Are you happy with your 4X?

Search This thread

oblikas

Sep 28, 2012
Bacau
Yo guys.I want to ask you how's the device .Tell me the pros and cons.
I am planning to change my HOX and start developing for 4X.

Thanks!

Reactions: omidz

deownagee

Account currently disabled
Nov 26, 2012
Usa
cutt.ly
Yo oblikas,
I'm Really Freakin happy with my device a pro is the Quad core ofcourse Cons are many tweaks needed as for gaming.
So, please Develop some more for our LG P880 !

Reactions: joohnjoohn

DaveyGroHl

Apr 27, 2012
pros:
battery life
tegra chip
ram(1gb but at s3, it's 700mb!)
hd ips screen

cons:
get warm when using 4 cpus
slow charging time
it's big for me, standard is iphone5 size

roy8846

Oct 18, 2006
Yo guys.I want to ask you how's the device .Tell me the pros and cons.
I am planning to change my HOX and start developing for 4X.

Thanks!

Very Happy Now we have unlocked BL

I came from HOX as well ;)

There isn't a lot of difference really, screen is a bit better on LG and I like the design more. Feels like a premium quality phone to hold.

We Need More Devs though!!! ;)

Gaming will be just like HOX, depends on the kernel and also optimisation of the game ie crappy Gameloft coding :(

Last edited:

someth1ng

Aug 12, 2012
In general, yes but I would like to see much better battery life - especially sleep. My GTab 7.7 can idle for up to 20 days but this phone can only idle for 2 days. Sure, different battery size and all that but it still should hit 4-5 days of pure idle.

I'd also like to see less heat and another thing that can't be helped is that the screen (when tapping stuff) doesn't feel as solid. I feels a bit hollow when you touch the screen when typing but it is accurate and quick so it's not a bug deal.

oblikas

Sep 28, 2012
Bacau
In general, yes but I would like to see much better battery life - especially sleep. My GTab 7.7 can idle for up to 20 days but this phone can only idle for 2 days. Sure, different battery size and all that but it still should hit 4-5 days of pure idle.

I'd also like to see less heat and another thing that can't be helped is that the screen (when tapping stuff) doesn't feel as solid. I feels a bit hollow when you touch the screen when typing but it is accurate and quick so it's not a bug deal.

Its overheat up to what temperature ?

$

$Parker

Its overheat up to what temperature ?

Battery 40 C ,, Normal 25 C .
CPU 65 C ,, Normal 40 C . Especailly when it arrives 1500MHz (in single core only) .

Rebooting heats up phone very quickly higher than anything else .
About gaming , yes it lags in many games .

Last edited:

joohnjoohn

Apr 30, 2013
not so happy

Hi, 3 days ago I bought my Optimus 4x and I'm kinda sad for a few questions.
I'm using the latest version of the Rom (original jelly bean) and I saw that the unit gets hot and the battery is not have a good performance. I tested the battery with Antutu battery tester and came to drop 1% every minute.
I really want to find a solution to my problem. I'm thinking of selling my phone and buy a Galaxy S3.
Sorry for my bad english.

hellchan

Sep 22, 2010
pros:
battery life
tegra chip
ram(1gb but at s3, it's 700mb!)
hd ips screen

cons:
get warm when using 4 cpus
slow charging time
it's big for me, standard is iphone5 size

What ROM are you using that you have good battery life ? Been the bane of this phones existence for me...

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: joohnjoohn

juanacevedo

Jan 15, 2011
Really happy with the this phone. Dev support started off slow but now it's really picking up.

ozeer

Mar 23, 2011
I am absolutely happy with this phone .. It has many advantages more than disadvantages .. Thanks LG for this great phone :)

tiraceite

Feb 22, 2012
LG 4x HD its Amazing

Hi all, i'm happy with this phone, i had a SIII but verizon version... no luck with GSM Networks (3g) in Mexico... now i have 4ox with bootloader unlock and CM 10.1 4.2.2 then its amazing... very fast.. still needs development but i think that's come alone in a few months.... gaming no bad and 3g its great...

bullghost

Mar 25, 2010
for me not really , because of battery drain 1% 1 hour in idle, \
i have try to delete all unused app and disable fastdormancy and disable auto configure mms setting event
what i see is the stock developer is bad

talking about stock rom ..
as far as i changing many region rom, the best is open Europe the gsm and data signal are more stable then asia rom
but all stock rom are drain battery 1% in 1 hour in idle mode,

anyone have same problem ?

