'm no expert in this field but one thing i can say for sure is that operating with just one single core is dependent on the type of game....and If gameloft games are more demanding as i assume in terms of graphics (i don't really game much if at all on phones) then using just that one core is ridiculous, especially if you consider the fact that we are talking about gaming and even further if we are talking about a GAMING PHONE with a quad-core.

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011
One thing I don't get is some Gameloft titles run ok on dual core phones but those exact same titles run laggy on quad core Tegra 3 phones. Can't remember exactly which games those are.

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011
One thing I don't get is some Gameloft titles run ok on dual core phones but those exact same titles run laggy on quad core Tegra 3 phones. Can't remember exactly which games those are.

It always comes down to optimization. With that i mean capable hardware, and i'm sure tegra 3, despite not having the greatest graphic hardware is capable

This can be seen in computer games benchmarks. Since i'm planning for a pc upgrade and i'm deciding upon a graphic card, i don't recall exactly which one that was. But there was an incident where a radeon graphic card hit a somewhat better score than the nvidia card. At that point i already thought i knew "hey, we have a winner here already"

..next page there was a game again, where nvidia had clearly beaten the radeon graphic card, where the frame difference was even bigger. Then in other games they performed similarly.

So really, optimization is what it comes down to for capable hardware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's the halo effect of the N7. Now that Google's pushing Teg3 by putting in one of their devices that's destined to sell in the tens of million you'll see a lot of app developers that ignored Teg3 or never optimized for it getting on board. The N7 is the best thing that ever could have happened to Teg3.
    I contacted gl to let them know about the issues with tegra 3 and they are already aware about it and are working on it :)

soon we will get to enjoy gameloft games lag free on our HOX

HIT THANKS if i helped!!!!!!

+1
    Nice! My one x will be a little bit happier once this happens as we've recently opened up our gpu speeds to FAST :good:Thanks faux123
    I already saw that but I don't think it's true, Gameloft guys are just a bunch of liars, I went to their forum and they're most of the time ignoring the Tegra 3 related complaints or answering the exact same way they answered to you (it's like if they're all doing a ctrl+c-ctrl+v)
    And, considering the way Asphalt 7 and The Amazing Spider Man (this game doesn't even support post-treatment for Tegra 3!) were optimised for Tegra 3 and considering that Gameloft had time to do the work before releasing these apps, I guess that nVidia didn't pay the extra money Samsung paid to get properly optimised apps... :mad:
    Even The Dark Knight Rises was not THAT well optimised...
    Considering all that I would assume that Gameloft developpers don't know their work or what "optimising" means but considering how Gameloft games work on SGS2 and SGS3 I think that Samsung just paid some money... :rolleyes: