[ROM] Steel Droid - 10-15-2015 - v14.0 RELEASED!

Search This thread

chevycam94

May 2, 2010
West Mifflin, PA
www.youtube.com
Steel Droid
v14.0 is out for the Droid 1!

I no longer post here, so check my webpage for links and information on all work!

Steel Droid - Droid 1 ROM

Source: www.github.com/SteelDroid

Credits:
Google/AOSP: Android!
Cyanogenmod: Used as the base for my work
Various other repos: Cherry-picks
Quite a few members: Testing and bug reports
Zimperium: Information on stagefright bugs so I could ccreate my own Gingerbread patches

Last edited:

vzwrep

Sep 21, 2008
I cannot get this rom to load on my droid. I've downloaded it from this site and also off of rom manager. Is there anything special I have to do? I've loaded other roms without issue. Cyanogen 2.3.3 as an example.

DEFINITIONOFREAL

Jun 11, 2010
I dont have the droid but I just flashed this on my friends, great job, everything seems to be working fine, keep up the good work

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

chevycam94

May 2, 2010
West Mifflin, PA
www.youtube.com
My ROM doesnt have all the features that Liquid's 1.9 does, sadly. Mine is more of a minimal ROM, with all the necessary features in it, but not overloaded with settings so as to confuse the user. Because my ROM has less overhead, it saves battery, and can run smoother than most other ROM's. There is no one "perfect" ROM, they all have their flaws, and mine is no exception. I will never claim to have the best ROM out there, or the one with the fewest bugs. From time to time, one or both might be true, but not always.

So its really up to your personal preference

popimp315

Nov 10, 2010
Just uploaded this onto a friends so we'll see how it works. Liquid 1.9 kept randomly resetting on him

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 Ultimate Droid 3.3.0

atraitees

Sep 21, 2010
Tarpon Springs Florida
Worked great untill......

Fault: When I put the phone into airplane mode and turned on wifi, it locked the whole phone up. It will boot, but after boot it goes to the lockscreen and locks up for about 1 min then roboots on its own.

Edit: I was unable to fix this. I recovered nanoid...

Last edited:

SkyRydr

Apr 9, 2007
Help. Can't Upgrade from 6

Hi,

I flashed this rom with no issues. Until.....

Once I install a profile switcher, the phone begins to go into an endless reboot loop that can't be stopped without a complete reset of the phone. I have tried two different profile switcher apps with the exact same result. I do not have this issue with 6 and have flashed back to my original backup.

Can someone help?.... Please!!! I would love to upgrade!!!

Apps tried:
PhoneWeaver (SBSH Mobile Software)
Smart Profiles (Free) (AnTuTu)

Thanks! :)

Top Liked Posts