[Q] Thinking about getting Moto X

Search This thread

ohiojosh78

Nov 3, 2013
I currently have a Nexus 5 and compared to a friends Moto X my screen isn't nearly as nice and the speaker is horrendous. I'm thinking about reactivating my Verizon unlimited data account and using a developer edition Moto X on it but I have some questions.

1. Who updates the Dev. Edition Moto X, Verizon or Motorola?
2. Will my Google Wallet app work like it does now with my Nexus 5 and allow NFC purchases at "Tap to Pay" stores or does verizon block that even on dev phones?
3. A bit off forum but if I use Google Voice texting, can I delete my $30 texting package on Verizon? I heard GV texting uses data only.

Thanks guys n gals!

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
If you don't install custom roms, don't mind the slightly lower quality camera, and willing to sacrifice some performance especially in 3D gaming, then the Moto X may work for you. I think if you get the Moto X be intended to use stock firmware because it isn't as flexible as Nexus. The Moto X will have better battery life than the Nexus, I usually get 5 hours screen on time.

sent via tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Darth

While I continue to say that my, wife's now, Moto x is the superior phone overall....especially for those that just want a great working phone....and aren't flashaholics......I must say, I was fearful of the battery life drop switching to the N5....but after some usual tweaking.....I'm allllllmost matching my Moto x battery times. 26 hour average with 6 hour screen time. I was surprised for sure after things I read. ;)

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

gubshi

Oct 28, 2010
I traded my N5 for a Moto X.

I like the AMOLED of the X more, the speaker and even the vibration. Touchless controls is nice, but the real killer feature is ActiveNotificatons. It's more than fast enough.

I recommend a trade ;)