[4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.15 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode 03/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
Re: [4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode 02/22

I was screwing around on my phone and somehow did a gesture that switched me to the last active app without any middle ground. Not like the recent apps or anything. Does anyone know what the hell I did?
Assuming there's no 3rd party app doing it, have you checked Settings, Language/input, stylus gestures, maybe?

weezill

Mar 12, 2011
Vancouver
Re: [4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode 02/22

I flashed the segmented circle mod for maguro from this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136882

Did a nandroid, crossed my fingers and it worked well :)

Update: I do have to say I was drawn to the other Roms that have a huge feature list including the kitchen sink, but this one has been really stable for me. I like it a lot :D All I really care about is DPI per app and stability.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361578703701.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361578703701.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:

dandarandan

Apr 9, 2009
Charging

Does anyone else have the issue where, when switched off, the phone boots up when you plug in the mains charger?

I don't know if it's an issue with my phone or this ROM but I'm sure having the phone active while charging is sub-optimal.

knlgSeeker

Jul 30, 2010
Sunrise, FL
Google Pixel 5

I flashed the segmented circle mod for maguro from this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136882

Did a nandroid, crossed my fingers and it worked well :)

Update: I do have to say I was drawn to the other Roms that have a huge feature list including the kitchen sink, but this one has been really stable for me. I like it a lot :D All I really care about is DPI per app and stability.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info.. Worked like a charm, that was one thing I wished was built into this ROM, but it's easy enough to flash the mod :beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Jan 11, 2013

I'm just curious has the pie control been fix after lock screen? I'm using cm10.1 and I love it but wanted to get your opinion on how stable it is. I used to use this rom but the issue of camera and Bluetooth and pie not working after lock screen.

spawn50ak49

Feb 12, 2011

Pie works for me after the lock screen :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

weezill

Mar 12, 2011
Vancouver
So 2 weird issues:

1 - the keyboard freezes sometimes when using facebook messenger. Usually, after I get a message, and tap the text input area for the keyboard to pop up. Doesn't matter which keyboard.

2 - I'm using swiftkey flow, and when I try to gesture type/swipe near the bottom of the keyboard, PIE pops up, even though I have it disabled.

TheNetwork

Apr 6, 2011
someone gave me an SD Card fix to flash when going back to cleanrom, and I downloaded it, but it's not on my phone. does anyone have a link?

sapps

Mar 17, 2007

someone gave me an SD Card fix to flash when going back to cleanrom, and I downloaded it, but it's not on my phone. does anyone have a link?

It's in post one or two of the cm 10.1 thread.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

ManelScout4Life

Oct 18, 2006
Newark, NJ
New build is up.

Changelog:
Lockscreen: statusbar will stay hidden in extended desktop, that fixes it for apps like currents as well
Pie: cleaner animations, Speed will control the initial delay only, snappoints have been redesigned --- upcoming: colors, colors, colors
Back to CM stock kernel, which fixes keyboard graphic issues, and has improved stability and battery life.

If you want to OC/UV flash a different kernel but DO NOT DISCUSS THAT HERE.

weezill

Mar 12, 2011
Vancouver
Home button behaviour

On stock, and most of the other ROMs I've tried, the home button wakes from sleep. On PA, it jumps to home screen, putting the active app into background. Is that a PA thing, and is that a bug or by design?

I need to train my hand/mind to use the power button to wake from sleep.

Anthonok

Re: [4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.10 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode 02/25

Any tips to get around the camera force close/can't connect to camera issue? I know it's not specific to this ROM but just curious as to what everybody is doing

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

N0stalgic

Dec 22, 2011
Umm.. not sure if it's been asked before, but any chance of getting Multiwindow in the ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    untitled-22pjyp.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

AOSPA for legacy devices (non-nexus) is still in progress. Consider this build as a early preview.

Please do not answer questions that have been asked and answered before, just ignore/report them.

Removed
    The gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip GAPPS!

You should use TWRP and always wipe system
    and factory reset before flashing and cache/dalvik after!

shots_12pk0x.png

If you like my work, show me.

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

FEATURES for 2.99,
    • Hybrid engine,
    • Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
    • Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
    • Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
    • Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
    • You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
    • Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
    • Theming Engine
    • Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
    • Multiuser support
    • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
    • 4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
    • As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
    • New holo-styled theme chooser
    • T9 dialer
    • New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

03/27 Changes:

Kernel video drivers updated
    Notification LED stays on until you swipe away notification
    (this works regardless of screen on/off)

03/26 Changes:

New PA Prefs 5.2!
    Hybrid quick setting
    Pop-up hybrid settings
    Added last app pie button

Screenshot_2013-03-26-10-49-31.png

Paranoid Android said:
    Statusupdate 24-25 March

This ones a bit bigger so lets just get to the point,

Pa-prefs gets a new pop-up/dialog based interface. It'll be way faster to navigate when you visit the app list.

A new toggle will show you hybrid properties for each foreground app. You tap it and it will open up the same pop-up again. This allows you to change stuff for apps faster than ever before. We've cut out some nonsense like that forceclose dialog.

Pa-prefs comes in holo dark, brings lots of stylechanges and refinements.

PIE wont freeze pixels on nex7 anymore, it will not cause choppy recents. These troubles were from Android but we've found a way to fix them, without checking hw-overlays.

Plus several bugfixes like always.

I'm going to try to make a new 4.2.2 build with video camera fixes real quick, if all goes well and I don't fall asleep you guys will have it within the next few hours.

Edit: There's tons of conflicts on some of CM's sources that I use for this build. This isn't happening tonight.
    ROM updated with newer PIE, didn't get around to changing stylus cursor

Use the newer GAPPs that are in the OP