Portable battery pack?

Search This thread

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
Any know a good brand for portable battery pack to charge the note?
The ones i have looking into:

1. New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack
http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Trent-iCruiser-IMP1000-Blackberry/dp/B004CHMP50
2. Momax iPower Pro 8000mAh Universal Portable Battery Pack
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/momax-ipower-pro-8000mah-universal-portable-battery-pack-p33032.htm
3. Just Mobile Gum Plus 4400 mah
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Mobile-Universal-Charger-iPhone/dp/B002YN4RKU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1

bendoe91z28

Aug 31, 2010
Why not just get some extra batteries and put them in your wallet

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

alfabet0

Dec 17, 2011
I'm a Noob, but I would of thought the following would be the best solution
official Samsung products as according to the Samsung manual, none Samsung batteries & chargers may damage your device:

Official Samsung Galaxy Note Holder and Battery Charger

Official Samsung Galaxy Note Replacement Battery:

I'm afraid I'm not allowed to post external links at this time, but if anyone would care to intercede on my behalf and post relevant product link or simply copy&paste to Google search.

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
Why not just get some extra batteries and put them in your wallet

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

I had 3 batteries with mine old Desire and it takes time to charge all 3 full. Note takes 3Hx2= 6H.
This time I wanna try out portable battery pack instead and can also charge other device too if needed.
I never used portable battery pack before and just dont know which brands are good or bad ones.

Anyway, I might go for New Trent one, small/light and 11000mah sounds good. Just the cheap price makes me wonder how good can it be?

Goodm7sn

Nov 23, 2010
G

geek_riot

The New Trent line of charges are excellent. You won't regret it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using xda premium

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
Just ordered New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and see how it works out. :)

And thanks all for suggestions. :)

berwhale

Mar 16, 2005
The TeckNet iEP380-II 7000mAh I ordered from Amazon.co.uk appears to work fine.

It charged the battery from 40% to 73% in around 1:20 whilst I was watching TV tonight (including the last episode of Dexter, Eek!). I had the Wi-fi on, updated a couple of apps and played with the phone quite a bit, so I'm fairly happy with that.

xlfate

Apr 6, 2011
I'm using Sanyo mobile booster 5000mAh costing around SGD$70~

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

owlhawk

Dec 26, 2011
Momax iPower Pro Portable Battery Pack

Hi, everyone!
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note and I´m thinking of buying the Momax iPower Pro 8000mAh Universal Portable Battery Pack. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Or can you maybe suggest something similar?
Thanks!

beestee

Dec 24, 2008
I have the phonesuit primo...nothing but praise for this portable battery. I have only filled it up two or three times in the year that I have had it, but it doesn't seem to lose power over time. I use it for emergencies in charging my Galaxy Tab, and have used it to charge my Nokia E71 and a few friends iPhones. Looks nice as well.

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
I got mine New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh and just for 1 week.
It came with around 75% charged (3 LED lighted) and icould charge the Note from 10-15% both times., still got 1 led left. Then I put it on charge overnight and it took around 14H before fully charged. :eek:
From 15% to 100% took around 2H 40min and less then Samsung charger that took 3H 30 min.

Thats is something weird about the 3 leds that display how much battery is left, donnu if it display correct about how much battery left its on the battery pack.
From fully charged, it drops from 3 leds to 1 led in around 2H charge time on mine Note. Donnu if the 3 leds are displaying wrong about how much battery is left, or I need to recharge it few times, before it reach full potential of the battery pack?
Or just the battery pack dont have that 11000 mah juice as the spec say its?

One minor problem, I have, is it cant charge mine bluetooth SonyEricsson MW600, it start to charge it for a while and then stop keep charging it. Had to unplug the microusb cable and replug it to charge it.

Well, gonna wait until recharge it few more times and see how it goes. Right now recharging it for 2 time and update later for more "reviews". :)

Goodm7sn

Nov 23, 2010
New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh

i'm about to take the leap for New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh , one last thing , any users who own one can say the pros and cons for it , it aint a cheap unit to purchase, im quite convinced about it but u know , just need the final confirmtion from xda community :)

cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the first external battery (11.000) and I can highly recommend it. Great power, well built and small size compared to other options. I bought it through Amazon.co.uk and the price (around 36 pounds) is great.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't use an extra battery for my Note since the stock battery lasts for more than 1 day. If I really need to charge, I have this portable charger that uses regular AA batteries and has a USB port. I can use it to charge all my other gadgets that use a USB port to charge (Iphone, tablet, camera, etc). I am currently using 2 rechargable AA batteries which can supply 5400 mah of power (2700mah x 2). It also has a LED flashlight if you need it. It's better than constantly taking out the battery to put in another one or using an extended battery that will make the Note even larger. I got it for £2 or 137 pesos from eBay.

33n8acl.jpg

34yzrkj.jpg

Here's the link to the item if you wanna get one.

34nmx4l.jpg
    I got this its 5000mAh
    Its worth it, got it in India

I also got this 3000mAh Battery case

but it only gives betwwen 40% to 50% of extra battery life
    thats really bad, should have been aleast double 100% more :(