UIQrules

Sep 28, 2012
..I had my 4x run 11 days on mostly idle to get to the yellow line once. That's with contact to the mobile network. When the battery on the 4x is less than half the size of that in the tab7. 5100mAh vs. 2100mAh or so.

But yeah, you're right. LG just hasn't optimized the device all that well. And on a stock setup, with the standard apps (that will keep preventing the phone from dropping to idle speeds), you'll be lucky to get over 2 days on standby.

scarfaceq

Apr 19, 2013
Pros:
- Very clear, sharp and big 720p IPS screen
- Battery (at least for me)
- Shape (it fits in hand really nice)
- SD card slot (up to 64gb) unlike HOX for example
- 1 GB ram
- Tegra 3 quad processor (plays 1080p HD videos without problems, great for multitasking, nice performance also in games with some tweaks etc.)
- Solid 8MP camera and 1080p recording
- Unlockable Bootloader + CM support and also other devs are starting to work on our phone now :victory:
- Nice price/performance ratio IMHO (I bought mine for 250€ which I think is kind of cheap for a phone with such specs)
- Removable battery

Cons:
- Heating (Tegra 3 is based on 40 nm technology)
- Needs some tweaking for gaming (mostly for more high end games)
- A bit long charging time

So with 1 word, YES I am a happy and proud owner of this phone. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At first I was unhappy with the P880. Coming from a SGSII I found it was not really that much faster in day to day use (I rarely play games), sometimes it even felt slower :eek:.
    Also the battery drained way to fast for me. Just with moderate usage (checking e-mails, making a few calls, and a bit of internet) I could barely make it trough the day. My SGSII was much better in that respect (same usage, upgraded 2000mAh Sammy battery) and lasted from 8 a.m. till midnight having roughly 20% charge left, where as the P880 would just quit at about 6 p.m.

The camera of the P880 is on the same level as the one in the SGSII, so no improvement there. But I have to say that almost all camera's in smartphones are just crap and only good for taking the occasional snapshot. Even my little pocketcamera takes way better pictures then any smartphone out there (except maybe the PureView Nokia)

The screen I found way better than the SGSII, also the design of the P880 is better (personal taste). So I considered selling the phone after a week of using it. The higher resolution and somewhat bigger screen of the P880 (compared to the SGSII) and the beautiful design, did in no way make up for the abysmal battery-life.

To make an fair comparison though, I had to change the ROM on the P880, because my SGSII was also running a custom ROM which improved it usefulness quite a bit. So after much reading, trying, failing, retrying, I rooted the phone, unlocked the bootloader and installed a different ROM and kernel.

AND MY INITIAL IMPRESSION CHANGED AFTER ROOTING THE PHONE AND INSTALLING A NEW ROM/KERNEL.

The phone now easily last the whole day, with moderate usage and it works fast and fluidly. Now it is really an improvement over my old SGSII. Battery-life is now on par with my 2000mAh SGSII and I still have all the benefits (better screen, higher res, faster operation)...

To make a short story long :laugh:: Yes, now I'm finally very happy with my phone and I'm using my favorite ROM that I was also using on my SGSII. Only wish left is that it would be dual-sim.

Actually, I think it is really a big shame that a phone needs an active community to make it unleash its real potential. Companies like Samsung, LG and HTC keep on pre-loading there phones with their own over-bloated, battery consuming, hardware slowing firmwares. And in many cases a 15 year old DEV. comes along (no-flame intended what so ever), puts in a few hard days of work and does what does big companies still can't, releasing a Kernel or ROM which puts the original firmware to shame, and makes the hardware really shine.
    It really really bugs me when people complain about this Phone being bad...

First of since we have root i have disabled 2 cores on my device and the other 2 cores are clocked at 650 mhz.

i NEVER have any stutters its smooth every day all dat and ive bin running this rom (v10h) since its release and havent even bothered with a reset since then.
    There is no delay after using it a long time there is no slow down there are simply no issues with tis Phone software wise.
    If you have problems its at your own doing by either messing which stuff you know nothing about and should not have touched or because you installed some really crappy apps.

yesyerday i plugged my Phone back in with a battery time of 3 days and 8 hours standby with a screen on time of 2 hours 35 min after 15 months of use.with this battery.
    That may seem a low screen on time but i have to add 40 min of that was DOA which is a VERRY badly optimized app that drains battery like crazy.
    Even my 7 inch tablet that normaly lasts 12/13 hours browsing and so on lasts 6.5 hourswith that game.

And yes the battery life could be better then again this soc was NEVER intended to be in a Phone and yet is preforms just as well as the Onex and S3 which where its direct competitors and it did so at a way lower price and better build quality. (gotta love samsug plastic pcb and HTC's yellow screens).

So as you can see thats verry respectable data.
    And once more i do not have delays or stutters if you do start deleting apps or reset your Phone and something is wrong.

The one and only flaw this Phone sometimes seems to have is that when i enter the camera app the brightness setting is messed up.
    it shows brightness 0 but displays as brightness -3 however quickly swapping brightness 0 to -3 and to zero again solves this for a while.
    Or you can just get a different app.

But really people if you have serious issues with your lg 4x hd start looking at what you did to it before you start blaming the Phone as if i can run it for 15 months without problems and you all cant then either LG has a 90% failure rate or you all are doing it wrong.

My 2 cents and irritation about the complaining people

Hutjeflut out.
    If i get cold, the only thing i have to do is to look a video 5mins and my phone keeps me warm as hell ^_^

Pros:
    - Very clear, sharp and big 720p IPS screen
    - Battery (at least for me)
    - Shape (it fits in hand really nice)
    - SD card slot (up to 64gb) unlike HOX for example
    - 1 GB ram
    - Tegra 3 quad processor (plays 1080p HD videos without problems, great for multitasking, nice performance also in games with some tweaks etc.)
    - Solid 8MP camera and 1080p recording
    - Unlockable Bootloader + CM support and also other devs are starting to work on our phone now :victory:
    - Nice price/performance ratio IMHO (I bought mine for 250€ which I think is kind of cheap for a phone with such specs)
    - Removable battery

Cons:
    - Heating (Tegra 3 is based on 40 nm technology)
    - Needs some tweaking for gaming (mostly for more high end games)
    - A bit long charging time

So with 1 word, YES I am a happy and proud owner of this phone. ;)
    There are 2 kind of people who will buy this phone. Ones that go for its look and ones that s performance.Ones that go for it look wont be disapointed since i didnt meet guy or girl who didnt ask me what phone is that and can i have a look at it.Persons who buy this phone for performance wont be disapointed too since if you devote some time on looking for custom roms-tips and tricks you can manage to get this BEAST to eat any game/app you start even with official rom (yes i sayed official lg rom since i was using it a long time with custom kernel and i played real racing 3 and dead trigger with no lag and great graphic) and things are even better on custom roms...So pick up what kind of person are you and if you bought it for it look and dont want to google and research few tricks and tips how to expand battery or get rid of game lagg then dont complain about is poor stock performance(as i sad already even on stock rom with few tricks u can unleash beast) in gaming since it wont lagg EVER if you use it for sms-web -face etc because YOU bought it for that !...If you are 2nd kind of person you are reading this just because it is funny how people complain all the time and you are waiting for newest build of some stock-modified or custom rom to download so you can flash it and unlish fun :D LG 4X HD FTW ! :highfive: