HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
So? Again, this Samsung camera that you are attempting to put down, was better than any HTC camera ever made to that point. In fact, HTC has still not released a camera in the USA that is even close to as good as it. So I fail to see how this means you're better off trusting the next HTC camera will be good, while worrying if the next Samsung camera will suck. History has shown time and time again that if one of them sucks it will be the HTC camera, and if one is good it will be the Samsung camera.

It most certainly does not "blow" lol. It currently has a 4.1 rating in the market with over 100,000 + downloads. Clearly, lots of people agree that this app is awesome. I agree that it's expensive, but it's well worth the money (as over 100,000 people in the market agree).

I'm putting Samsung's camera down because they came with the hype for the camera of the GN, touting their zero lag shutter, and excellent picture quality. HTC hasn't often touted their cameras as being top-notch, until now. Touting 3D is way different than touting a good camera. So far from my experience, Apple is the only company to have backed up their claims to an awesome camera (I personally have no hands-on experience with the HTC One, Sony Xperia, or Nokia phones- I've only seen pictures), everything else has been a disappointment.

I don't care for SPB, but that is me. I used it on my WinMo phone back in the day, but purchasing for Android was an expensive mistake.

I'll just leave it as this:
For me I want a high end Android phone with-
1. a top notch camera, worthy of replacing my iP4s
2. good build quality
3. ICS
4. strong signal strength
5. a nice screen

I know the HTC One will offer all of those things and on May 3 we'll see if the SGS3 will as well. Nonetheless, I'll be getting the EVO.

Last edited:
Reactions: ckoadiyn and freeza

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
I'm putting Samsung's camera down because they came with the hype for the camera of the GN, touting their zero lag shutter, and excellent picture quality. HTC hasn't often touted their cameras as being top-notch, until now. Touting 3D is way different than touting a good camera. So far from my experience, Apple is the only company to have backed up their claims to an awesome camera (I personally have no hands-on experience with the HTC One, Sony Xperia, or Nokia phones- I've only seen pictures), everything else has been a disappointment.

I don't care for SPB, but that is me. I used it on my WinMo phone back in the day, but purchasing for Android was an expensive mistake.

I'll just leave it as this:
For me I want a high end Android phone with-
1. a top notch camera, worthy of replacing my iP4s
2. good build quality
3. ICS
4. strong signal strength
5. a nice screen

I know the HTC One will offer all of those things and on May 3 we'll see if the SGS3 will as well. Nonetheless, I'll be getting the EVO.

HTC has hyped up almost every camera they have released. I remember the claims that the Evo 4G camera was so great, and then it turned out to suck like all the previous HTC cameras. It did have more megapixels though- exactly what you say you are worried about with the Samsung phone.

The Samsung camera you keep dogging on was better than any HTC camera ever made. You can continue to talk bad about it, but it's still better than any HTC camera that has been released in the USA to date.

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
HTC has hyped up almost every camera they have released. I remember the claims that the Evo 4G camera was so great, and then it turned out to suck like all the previous HTC cameras. It did have more megapixels though- exactly what you say you are worried about with the Samsung phone.

The Samsung camera you keep dogging on was better than any HTC camera ever made. You can continue to talk bad about it, but it's still better than any HTC camera that has been released in the USA to date.

Uhh, I'm not quite sure it's better than the Amaze 4G's camera.

EDIT: In fact, it's not. Not by a long shot.

Last edited:

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
Well, enjoy this read by people who have used both:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25039414

I'm not seeing the unbiased and experienced with both that I expected. I see a bunch of HTC fanboys dating Samsung sucks. There are even a few people saying they don't like Nexus phones. Not really anyone saying "I've owned both cameras and this one is better."

I guess I should have known though, since it's in the Amaze forum. Of course everyone there is going to love the Amaze.

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
I'm not seeing the unbiased and experienced with both that I expected. I see a bunch of HTC fanboys dating Samsung sucks. There are even a few people saying they don't like Nexus phones. Not really anyone saying "I've owned both cameras and this one is better."

I guess I should have known though, since it's in the Amaze forum. Of course everyone there is going to love the Amaze.

lol dude you just refuse to admit defeat on ANYTHING you post.

Engadget themselves even said the Amaze 4G's camera was pretty fantastic. I have read nothing from them concerning the awesomeness of the Galaxy Nexus' camera. Actually when reading the HTC One X's review and camera performance section, IIRC, it was actually compared to that of the Amaze 4G and IIRC again, Engadget said the Amaze camera was actually better in some aspects. BUT OK!

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Can we move on please each company has strong points and weak..

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005

Engadget themselves even said the Amaze 4G's camera was pretty fantastic. I have read nothing from them concerning the awesomeness of the Galaxy Nexus' camera. Actually when reading the HTC One X's review and camera performance section, IIRC, it was actually compared to that of the Amaze 4G and IIRC again, Engadget said the Amaze camera was actually better in some aspects. BUT OK!

Check it out man:
http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/13/2632976/galaxy-nexus-camera-shots-because-its-sooo-disappointing

It's not the crappy camera mlin was making it out to be.

Like they say in the blog, it's not the greatest but it's still pretty damn good.

The problem is everyone was disappointed when it was only 5 MP. The Amaze had the opposite. It was the best camera HTC ever made so everyone was pleased with it.

If you just look at raw pictures, like these untouched pictures, the Nexus camera is probably better.

sudhirkhanger

Jun 29, 2010
Because its going to make a huge difference to the end user? Let's face it- these specs on paper regarding number of cores and clock speeds have little impact on the end user experience.

Number of cores mean **** unless the chip is actually great with performance.

I do not completely agree. A lot of devs have done amazing things when it comes to making our phones snappier. A few more cores and higher clock speed could add to that.

Why should I have Quad Core?
If a newer or better technology is available, their is no reason to keep using older technologies however good they are. If more quad core phone and tablets are available, more devs will write apps/games that use multiple cores.

Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk 2

notasimpleway

Dec 22, 2009
Rome, Georgia
www.kencaruthers.com
Clearly you have too many issues.

1. Wimax is already unusable.

So good bye 3D.

How is this unusable? I am inside my apartment. Granted it is 3:30 in the morning, but I always have speeds like this throughout the day.

42577a4f-647d-bb59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone with the bigger GeeBees.

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Some people are unhappy n in some areas it isn't that good it cuts bad if u move 10 ft lol

KaoMinerva

Sep 8, 2011
Memphis, TN
I even get decent 4-5mb down speeds in Memphis, INSIDE! Outside, it's like 7-10mb! Ironic enough, it's strongest right in front of T-Mobile lmao! Seen 10-12mb down/6-8mb up last week HAAA!

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh

It's best to ignore at this point....very apparent that he won't own another HTC device and has a sour taste in his mouth over them...resulting in him posting 100% negative posts about them refusing to reason with anyone on the other side ever...

HTC could put a camera equivalent to the RED movie cameras and there would still be the doubters/haters....

The only camera HTC has pushed has been the Amaze...the 3D was pushed for 3D ability not reg photos...so to hate on that aspect like they were pushing it as a feature is a lil harsh...

Top Liked Posts