[Q] Change display language

Search This thread

InvisibleKnight

Nov 6, 2011
Rome
Considering how much I enjoyed my dvp I decided to order two of them for a friend of mine. I made sure that they were carrier unlocked and I had them sent from the US. The dvps arrived with factory installed Mango and some t-mo stuff installed (?). I tried an Italian sim card to make sure they were unlocked and it worked perfectly so I just uninstalled the useless apps from t-mo and went in the settings panel to change the language of the device.

I'm able to change everything but the display language. From what I learnt on xda it needs a registry hack to fix this but considering the fact that we can't do that is there another way? My dvp can change the display language with no problem so I thought I could flash these dvps with the rom of my device but it seems a bit extreme to me...

(a cool thing about t-mo dvp is that it can set google as default search provider)

Ascario

Nov 21, 2011
You do not necessarily need to mess with the registry to install additional languages. I was able to install the dutch language by using the Windows Phone update application from Microsoft after downloading the language pack and some other update packages from the Windows Update site. The links to these packages can be found here.

It may require an dev unlocked phone though, but I cannot be certain for that... I used ChevronWP7.

Last edited:

Technosquid

Feb 3, 2012
Someone in the update cab thread was saying that the DVP only allows you to use the english language pack. I don't know if this is true, or whether having a developer unlocked phone would help.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28064528

Ascario, did you install the Dutch language on a DVP, or was it another Windows Phone model?

InvisibleKnight

Nov 6, 2011
Rome
Someone in the update cab thread was saying that the DVP only allows you to use the english language pack. I don't know if this is true, or whether having a developer unlocked phone would help.

Ascario, did you install the Dutch language on a DVP, or was it another Windows Phone model?

That could be true. My dvp is dev unlocked but my subscription is expired and I can't unlock the other devices. I guess I'll have to wait 'till someone finds the way to unlock the damn dvp.

Ascario

Nov 21, 2011

I did install the Dutch Language on my DVP. I have to admit I was surprised it actually worked and "Nederlands" became one of the options in the language menu. I have to add though that I have a German DVP, Italian was already one of the options. If I'm not mistaken, there is a difference between the US and European firmware. You basicly need a European DVP to add other European languages, except for Spanish perhaps.

Reactions: Technosquid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I did install the Dutch Language on my DVP. I have to admit I was surprised it actually worked and "Nederlands" became one of the options in the language menu. I have to add though that I have a German DVP, Italian was already one of the options. If I'm not mistaken, there is a difference between the US and European firmware. You basicly need a European DVP to add other European languages, except for Spanish perhaps.