[GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread

Search This thread

agrabren

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 28, 2011
Weld County, CO
[GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread (Discontinued)

#teamwin is proud to announce the Fre3vo tool for the HTC EVO 3D and Sensation!

What is Fre3vo: Fre3vo is a temp-root acquiring tool, allowing users access to a root shell on their HTC EVO 3D and Sensation devices.

What is Fre3dom: Fre3dom was the name of the tool being developed to enable S-OFF on the EVO 3D and Sensation. This has been abandon since AlphaRevX has announced on twitter that they've had the devices open for weeks now.

Fre3vo can be downloaded here: http://tinyw.in/1lJ

Prereqs:
1. You must be able to push files via adb to your device.
2. You must know what a shell is.

Instructions:
1. Download the fre3vo zip
2. Unzip the fre3vo binary
3. Push the binary via 'adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp'
4. Change the permissions via 'adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'
5. Run the binary via 'adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'

If all goes well, you'll be kicked back to your computer's command prompt. (Some may get more messages, but it seems the Sensation buffers the stderr more than the EVO 3D)

run 'adb shell' and you should have a '#' prompt instead of '%'.

This is temporary root. A reboot will clobber it. There are many threads with scripts for doing what the community has dubbed "perma-temp root", which lets you run all your root-based apps.

Last edited:

agrabren

Mar 28, 2011
Weld County, CO
A big question: SU

We know, there are issues. This is for developers to get us our root apps working. We're already cranking into ways to get this going... Really!

And this is why we released the binary in this form... Because as a whole, we can come together and find ways to do everything we want with these phones. Mounting new partitions, or linking in other partitions with write. These are ways being explored to get apps to play nicer with temp-root.

Last edited:

agrabren

Mar 28, 2011
Weld County, CO
This worked for me after getting temp root...

ubuntu$ adb remount
ubuntu$ adb shell

# remount -o remount,suid /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /data
# mkdir /data/bin
# exit

ubuntu$ adb push busybox /data/bin
ubuntu$ adb push su /data/bin
ubuntu$ adb install superuser.apk
ubuntu$ adb shell

# ln -s /data/bin/su /system/xbin/su
# ln -s /data/bin/busybox /system/bin/busybox

After that, I was able to fight with Titanium Backup and it loaded successfully.

Last edited:

RADLOUNI

Jun 25, 2009
Dubai
brilliant

This is what the masses have been waiting to hear for over a month now. Thanks guys, really appreciate your work and effort

gilbert11231123

Jan 17, 2008
Phoenix
agrabren u have no idea how happy it makes all of us to read your posts in our sensation side of town welcome , finally real proof that a dev is working on the sensation .........

Reactions: gileador

ionballer

Jun 27, 2010
You are a life saver ! Good eta way better than htc

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Evil-Dragon

Dec 15, 2010
Solihull
www.rooted.me.uk
Are the rumours of Teamwin managing to get S-OFF after gaining temp-root true or false? Someone posted on twitter that Teamwin had managed it.

In this day and age i do not know what to believe so i thought i'd ask.

NOTE: Not asking for an ETA, just curious if it was true or not.

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
Nothing Phone 2
OnePlus 12
Great News !

But nothing Special so far :D I know somebody will do it! At the Desire everybody thought its unhackable .... on the Incredible S too. the motorola guys have a very special way to root (they boot into motorla system and after this they boot into custom rom and kernel) but theire is always a way!

Special thanks ! It getting harder and harder but this is your fun guys :p

haker305

Jan 13, 2007
Hope I can see a lot of happy Sensation users soon :). S-Off is fantastic thing and every device should be sooner or later hacked :).

With regards from Poland,
/haker305

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
This is great news!! Sorry if I have missed it.. but could you updat ethe op with the source as well!!

ridikolous

Jun 25, 2010
Wow, nice job teamwin. *running around doing the sundrop dance*.

Sent from my dualcore monster using xda premium app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread (Discontinued)

#teamwin is proud to announce the Fre3vo tool for the HTC EVO 3D and Sensation!

What is Fre3vo: Fre3vo is a temp-root acquiring tool, allowing users access to a root shell on their HTC EVO 3D and Sensation devices.

What is Fre3dom: Fre3dom was the name of the tool being developed to enable S-OFF on the EVO 3D and Sensation. This has been abandon since AlphaRevX has announced on twitter that they've had the devices open for weeks now.

Fre3vo can be downloaded here: http://tinyw.in/1lJ

Prereqs:
    1. You must be able to push files via adb to your device.
    2. You must know what a shell is.

Instructions:
    1. Download the fre3vo zip
    2. Unzip the fre3vo binary
    3. Push the binary via 'adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp'
    4. Change the permissions via 'adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'
    5. Run the binary via 'adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'

If all goes well, you'll be kicked back to your computer's command prompt. (Some may get more messages, but it seems the Sensation buffers the stderr more than the EVO 3D)

run 'adb shell' and you should have a '#' prompt instead of '%'.

This is temporary root. A reboot will clobber it. There are many threads with scripts for doing what the community has dubbed "perma-temp root", which lets you run all your root-based apps.
    A big question: SU

We know, there are issues. This is for developers to get us our root apps working. We're already cranking into ways to get this going... Really!

And this is why we released the binary in this form... Because as a whole, we can come together and find ways to do everything we want with these phones. Mounting new partitions, or linking in other partitions with write. These are ways being explored to get apps to play nicer with temp-root.
    This worked for me after getting temp root...

ubuntu$ adb remount
    ubuntu$ adb shell

# remount -o remount,suid /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /data
    # mkdir /data/bin
    # exit

ubuntu$ adb push busybox /data/bin
    ubuntu$ adb push su /data/bin
    ubuntu$ adb install superuser.apk
    ubuntu$ adb shell

# ln -s /data/bin/su /system/xbin/su
    # ln -s /data/bin/busybox /system/bin/busybox

After that, I was able to fight with Titanium Backup and it loaded successfully.
    Temp Root achieved.

Agrabren is the real one to thank. I just typed in what he told me to.

:D

Now, we need the su binary, hboot, recovery, and we are free to flash to our hearts content.
    We ran into a snag in our method of s-off... A completely bricked device. It has slowed us down a bit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk