Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
OP_1.80.png

devs.png

j to the 4n | m0narx | ivicask | shnizlon | topjohnwu

Installation.png

1. Download the latest rom from our venomroms download page
  2. If you got an external sdcard place the downloaded zip there. In case you haven't, wait for step 6 to copy it to your internal sdcard.
  3. Backup your internal sdcard if you got important content on it. Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data, including your internal sdcard. Your external sdcard will stay untouched.
  4. Register at HTCdev if you dont have an account yet and follow the instructions there to unlock your bootloader
  5. Boot up your phone and copy the rom to your internal sdcard in case you didn't in step one to your external.
  6. Download the lastest TWRP Recovery version on the TRWP Download Page
  7. Flash it with fastboot with following command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (replace recovery.img with the actual filename it got downloaded with)
  8. To boot into recovery use 'adb reboot recovery' or press and hold power + volume down and wait till it booted to the bootloader. From there you can navigate with the volume buttons and confirm with the power button to boot to the recovery
  9. If you are coming from stock: Make a backup of your stock rom in TWRP recovery. Include System Image and Boot. Now you have a full stock backup, except recovery, in case you want to return back to stock one day.
  10. Ensure you allow system modifications in TWRP when asked.
  11. In TWRP click Install and pick the rom either from internal or external sdcard to install it.
  12. The installer will start and will guide you through the installation

visit.png

credits.png

Credits.png

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][SPRINT] 13/07 Viper10 2.3.0 | 1.80.401.1 ◦ Tweaks | HUB | OTA | Sidebar, ROM for the Sprint HTC 10

Contributors
j to the 4n
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: HTC Sense

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.3.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-07-13

Created 2016-05-22
Last Updated 2016-07-13

Last edited:

opz187

Sep 30, 2012
I have viper running sick over here. my only issue is I did something to the eqs tiles. when started there were like 20 it was great. I'll figure it out though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160523-222201.jpg
    Screenshot_20160523-222201.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 1,349
  • Screenshot_20160523-222247.png
    Screenshot_20160523-222247.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 1,329

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
I have viper running sick over here. my only issue is I did something to the eqs tiles. when started there were like 20 it was great. I'll figure it out though

better to post in the main thread.

You switched to the quicklaunch it seems.
Longpress the header where the clock and date is to toggle back.
The reorder widgets can be setup in VenomTweaks->Statusbar->Header->Click Settings Icon on Widgets
Now check the items you want to view/reorder.

adhusky

Dec 2, 2006
Tampa
Today was the first time my phone wasn't able to be charged while they USB was plugged in. After I restarted my phone, it backed up as it was charging again..

I wonder if you guys have this similar experience? I doubt it's Viper ROM.. Isn't It?

I can't find this issue in Google.. Maybe too early..

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Today was the first time my phone wasn't able to be charged while they USB was plugged in. After I restarted my phone, it backed up as it was charging again..

I wonder if you guys have this similar experience? I doubt it's Viper ROM.. Isn't It?

I can't find this issue in Google.. Maybe too early..
@Zanzibar a beta tester of us had also a broken charging port..he was on Sprint as well, had to return it :/

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

adhusky

Dec 2, 2006
Tampa
I have made some changes on status bar with widgets and I'm not sure how I have lost my prism menu by press and hold on recent button. It came back with they personalize menu which I dislike. I couldn't figure out how can I get the prism menu back. I have tried reinstall first and OTA.

Thanks in advance.

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
I have made some changes on status bar with widgets and I'm not sure how I have lost my prism menu by press and hold on recent button. It came back with they personalize menu which I dislike. I couldn't figure out how can I get the prism menu back. I have tried reinstall first and OTA.

Thanks in advance.

you updated sense home from playstore. go to playstore and uninstall to revert to the system version.

champs777

Sep 29, 2010
I am super excited to try out this rom. It looks amazing! Thank you for all of the hard work.

I have unlocked the boot loader.
TWRP twrp-3.0.2-4-pme.img has been loaded.
I have performed a full wipe.
I have loaded the rom.
The phone boots up and the screen freezes.
I get a "Setup is not responding"...I can't close out the error or wait.
I let the phone site there for a while and still nothing.
I reboot the phone and get the same error without the ability to do anything.

This error kind of reminds me when I load the wrong gapps on a cyanogen based rom. I just cant do anything.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance!

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Sry for the late reply. The Main thread is in the int forum, linked in the 2nd post.
For me it sounds like a bad download, checked the md5 sum? Also did you allow to write to system when twrp asked?

fello781

Oct 23, 2016
hello could help me set up my LED notifications, only illuminates the green and I can not configure the other colors, I'm with viper as 10 and can not activate other LED colors.
thank help

TheNewGuy14

Oct 15, 2014
OTA

Venom, how do you do OTA updates for your rom. I see the OTA update for HTC in settings, did you guys just change it to where it pulls from your server or will it be an HTC update?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OP_1.80.png

devs.png

j to the 4n | m0narx | ivicask | shnizlon | topjohnwu

Installation.png

1. Download the latest rom from our venomroms download page
    2. If you got an external sdcard place the downloaded zip there. In case you haven't, wait for step 6 to copy it to your internal sdcard.
    3. Backup your internal sdcard if you got important content on it. Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data, including your internal sdcard. Your external sdcard will stay untouched.
    4. Register at HTCdev if you dont have an account yet and follow the instructions there to unlock your bootloader
    5. Boot up your phone and copy the rom to your internal sdcard in case you didn't in step one to your external.
    6. Download the lastest TWRP Recovery version on the TRWP Download Page
    7. Flash it with fastboot with following command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (replace recovery.img with the actual filename it got downloaded with)
    8. To boot into recovery use 'adb reboot recovery' or press and hold power + volume down and wait till it booted to the bootloader. From there you can navigate with the volume buttons and confirm with the power button to boot to the recovery
    9. If you are coming from stock: Make a backup of your stock rom in TWRP recovery. Include System Image and Boot. Now you have a full stock backup, except recovery, in case you want to return back to stock one day.
    10. Ensure you allow system modifications in TWRP when asked.
    11. In TWRP click Install and pick the rom either from internal or external sdcard to install it.
    12. The installer will start and will guide you through the installation

visit.png

credits.png

Credits.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][SPRINT] 13/07 Viper10 2.3.0 | 1.80.401.1 ◦ Tweaks | HUB | OTA | Sidebar, ROM for the Sprint HTC 10

Contributors
    j to the 4n
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: HTC Sense

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-07-13

Created 2016-05-22
    Last Updated 2016-07-13
    All downloads and discussion's on main rom thread

..it's easier for us following one thread instead of several. Thanks!
    Venom, how do you do OTA updates for your rom. I see the OTA update for HTC in settings, did you guys just change it to where it pulls from your server or will it be an HTC update?

Thanks!
    The update is not an official update from HTC, it's an OTA from team Venom.

Sent from my HTC 10